Messi's next club: place your bets!

Who will Messi join?

• Total voters

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Why are people still thinking he’ll stay at Barca???

Barca have released a statement confirming his departure

He is a free agent now and no longer a Barcelona player, fact

I think PSG is the only realistic place imo

which would be disappointing, poor league compared to UK, Germany and Spain
Argument is Barca are playing bluff with La Liga but I too think it's far fetched.

432JuanMata

Argument is Barca are playing bluff with La Liga but I too think it's far fetched.
Yeah same. I think people are heavily impacted by players saying they are going or being linked elsewhere to get better contracts but this isn’t one of them cases he is gone

Mr Smith

Surprised how many think City will sign him; I feel he's nailed on for PSG. He has far more friends there, and that's actually an important thing for Messi.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I would give it some time before ruling out that he returns to Barca. La Liga will not want to bear those losses and will re-evaluate surely.

Mr Smith

He'll be at Barca.

You don't negotiate a deal, agree a deal, and then within an hour issue a statement saying you can't afford the deal you just agreed to.

No business will operate that way, and I'm surprised anyone is taking the story they are trying to tell seriously.
I think you are drastically underestimating the severity of Barca's financial situation. The deal has been all but agreed for weeks, the only reason he hasn't already signed was thstg they don't have room in their wage bill due to La Liga's cap. Not saying this isn't a tactic to try and get the league to blink, but given their circumstances this scenario was a genuine possibility.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Excellent news. Trying to force players out just for one overpaid player, this is justice. Wonder if it would have gone through if he offered to play for free, not like he wouldn’t be paid by sponsors anyway.
Do you guys live in fairy land?
Why should Messi pay for free, like it is such a ridiculous standard you bunch have :lol: .
"Oh Messi is a greasy greedy little cnut, how is he not playing for free, if he is so great as everyone says"

And for your information, even if Messi played for free, Barcelona still could not have been able to register him. Because even without Messi's wages, they are unable to meet the wage cap set by La Liga.

Godfather

If he leaves it will be for PSG I feel. Won't have to break a sweat there, earn a shit ton of money and have a shot at the CL.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
If he leaves it’ll be PSG or America. There is no chance he will move to another top league.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
That it’s only cause no one can afford him.
Agreed.

He won’t drop his mental demands and shut up the idiots who have said for over a decade he will never risk playing in another top league.

I’d love to see him in the EPL.

Pocho

Agreed.

He won’t drop his mental demands and shut up the idiots who have said for over a decade he will never risk playing in another top league.

I’d love to see him in the EPL.
That would be awesome but almost impossible

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Why Messi has to play in EPL? To proof what exactly?

He is a multiple Ballon D'or and UCL winner.

Harry Kane shines in the EPL, and he is 3 tiers below Messi as a player.

Last edited:

Pocho

Why Messi has play in EPL? To proof what exactly?

If he plays in the EPL they’ll say that he has to shine in el Calcio.

He's always had one big question mark over his legacy, can he do it outside of the perfect setup he has at Barcelona? He doesn't need to come to the PL but he can't just go to a stacked club like PSG in a farmers league and expect to answer it.

BlueHaze

PSG for sure. He spent years trying to get the Barca board to resign Neymar. Now he'll go there to reunite. Plus Argentinian coach and a very good chance at winning the CL.

mu4c_20le

He was hugely successful back when La Liga and Barca were strong and on top. Now that they aren't anymore, he's off to another easy, comfortable environment. That's why it's a stain on his legacy.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He was hugely successful back when La Liga and Barca were strong and on top. Now that they aren't anymore, he's off to another easy, comfortable environment. That's why it's a stain on his legacy.
Thats why maradona will always be miles ahead, he carried teams to success. The current equivalent of what maradona did with napoli would be messi joining a club like west ham and making them league and european winners. I'd be surprised if messi got them top 4! Messi knows this and thats why he'll goto a team thats stacked, he's not fit to lace maradonas boots..

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
He's always had one big question mark over his legacy, can he do it outside of the perfect setup he has at Barcelona? He doesn't need to come to the PL but he can't just go to a stacked club like PSG in a farmers league and expect to answer it.
He is 34 years old.

How comes a 6 times Balloon D'or winner needs the PL to boost their legacy?

Harry Kane ,who was never in a Balloon D'or podium, scores for fun in the EPL...what makes you think that Messi can't do the same if he goes to City?
Messi destroyed all kind of english teams in his peak at UCL.

He goes to PSG because he wants to play with his buddy Neymar in his last years as a professional, that's it....he doesn't need PL to boost anything, when he is already praised by many legends as best footballer in History or compared to Marabdona and Pele.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Thats why maradona will always be miles ahead, he carried teams to success. The current equivalent of what maradona did with napoli would be messi joining a club like west ham and making them league and european winners. I'd be surprised if messi got them top 4! Messi knows this and thats why he'll goto a team thats stacked, he's not fit to lace maradonas boots..
Maradona had to wait until Napoli signed Careca,Alemao, and Bruno Giordano to win Serie A.
His best season, individually , was the first one, when Napoli ended 8th, but the team wasn't good enough.
The titles came after the players i mentioned arrived.

Time to debunk myths.

Last edited:

Lord SInister

Maradona had to wait until Napoli signed Careca,Alemao, and Bruno Giordano for Napoli to win something.
His best season individually was the first one, when Napoli ended 8th, but the team wasn't good enough, the titles came after the players i mentioned arrived.

Time to debunk myths.
Also let us not forget, West Ham will have to break the world record signing, just like Napoli did.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
his legacy is set, he’s annihilated epl teams his whole career and playing on an insanely stacked city team that walks the league won’t make a difference

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The guy murdered all teams he played against from all the leagues, scoring against teams like Burnley, West Ham, Norwich won't change his legacy. He destroyed best from all the leagues.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Maradona had to wait until Napoli signed Careca,Alemao, and Bruno Giordano for Napoli to win something.
His best season individually was the first one, when Napoli ended 8th, but the team wasn't good enough, the titles came after the players i mentioned arrived.

Time to debunk myths.
It's laughable. People think Maradona would take WH to become PL and CL winners :lol:

I'd like to see Messi join a better league but at his age it seems the CL and his family is his priority which is fine. He doesn't need to prove anything to the PL fans really. Perfect setup is a funny accusation. He hasn't had a perfect set up for a number of years and has continued to he absolutely brilliant. But no, Messi must prove he's as good as golden boy Kane, or something as pointless as that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Barcelona hasn't been the perfect set up for a long time and his peformances are still absurdly good. He's going to win the Balon Dor at 34 while playing for flawed teams at club and NT level.

Truth is he can never satisfy some unless he leads Stoke to glory.

Lord SInister

Barcelona hasn't been the perfect set up for a long time and his peformances are still absurdly good. He's going to win the Balon Dor at 34 while playing for flawed teams at club and NT level.

Truth is he can never satisfy some unless he leads Stoke to glory.
He needs to join us, and win us PL.
Although I doubt that is going to satisy some here

mu4c_20le

I'd like to see Messi join a better league but at his age it seems the CL and his family is his priority which is fine.
Ronaldo did it and he's two years older so age is just a number to these guys. It's about ambition, and mentality.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
These last few pages tells you that you will never convince everybody no matter how good of a player you can ever be, because someone will always have a reasoning why that player isn't all that, or his legacy is stained because he's not playing for Burnley, or playing for free for a Barcelona that couldn't even afford him even then. That's why he's better off doing whatever he wants to do, because no one should even question what he would do here, there, or on Mars, he'd dominate because he's older now and with a dysfunctional team and is still a top contender for the Ballon d'Or once again.

If we can question this guy, then there isn't a player in history someone won't have a mental take about; he might as well do whatever he wants.