Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
So is he off to Everton then? Think he's still got something to offer us next year. But I think it would probably be his last.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's had a pretty poor season sprinkled with performances where he gives us calm and composure that Herrera, Schneiderlin and Fellaini don't.

I personally think he's very close to being done, and would replace him this summer. If we can't get a good enough playmaker we'd have to keep him so that he and Schweinsteiger can give us the class in the middle. But we should be looking for an upgrade.

Smores

I think it'll be up to him and whether he's happy to be a fill in squad player.

Carrick deserves a lot of respect for his time here. Taken a lot of abuse by our impatient fans throughout the years.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
BBC saying not talks and none planned for now. Safe to say he's off. Wish the club would just say something so we can give him a proper send off. Been an amazing player for us.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
BBC saying not talks and none planned for now.
I wonder if this points to a new manager coming in, so no decision is being made about MC? After all, van Gaal has said that he'd like Michael to be a coach...

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I wonder if this points to a new manager coming in, so no decision is being made about MC? After all, van Gaal has said that he'd like Michael to be a coach...
That would be risky as he would only have weeks left on his contract.
Also, if we has already decided on a manager, he would have given word if he wanted him to stay or not. I suspect we have decided not to renew but don't want to upset the team while there's still much to play for.

Everton 1:2 Man Utd

Zoo

Disappeared in the second half. He hasn't got the legs any more to go 90 minutes in a game like this and Van Gaal should have brought Schneiderlin on for him.

Minimalist

One of the bad performances again today. Really can't understand the desire to see him sign an extension - we need to move on.

kundalini

Those 25 mins in the 2nd half when we got over-run, I kept wondering where our midfield was. Not all Carrick's fault but the lack of athleticism in our midfield absolutely killed us during that spell.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I don't think he was as bad as is being made out. The game passed him by in the second half, but honestly there isn't much a DM can do when goalkicks from DDG/corners go to Everton defenders, and then out wide, rinse and repeat.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Got totally overrun in the second half, should have been replaced with Morgan or brought on to play alongside him.

izec

Thought he was terrible. That feck up with Mensah for the Lukaku chance summed him up. Defensively and offensively nonexistent, and hesitant on the ball all game. Could have cost us at the end where he lost the ball under pressure. It is time to go, time for fresh legs

Kag

Sold Fosu-Mensah down the river for Lukaku's opening chance. Kind of sums up his general ambivalence towards taking matters into his own hands and acting with authority.

The ball was there to be headed away.

WhoDaGOAT

He was fecking class in the first half. Running the show, along with Rooney.

His legs clearly didn't last the full 90 mins. But more importantly, Fellaini and Rooney didn't press effectively in the second half and failed to dominate possession.

That was a good display from Carrick. Cut the guy some slack ffs. He's nearly 35.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Again, I don't get what he's supposed to do when
1. Everton are attacking from the flanks
2. Winning corners or conceding goalkicks
3. The corner is cleared or goalkick launched to their defence
4. Rashford loses the 1st ball, Rooney/Fellaini lose the second ball
5. Everton attack from the flanks

He never got a touch, but no one was trying to find him at all.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Bizarre reading these comments. I was at the game today and thought he was great but had 2 poor moments with the Lukaku chance and giving the ball away in the 2nd half. Thought he did well, especially in 1st half

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Bizarre reading these comments. I was at the game today and thought he was great but had 2 poor moments with the Lukaku chance and giving the ball away in the 2nd half. Thought he did well, especially in 1st half

Yes, I replayed parts of the game in my head just now and he had some excellent passes to feet and through a bunch of Everton players. Didn't take the easy option. When he was invisible, it wasn't his fault. I gave him a 7/10 in the ratings and I think that's about right.

Norris

I just hope he gets one more season though. He'll be eligible for a testimonial then. One of my favourite players for the last 10 years-ish.

Sylar

He shouldnt be a starter in the sense of playing 90 minutes every game. He should be more of a luxury player especially at his age.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Carrick is one of my favourite all time United players, I don't know why I just love the guy. The fact he has him playing fecking golf in his Twitter pic says his time is up.

Walters_19_MuFc

Haha, bantz from Carrick. First half he was really good. Controlled the tempo as usual. Second half, he struggled a bit, as did everyone when Everton were putting pressure on us. Still a class player to have, though.

Perrick Dubois

Everton upped the tempo and he fell to bits in the second half. It is to be expected, the guy is 35 and has never been an all-round power-style player. He's a man who fits a hole and when he's in the hole he plays the pivot well. I think LVG's system requires much more all-round mobility and defensive and attacking action.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Sold Fosu-Mensah down the river for Lukaku's opening chance. Kind of sums up his general ambivalence towards taking matters into his own hands and acting with authority.

The ball was there to be headed away.
He didn't sell anyone. He made a terrible error but Tofu was also there to defend. Both players made a mistakes in that sequence.

Everton upped the tempo and he fell to bits in the second half. It is to be expected, the guy is 35 and has never been an all-round power-style player. He's a man who fits a hole and when he's in the hole he plays the pivot well. I think LVG's system requires much more all-round mobility and defensive and attacking action.
Again, we as a team go to pieces when teams are ready to press and attack us. It has happened on multiple occasions this season. It is not an individual player's fault but a shared blame between our midfield and defense.

Perrick Dubois

Again, we as a team go to pieces when teams are ready to press and attack us. It has happened on multiple occasions this season. It is not an individual player's fault but a shared blame between our midfield and defense.
I'm not talking about the team though, just Carrick. It is a trait of how he has built his game that he isn't an "all action, roll the sleeves up and lets do it lads" type player. This type of system doesn't really lend itself to individually styled players fitting the system. Not sure why you need to defend him though, it's just an obvious off the cuff remark that is quite visible in his game as it was yesterday. He's 35, can't really complain about it.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I'm not talking about the team though, just Carrick. It is a trait of how he has built his game that he isn't an "all action, roll the sleeves up and lets do it lads" type player. This type of system doesn't really lend itself to individually styled players fitting the system. Not sure why you need to defend him though, it's just an obvious off the cuff remark that is quite visible in his game as it was yesterday. He's 35, can't really complain about it.
Don't think it's about him being 35. Basically what you are describing is a defensive midfielder like Kante, when Carrick is more a deep lying playmaker. His strengths are reading the game, interceptions, his visions and passing. In the system we played last night, 4141/433 whatever you want to call it, the onus
is on the box-box midfielders on his side to be the all action midfielders and blunt the opposition. Once Everton started pressing us, Rooney disappeared and excelling under that kind of pressure isn't Fellaini's strength either. Now, I am not saying that Carrick shouldn't have done better, but everyone could have done better to stop the barrage of Everton's attacks that came in the second half.

Perrick Dubois

Yeah his legs have been gone for a while, that is all I am trying to say. I dare say timeshare would have been invoked and BFS would have come on if he was fit. Also that I can't blame him, he's 35 and never been a mobility player.

Status
Not open for further replies.