Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Getting the absolute run around tonight, by Hull.

AndyJ1985

Really hope we sort out our midfield once and for all in the summer. We shouldn't be so reliant on a 35 year old. Can't blame him for not bossing the midfield every game.

Mike09

Honestly, I don't think he's been that good this season. Nothing like 2012-2013 when he was very influential.

I know of the stats when he's played, but he can't be your 1st choice holding midfielder.
But in our current squad no one else is better than him as a holding midfielder.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
You can bet your arse if he wasn't playing today there would be plenty telling us we were playing shit because he wasn't there.

Mike09

Pick up a good pass to Ibra who was free and in a good position for the goal there.

Raw

First loss we've had this season when Carrick started I think. Just didn't look the same player today.

Jonno

First loss we've had this season when Carrick started I think. Just didn't look the same player today.
He can't be at the top of his game for 40-50 games in a season

He needs to be rotated a little bit more, but we simply don't have the personnel in that position

Ashley R1+O

His legs are well and truly gone. Definitely the first player I'd be replacing in the summer. Not really expecting all that much against a Hull side that has a lot of energy and was chasing the game from the off.

Sylar

Needs to be rotated. Was hoping he would rest this and the Wigan game. Hopefully he doesnt play the Wigan game now.

LouisDanGaal

He genuinely needs the other midfielders to play well to function, its far too easy to overrun him and while usually saying things like well player x was worse aren't constructive comments, with carrick, if Herrera and pogba play badly, he won't and can't play well.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Needs to be rotated. Was hoping he would rest this and the Wigan game. Hopefully he doesnt play the Wigan game now.
He didn't play last game and only played the first half in the game before that and he didn't play in the first leg against Hull which makes it 45 minutes of player for the past two weeks before this game.

Sylar

He didn't play last game and only played the first half in the game before that and he didn't play in the first leg against Hull which makes it 45 minutes of player for the past two weeks before this game.
Hmm, yeah he didnt play first leg true.
Was sure he played last game but clearly not. Maybe he needs to play more :lol:

TBH, the whole team looked slow and lethargic, especially first half. Somebody said earlier that hes not going to carry our midfield now (and thats true), just needs to be the platform. Still surprised at how bad he looked at times today. But saying that, I think the whole team plays bad when we dont have width and pace to stretch the game.

ti vu

Conspiracy Alert:

Mourinho must read the CAF and played Carrick while assembled a shite game to get a controlled loss to end the Carrick unbeatable streak, so he's not pressured to always start Carrick. We still get to the final after all :wenger:

Joking aside. What happened to Carrick? Unrecognizble

Man Utd 0:0 Hull City

Eddy_JukeZ

IMO, he's been slightly overrated this season. We really need to get a better player in his role next season and not rely on him so much.

Not singling him out, as our midfield overall has fallen off a cliff lately to be fair.

Rossa

He dictates the grand sum off feck all. One probing pass just isn't enough.
Not his fault all of our other players have been absolutely rubbish. That pass he made to Ibra was sublime, and he also made a few more. His forward passes are great and he stops whatever Hull tries to play through the middle. We can't ask much more of him. Pogba and Herrera have been dreadful. We look lost when teams park the bus against us.

Man-United

He's 35 and need more time between the games. Should have been rested until sunday.

Kag

Not his fault all of our other players have been absolutely rubbish. That pass he made to Ibra was sublime, and he also made a few more. His forward passes are great and he stops whatever Hull tries to play through the middle. We can't ask much more of him. Pogba and Herrera have been dreadful. We look lost when teams park the bus against us.
It's completely his own fault he's been rubbish. We're playing against Hull and he isn't controlling the tempo of the game.

The only player raising the tempo remains Herrera, who aside from one awful attempt at a through ball, has played more forward balls than any other player in the side.

Rossa

It's completely his own fault he's been rubbish. We're playing against Hull and he isn't controlling the tempo of the game.

The only player raising the tempo remains Herrera, who aside from one awful attempt at a through ball, has played more forward balls than any other player in the side.
Carrick plays one and two touch passes the whole time. The trouble is, he often passes the ball to Pogba, who then spends a month deciding to make the easy pass he could have made in the first place - not exactly Carrick's fault that. I can't disagree with you more, mate. Carrick is doing his job, Herrera is a little poor and Pogba is awful.

Carrick off - Pogba continues...

kps88

That's him taken off at HT for the second home game in a row.

Mike09

He's been the best one among Pogba and Herrera in first half especially with some of his passings to Rashford and the one to Ibra when Pogba had his best chance.
Herrera's decision making have been dreadful today and too ineffective tonight. I even remember when he had so much space and time, he passed the ball to Carrick who was just about 30-40cm distance with him and there was a man behind Carrick at that time, and I was like "why" and "what's the point"?
Pogba, oh well..

Devil may care

Once he came off there was a huge hole in the midefield for Hull to run into as neither Herrera or Pogba looked sure of who was Arthur and who was Martha.

ti vu

Jones was immerse before his injury. It's understandable taking Carrick off who played at a slower pace than what we as a team aimed for. RoJones are dependable to keep the ball moving at the back and pass out to our midfielders.

Jones' injury blew the whole plan off as with Smalling, we need Carrick to help getting the ball out of the back or Smalling would often try to "lay off" for his teammates to create play, making our play limited dimensional/one dimensional. The last minute play summed it all: Smalling could have play it out himself. Instead, he put pressure on DDG who miskicked and ruined our supposed last push.

Our attackers are terrible this game and made one of those days games again. Pogba and Herrera as box to box midfielders are Okay. We just need to finish our chance. Even if the opponent score, we have enough chance to win the game. For some reasons, we can't score for shite.

Sylar

I thought he was ok, but obviously not needed. I think for home games like this, we should be going 4231 and using Carrick for the away games and / or tough home games (thats unless we concede first then he can be subbed off haha)

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Sublime? Yet again Herrera's passing was more accomplished than Carricks. Putting Micky through early on and Valencia for the Rooney/Zlatan chance.

If Carrick shit on a biscuit you'd give it a Michelin star.

Manny

Grammar Police
I thought he was ok, but obviously not needed. I think for home games like this, we should be going 4231 and using Carrick for the away games and / or tough home games (thats unless we concede first then he can be subbed off haha)
This essentially. The way Hull set up camp in their own half meant Rojo and Jones were more than capable of building from the back by themselves.

Plus you had Pogba dropping very deep to get on the ball so in the end, it was the right decision to take Carrick off.

PepsiCola

Echo the sentiments that he really isn't needed for all games.

For games like today we should really start 4231 and wrap the game up comfortably.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
Carrick's role is to "protect" the back four and to make creative balls forward. He wasn't needed for that role today in so far as the back four was not even tested.
He made a couple of decent passes but lack of finishing meant we had no lead to protect in the second half. Taking his off to rest him for a game where we do need what he brings made sense to me. His replacement (Rooney) was a puzzling decision though?

Mike09

Thought he was our best player ?
I thought he was in first half. Two of our biggest chance in first half came from his forward passes.
Second half when he was off, there was huge hole in our midfield which gave a few threats to our defense.

Ashley R1+O

Don't know what is wrong with his game this season. Seems to be stuck a bit deep and out of position which is weird for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.