Michael Carrick | 2021/22 Interim-Interim Manager Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

C'est Moi Cantona

He maybe fancies a go at it full time somewhere else, and it's not a bad audition he's just put it in for a club willing to take a chance.

KeanoMagicHat

He’s done his job well in that United only conceded 1 goal in 2 games without Varane after being unable defend for months. However, the quality of the football on the ball has left a lot to be desired.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
According to Raf Honigstein, Murtough and Rangnick last met in 2019. I also listen to a podcast which has guests from around Europe who work in various different capacities within the football side of different clubs, and they have also said that many Sporting directors sought Murtough's advice on building data science departments and it was also mentioned that Rangnick consulted Murtough when the RB clubs began looking into building a Sports Science department many many years ago.

Murtough is described as a innovator in in his particular field in the UK.
Doesn't sound like a mate. People in football do meet, network and share ideas.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I know people are dismissing this idea, but it is nonsense that the manager has nothing to do with the coaching.

The coaches may control the actual coaching, but the manager controls how the coaches coach the team. He has full power over what is done.

I have never known any other instance where the coaches have taken so much flack in place of the manager. The manager controls the coaches and they do as he wants.

This happens in all jobs: you do as your manager says. You may be able to suggest changes etc., but it is entirely up to your manager whether he does anything with it.
If coaches are not providing the training drills that effectively have the players producing the managers desired tactics and system, then its a problem. Coaches have to be able to create and design training drills to fit an outcome, some are better than others at this. At the same time managers have to be able to spot if the training drills arent of the correct standard and make changes to coaching staff in the same manner changes to players happen.

Djemba-Djemba

He's exceeded my expectations in the two games by miles.

We've ridden our luck but we also look 100 times more organised and focused than we were under Ole.

4 points from two tricky games is very decent.

Woziak

My theory now is OLE made most of the decisions under advice from Mike Phelan, Carrick showed he’s tactically quite cute in both games.
He soaked up the pressure, used all 3 substitutes in both games and unlike Ole used more players from the squad to freshen things up, let’s be honest here we still have a very high mountain to climb, our wide players need to work harder, Ralf need to play Donnie more and we need to be far more ruthless in the premier league against other sides, On the plus side Alex Teles will push Luke Shaw and currently on form Harry Maguire is our 4th best CB.
Michael Carrick audition as a young coach who still has much to learn to become a top manager has gone ok, let’s hope he learns under Ragnorak and the dinosaurs like Mike Phelan are allowed to leave, McKenna should go work with the youth setup and never be allowed near the first team until he’s won an under 23 or under 18 league and I don’t mean the Northern under 18 PL.
I liked how Carrick handled the media, set up the side but let’s be honest to manage united from now on you really have to have done a full apprenticeship and won a trophy with a side like Newcastle, Villa or Leicester

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Maybe carrick can coach us one day in the distant future, because he has looked promising and used the tools he has to his disposal. He isn't a scardy cat either.

The Purley King

Yes we set up like underdogs but let’s face it we are at this point.
He won’t be the guy to send us forward but for the two games he’s been in charge I liked the set up. Pragmatic and cognisant of our situation.
We’ll done Mike

SER19

Disagreeing about our poor pressing is incredible given our stats. We've been absolutely dreadful

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
“If you want loyalty you’ve gotta get yourself a dog....” :lol:

El Jefe

Keane is a complete idiot. Carrick as a coach has to do what Ole instructs, Carrick as a manager does what he wants.

He's great for TV but he can be a right clown at times.

Djemba-Djemba

Big time. However he seems to have gone at him a couple of times now in a way he didn’t really do with Ole. Seems weird to me.
Think there's a pretty clear reason.

ex team mates with Ole and he clearly liked him, he has no prior relationship with Carrick so is able to be more honest.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Keane talking shite.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Disagreeing about our poor pressing is incredible given our stats. We've been absolutely dreadful
the quote sums up how seriously they take it tbf. “this pressing thing is nonsense, we press up high ever match”

oh micheal.

mu4c_20le

"There's Ronaldo, he just wants to go down the tunnel. Why Carrick is trying to give him a high five, I don't know..." :lol:

Swedish_Plumber

Think there's a pretty clear reason.

ex team mates with Ole and he clearly liked him, he has no prior relationship with Carrick so is able to be more honest.
Aye for sure. Can’t really be arsed listening to him spout shite about friends at the club when he barely criticised Ole.

They’ll all be straight on Ralph’s throat the moment the first bad performance that comes along.

I like Keane and Neville most of the time, but they’re massive hypocrites with everything United.

Djemba-Djemba

Aye for sure. Can’t really be arsed listening to him spout shite about friends at the club when he barely criticised Ole.

They’ll all be straight on Ralph’s throat the moment the first bad performance that comes along.

I like Keane and Neville most of the time, but they’re massive hypocrites with everything United.
Agreed.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Doesn't sound like a mate. People in football do meet, network and share ideas.
Exactly.

The same applies to Solskjaer and a number of our coaching staff. McKenna and Carrick weren't mates of Solskjaer but it didn't stop the caf polluting the forum with awful opinions.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Keane is a complete idiot. Carrick as a coach has to do what Ole instructs, Carrick as a manager does what he wants.

He's great for TV but he can be a right clown at times.
Carragher done him there tbf

Glorio

I love Roy but he's being absolutely idiotic. Carrick said some strange things but he seems to just be taking out his frustration of Ole losing his job out of Carrick.
Now he's on about Ronaldo not starting. This is a game where you know you'll be under the kosh with everyone defending. Why does Ronaldo have to play every single minute? Good on Carragher for calling them out.

el3mel

Guy did more than enough as a caretaker. Stopped the rot set by Ole and got 2 very good results in 2 important games.

Thanks Carrick.

Glorio

And Keane getting irate because Carrick said he was proud of the boys, what does he want?? The manager to say "you dug in well today but no kudos to you because you've been rubbish for the last few weeks"? It's the post match interview for today's game, not the season!

flappyjay

Yes we set up like underdogs but let’s face it we are at this point.
He won’t be the guy to send us forward but for the two games he’s been in charge I liked the set up. Pragmatic and cognisant of our situation.
We’ll done Mike
His hasn't shown any fear of how the players will react to his line ups, he sets up the way he sees best. With how many chances we have been conceding this season I thought Ole would have done the same for the pool and City game.

Status
Not open for further replies.