6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Can't open this in Thailand. I did hear on Full Time Devils that Carrick is due a testimonial. Any idea of when yet? And does this mean we won't give him another year's contract?
I dont think it's an indication either way on a contract extension.

Either way I beleive Jose will be prioritising an upgrade on him in the summer, it's whether he decides Fellaini and Herrera are enough cover for his positon when the new player comes in. That's if he doesn't decide to stick with 4-2-3-1.

Mike09

Can't open this in Thailand. I did hear on Full Time Devils that Carrick is due a testimonial. Any idea of when yet? And does this mean we won't give him another year's contract?
Most likely it will be announced soon. Even Carrick made some hints in his Instagram's story. Testimonial has nothing to do with a new contract. He will stay most likely, it's important to have such an experienced player like him in the squad (less wages, leadership, winning mentality, great history with the club). He still has a massive role just like how we used Giggs, Scholes and Neville to build our squad into a winner.

Stadjer

Testimonial? I like those testimonials with former players and old teammates but i dont like the testimonals as part of pre season... just do the testimonials after a player retires please :(

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
If he's fine with a role from the bench (I hope next summer we solve our midfield issue), why not stay for another year or so

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Think he was mentioned as having a knock. He would have defo been on the bench if not.

Water Melon

Needs to retire. Even his last legs are letting him down. The age is catching up.

ivaldo

Didn't think he was too bad today. Used the ball quite well.

Though it's pretty annoying watching him stand still instead moving into space to receive the ball.

m1y2

better in the second half while pretty terrible in the first, will be glad if he finally retires we need to move on, herrera - pogba is easily the best midfield we can field which allows us to have another attacking player, he desnt even seem to be good on the ball anymore while his legs are gone

Agni

Needs some time on the bench for The Caf to go back to the Carrick-is-the-missing-link rhetoric.

criticalanalysis

Didn't think he was too bad today. Used the ball quite well.

Though it's pretty annoying watching him stand still instead moving into space to receive the ball.
This. I'm a big critic of his pedestrian passing but I thought he was good today. Pushed the issue and tempo when he could.

The problem was his lack of pitch coverage. He's a third CB at times. Tactical or not, we need a bit more energy and off the ball options when we're higher up the pitch.

When we needed some tempo in the first half, Herrera pushed up to help Miki and Carrick sat far too deep, leaving a massive gap.

Lingard taking Miki's space in the middle didn't help.

Sylar

Hes not a 2 man midfield player anymore, even against lower opposition. Hes 35 and in an area which requires legs. His positioning can still be good and his use of the ball can be good. But he needs runners around him. Not surprised he looked better when it moved to a 3 man midfield once Pogba came on.

ivaldo

Hes not a 2 man midfield player anymore, even against lower opposition. Hes 35 and in an area which requires legs. His positioning can still be good and his use of the ball can be good. But he needs runners around him. Not surprised he looked better when it moved to a 3 man midfield once Pogba came on.
We shouldn't be building a team to accomodate a fading 35 year old, so unless he can find a way to adapt (like being proactive) hes not going to contribute much.

Brophs

The One and Only
Needs to retire. Even his last legs are letting him down. The age is catching up.
Nah, nonsense that. He could easily play on for us for another season, if his games are chosen well. And he'd get in most sides outside of the top 7 or 8 even now.

Sylar

We shouldn't be building a team to accomodate a fading 35 year old, so unless he can find a way to adapt (like being proactive) hes not going to contribute much.
Youre pretty much agreeing with me then.

Strats

Wouldn't necessarily want him to retire since he has been quality this season, but to be moving forward we shouldn't have to be relied upon him as we have been during this season. We need more mobility in that position as it is now.

Hopefully the prospect of Herrera being able to perform in Carricks' role with bringing in another signing into the position/giving Fosu Mensah more opportunities should be our set up next season.

More than happy to see Carrick playing cup games and games against lesser opponents in the Premiership. Can't rely on having him start the big games anymore.

Will Absolute

I understand criticism of his lack of mobility, but not his positioning and passing. He's the only player in the side who, when he gets the ball, I'm confident will do something intelligent, non-trivial, and progressive when possible, and will do it accurately.

NoPace

I understand criticism of his lack of mobility, but not his positioning and passing. He's the only player in the side who, when he gets the ball, I'm confident will do something intelligent, non-trivial, and progressive when possible, and will do it accurately.
I'd include Blind and De Gea in that category too.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I'm sat here reading this thinking I must have seen a different game. I genuinely thought he played fine, pretty well in fact.

criticalanalysis

Problem is those two can go hand in hand.

He can have the best game reading than anyone on the planet and see the play 2-3 passes before it happens but it's no good, if he can't actually be in the more critical parts of the pitch and physically affect things, than simply sheppherding and cleaning up.

Devil may care

With Mkhi injured I thought Jose had just made a smart subsitution by bringing him off to make sure we could play our best 4-3-3 on Sunday, but it seems he's injured. :(

criticalanalysis

In the match day thread, I was saying how Carrick made more sprints in the game than he had in the last 3 years. I guess we now know why. Scholes even said it that he's always had problems with his calves.

Don't want to insinuate much but maybe he was holding back from active pressure (short sprints, pro active tackling/sheppherding etc) because he's preserving his legs?

Status
Not open for further replies.