Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I want him to stay over Schweinsteiger.

Let him play once in a while when our main holding midfielder needs a break. He is still a good player.

Sylar

He was decent, but he should be a luxury player rather than a starter for us. Thats nothing against him, but to try and see him go 90 minutes three times a week (or even twice) is not what he should be doing.

Norris

I thought he was great. Obviously, if you look at what his strengths are and analyse them, you can see he had a good game. Forward Passing - Check. Interceptions - Check. Tackles - Check.

But putting him in a midfield with Rooney and Fellaini was a bit suicidal. If van Gaal insisted on playing Rooney, then Herrera should have started the game. He should definitely be here next season. In games against the bottom 15, I would definitely play him.

NinjaFletch

Typical Michael Carrick performance recently wasn't it?

Fine in the first half, nice touches, broke up play, did his job and then faded badly in the second and was probably the main reason, or at least one of the main reasons, why Leicester came back into it in the second half and we struggled to get control of the game.

It's hard to blame him though, his legs have gone. We know it and he knows it, but for some reason LVG does not consider substituting him at all.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We could have defended better and we win and lose as a team - but Carrick made a bad mistake that led to their goal. If that was Rafa when he was still here - folks would have called him rash. I don't think he was that great - I think Leicester were there for the taking and sadly it led to their goal. Carrick would i'm sure admit that himself so i'm not going to praise him. They weren't really in the game at that point - just keep your composure ..

3KDré

If we are to continue with him, it must be like Pirlo at Juve: with two strong runners that can defend the space before they reach Pirlo, so as to reduce his defensive burdens.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He must be on his way in the summer the alternative would just be further proof of how poorly run the club is at the moment

DenisIrwin

It really is amazing how people are so prepared to let him off the hook. He was crap again. Has been for these past two seasons and more. Look people! How can someone be considered a leader and sometime captain and yet be rated our 22nd best player overall in the EPL? He is finished. Has to go. Good riddance. His influence has been damaging.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Glad Schneiderlin will be playing against West Ham. I can't trust this guy in a physical game.

West Ham 3:2 Man Utd

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I often feel like I only truly appreciate what Carrick contributes when he's not playing.

Norris

Poor lad. The most divisive player in the history of United and probably English football.

I can understand why he was not starting, but he needs to come on soon.

Sylar

We play better offensively when hes on the pitch cos he can pass and he can do it by going forward.

The problem is his age and how he should be a luxury player now. But much like with Scholes before him, were relying on him to sort out our midfield at age 35...

m1y2

guys, we were always coming stronger in the second half, always.

Carrick has struggled more than a lot on big occasions and in fast paced games past couple of years so I wasnt surprised he was dropped. We can only guess if he would be up to the big task in the first half against pumped up westham midfield..

saying all this credit to him he was decent. Herrera and schneiderlin on the other hand is a big disappointment this season - zero confidence, they definitely need to step up next season, getting tired of these performances even though we all should known by now that they hardly fit in this drowsy possession-based system

Raw

Would definitely keep him for next season. He's still one of, if not our best midfielder which is pretty staggering.

Golden Nugget

Would definitely keep him for next season. He's still one of, if not our best midfielder which is pretty staggering.
Shockingly true, how have we not improved on an almost 35 year old Carrick after the money we've spent.
Agreed. Had a poor start to the season - looked worst when he was partnered with Schweinsteiger. He's been our best midfielder during the second half of the season - which is hard to believe as we had signed 4 CMs (Fellaini, Herrera, Scheniderlin & BFS) in the past 3 years and 6 if you include Blind and Di Maria (who I believe was originally signed to play there).... oh that money spent and we're depending on a 35 Year old Carrick.

Getting another season at United is a no brainer - but we shouldn't be relying on him again next season.

Man Utd 3:1 Bournemouth

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Thank you for everything Michael. An underrated player who we will miss. We had the best times with him at the heart of our midfield.

settembrini

He finishes the league campaign with 1973 minutes; 0 goals, 0 assists.

Fantastic player over the years who has contributed hugely to many trophies. Hopefully he wins one more at the weekend and leaves on a high. It's time.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Still to this day underrated and the most underrated Man Utd player in my lifetime

Hope this isn't the end

Status
Not open for further replies.