Micah Richards - The Pundit

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He’s a rubbish pundit who has stumbled upon a formula that works for TV.

Incredibly lucky that he came onto the scene during City’s dominance so he basically just gets to sit there and laugh every game because it usually goes exactly how he wants it. Never had to do any in depth analysis and just sits there looking all smug before and after games as if he’s part of it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Incredibly lucky that he came onto the scene during City’s dominance so he basically just gets to sit there and laugh every game because it usually goes exactly how he wants it. Never had to do any in depth analysis and just sits there looking all smug before and after games as if he’s part of it.
That is the Richards experience.

Though I defy anyone not to laugh when Keane said he saw us getting something today!
I can barely remember a game when I would genuinely have taken a 1-0 defeat before kick off, but that was definitely one.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff

Infuriating.

The smug giggles as he praises City really annoy me. I always acknowledge how good City are with no bitterness but he's a classless moron.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Gary summed it up nicely in that Ranick is not here to be judged on his coaching ability. He’s literally here to find out about this squad and the club as a man on the inside and the use that to plan for the longer term.

Bringing in someone like Conte does nothing for us long term, just like with Mourinho.
It's a flawed concept though.
As why is Ragnick, some utterly randomer, the man whose opinion on players should be listened to by a new manager?
Why can't the new manager do what all new managers do and make the assessment themselves?

It's like United like the idea of this new age technical director of football stuff, but have done it in a weird way, where this supposed expert has a crack, fails, but still gets to tell everyone else what's what.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Infuriating.

The smug giggles as he praises City really annoy me. I always acknowledge how good City are with no bitterness but he's a classless moron.
In football eventually everyone comes a cropper.
Just wait for that sweet sweet moment when it's his turn.

Spoony

The People's President
Gary summed it up nicely in that Ranick is not here to be judged on his coaching ability. He’s literally here to find out about this squad and the club as a man on the inside and the use that to plan for the longer term.

Bringing in someone like Conte does nothing for us long term, just like with Mourinho.
Gary probably doesn't really have a clue what the plan is.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
It's a flawed concept though.
As why is Ragnick, some utterly randomer, the man whose opinion on players should be listened to by a new manager?
Why can't the new manager do what all new managers do and make the assessment themselves?

It's like United like the idea of this new age technical director of football stuff, but have done it in a weird way, where this supposed expert has a crack, fails, but still gets to tell everyone else what's what.

I think you are ignoring the fact that it was December and we couldn’t most likely get most of the guys we wanted. United never made it even seem like RR was the long term alternative but rather that he was just filling in. Sad thing though is that knowing this club we will probably just let him go in the summer & all this was for nothing

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I don’t think he was hired by Sky for his analytical skills.

The irony of course is that Micah would not hold a first team spot in the current City team.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
What’s the tl;dr version of what he did? (other than giggling at Keane’s bad cop routine)
He went on quite an emotional rant about Man Utd and their general direction under Rangnick. Was quite weird and out of nowhere. Neville and Keane didn't really know how to respond.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Why is Neville claiming that due to his "two year consultancy" Rangnick will "pick the new manager"? Isn't this just shockingly, baffingly wrong?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
"you're ranting emotionally without making any sense" :lol:

Micah really did come across as dense especially after Neville explained what the plan is.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
What was the gist of the rant?
Why is Ralf in charge? He's not a good coach, he works behind the scenes. He then asked why Conte wasn't appointed, which I thought was ridiculous when you see what has materialised at Spurs. He couldn't wrap his head around Neville's response that Rangnick would work in a consultancy role and advise the next manager on the players and who was worth keeping. It was just strange, I think he was annoyed that he, and City's performance, wasn't getting any screen time so felt the need to go on a bit of a strange, emotional rant.

Last edited:

M Bison

Supports
York City
I saw this at the time and thought Neville was brilliant, Richards was so over the top and unnecessarily animated that he came across as a fool. Neville was calm and considered, whereas Richards seemed drunk.

I typically like Richards too, i think he brings a bit of light heartedness to proceedings, but today he was trying (and failed) to offer more.

Brophs

The One and Only
Neither shocking nor baffling. He’s surely going to have some say on the appointments.

And what’s that got to do with Micah Richards?
I imagine he’ll be asked, certainly and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was involved in discussions with candidates as the process goes on but the noise around United seems to be very much that Murtough and Fletcher will be the king makers.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I saw this at the time and thought Neville was brilliant, Richards was so over the top and unnecessarily animated that he came across as a fool. Neville was calm and considered, whereas Richards seemed drunk.

I typically like Richards too, i think he brings a bit of light heartedness to proceedings, but today he was trying (and failed) to offer more.
Well he is a fool. That's his sole purpose, it's when he tries to do serious when it really all falls apart.

I’m loving my life

Isn’t he basically doing what Ian Wright did in the 2000s and being the laughy, jokey pundit?

I feel like British TV companies always have the token serious Scot/Northerner, the esteemed recently retired ex player and then the court jester as their standard lineup.
I feel like they cast black pundits in the clown role too often, and I don’t like it. It’s like Lineker and Shearer (or whoever the other pundits are) do the serious discussion about tactics and it gets interspersed by Richards laughing and not really contributing anything constructive. As someone else said, put Onuha on instead or someone who gives some insight. There really is no need for the inane laughter every 5 seconds.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
That was always part of the plan, he would do a recce as interim manager and submit a report with recommendations.
First of all, recommendations is not the same as picking the new manager, then, where is that plan laid down? All I heard was Rangnick saying himself in his opening press conference that nothing apart from the interim job was fleshed out, and then this week he reiterated that he had not spoken with the club about incoming managers. While apparently the list of candidates and the process to vet them is going on.

I just don't understand the continuous ghosting of John Murthough. When clearly he's the one picking the new manager. Leads off topic though.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Actually if you watch the whole thing Nev clearly says that RR will give his opinion & report but it’s upto the club to decide whether they want to follow it or not

Spoony

The People's President
Actually if you watch the whole thing Nev clearly says that RR will give his opinion & report but it’s upto the club to decide whether they want to follow it or not

He's probably hoping. If that were the case the players would look more keen to impress, though. It's a bit of a mess at the mo.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
First of all, recommendations is not the same as picking the new manager, then, where is that plan laid down? All I heard was Rangnick saying himself in his opening press conference that nothing apart from the interim job was fleshed out, and then this week he reiterated that he had not spoken with the club about incoming managers. While apparently the list of candidates and the process to vet them is going on.

I just don't understand the continuous ghosting of John Murthough. When clearly he's the one picking the new manager. Leads off topic though.
But you are the one who used those words? Neville literally said he would submit a report which the club might ignore.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
But you are the one who used those words? Neville literally said he would submit a report which the club might ignore.
Neville said both. Never mind, I focused on one part and it bothered me but it's not important.

Chief123

Richards does chat shit a lot. I normally like him but he got rattled by Neville’s comment telling him to stop talking nonsense through emotion.

Then Richards gets rattled when he’s asked what Utd should have done. Comes out with the magic Conte solution. Oh dear.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I thought Neville was needlessly condescending and patronising towards Richards to be honest.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I thought Neville was needlessly condescending and patronising towards Richards to be honest.
Because Richards is a clown? His rant was so fecking stupid, Conte was his answer is he fecking serious?
Yeah we get Conte. Then he spends a quarter of a billion to challenge for top 4 bringing in his Fellowship of Serie A players.
The guy is so overrated it's unbelievable. He won the title at Inter because their only proper title challengers Juve went into decline. He only won it with Chelsea because both Liverpool and City were still in transition.
You could give him a billion $ and there's no way he'd outpace points wise City or Liverpool to the title both of these clubs are just on another level.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Because Richards is a clown? His rant was so fecking stupid, Conte was his answer is he fecking serious?
Yeah we get Conte. Then he spends a quarter of a billion to challenge for top 4 bringing in his Fellowship of Serie A players.
The guy is so overrated it's unbelievable. He won the title at Inter because their only proper title challengers Juve went into decline. He only won it with Chelsea because both Liverpool and City were still in transition.
You could give him a billion $ and there's no way he'd outpace points wise City or Liverpool to the title both of these clubs are just on another level.
Before it even got heated, Neville hit him with the 'you're just ranting emotionally' when at that point he was just asserting his point in a manner Neville himself has done a thousand times. You can't throw little patronising jabs at someone and then wonder why they get riled up.

BlueHaze

How did this guy even become a pundit? It's like they took out a semi stoned college boy out of his dorm and put him in the studio. His constant fake laughing outbursts remind you of those frat parties where some stoner laughs at his own fart joke and when it comes to serious debate he brings nothing to the table.