Michael Carrick | 2021/22 Interim-Interim Manager Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Withnail

I love Roy but he's being absolutely idiotic. Carrick said some strange things but he seems to just be taking out his frustration of Ole losing his job out of Carrick.
Now he's on about Ronaldo not starting. This is a game where you know you'll be under the kosh with everyone defending. Why does Ronaldo have to play every single minute? Good on Carragher for calling them out.
Yeah I'd agree there. His point about Ronaldo was ridiculous. He shouldn't have been subbed on, let alone start today. If Ronaldo starts today we lose that game.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
His comments on pressing show he's delusional, get him out. 2 decent results though.

Castia

Ended up with 4 points from 2 tough away games but let’s be honest for about 170 minutes across both games we were shite.

Clear your locker and get the feck out for me.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
It hasn't been pretty but he got the team playing more sound defensive football. It's a start.
I saw the exact same "football" as before Ole lost the players. Biggest difference was no Shaw and Maguire stinking up the place.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Ended up with 4 points from 2 tough away games but let’s be honest for about 170 minutes across both games we were shite.

Steered the club through some tricky fixtures, not sure what you expect considering he's not taking over full time.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
His comments after the game only affirmed the belief that he, Ole and everyone else connected with the first team is living in a completely delusional world. I think his mind will be genuinely blown when he sees what Rangnick will have in store.

lex talionis

Credit is due to Carrick for getting something out of both of these two tricky fixtures.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)

He’s a complete novice who got two good results that’ll benefit the next person coming in. He’s going anyway so saying “get the feck out” is completely unnecessary and disrespectful.

pacifictheme

He’s a complete novice who got two good results that’ll benefit the next person coming in. He’s going anyway so saying “get the feck out” is completely unnecessary and disrespectful.
Agreed.

He's had a couple of days with the squad and got two good results playing shite football. His job was to be there while we bring in the interim manager and yeah it's not been pretty but its been effective and that's about as much as anyone could reasonably expect.

I expect some people are getting worried the board will do something stupid and appoint him.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
How do you know he's going anyway? He's survived in the coaching team for two managerial sackings already

Hope you're right though

Ronaldo's ego

How do you know he's going anyway? He's survived in the coaching team for two managerial sackings already

Hope you're right though
He might be kept on as a formality but he’ll be told what to do by Rangnick, his input will be very limited. From his point of view though he’s very lucky as he’ll get the opportunity to work with and learn from some top drawer coaches.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Ffs - we have absolute wank ‘fans’
Right, if it were up to you, we'd go through the same circus of the past 3 years. He's absolutely clueless if he thinks we play a pressing game and there is no need to lie. These managers/coaches are not what the club needs.

Redlyn

Why are people so rude though.
You would almost think he walked in off the street and wasn't a great player who served us well for more than a decade. If new coaches are brought in and he is kept on to develop further what's the issue.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
He might be kept on as a formality but he’ll be told what to do by Rangnick, his input will be very limited. From his point of view though he’s very lucky as he’ll get the opportunity to work with and learn from some top drawer coaches.
Kept on as a formality? You have no idea so why make claims about him going.

Fans are sick of this "formality" holding the club back

Ronaldo's ego

Kept on as a formality? You have no idea so why make claims about him going.

Fans are sick of this "formality" holding the club back
I don’t work for the club, it’s all speculation so don’t come at me like an interrogation. Rangnick hasn’t even been officially announced yet so Carrick might have the whole season, who knows eh?

Castia

Why are people so rude though.
You would almost think he walked in off the street and wasn't a great player who served us well for more than a decade. If new coaches are brought in and he is kept on to develop further what's the issue.
I just want to cut the bullshit. He was a decent player for us but not qualified to be coach or interim he shouldn’t be anywhere near the coaching staff and has been here under 2 failed managers, he’s not good enough.

I couldn’t care less what he did in the past if he’s failing the team now.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
There is a noticable change in how we set up with zero at the back in mind and players today looked like they would like to press but Chelsea just looked level above. In both of the games we were a worse team and pulled out a result which is a plus but hardly something a dominant team aspiring to be the best in the world should play like. But yeah let's keep it more pragmatic like this until Rangnick takes over. If Carrick had ideas of how much better we should play he would have already implemented them. any talk of him staying beyond an interim is a nonsense, definitely Phelan should go, he's just a mascott and MCKenna possibly be demoted to the academy coach. Carrick has some charisma and if there is anything in him, he should try to work his way up from league one/championship if there's anyone willing to take a punt on him.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I don’t work for the club, it’s all speculation so don’t come at me like an interrogation. Rangnick hasn’t even been officially announced yet so Carrick might have the whole season, who knows eh?
so don't criticise carrick as he is going according to you but don't question you if he's going because you dont work for club. right

SAFMUTD

I sense from his aftermatch interview that he had some hope on staying as manager. Glad we won't take that route.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He is thinking better than Ole for sure. Which makes me wonder whether Carrick or McKenna had any say in team selection.

Liked the midfield today but got the subs horribly wrong.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Hopefully that’s goodbye to Micheal. Good luck to him for the rest of his coaching career

Red00012

He’s going nowhere he will still be a coach

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He looked more at home on the touch line than Ole ever did. That MOTD analysis of today’s game will help get him another job before Ole too.

Irwin99

Not trying to diminish the good results and the obvious morale boost he's given us but if Villarreal and Chelsea score those early chances our game plan immediately goes out the window. Again, not criticizing him, there's only one way we could have got a result today I feel and it was with an ultra defensive set up but i wouldn't read too much into anything regarding differences between Carrick and Ole or building for the next boss.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
A game plan that Mourinho would be proud of. He managed big players very well, and made the team hard to beat. Comfortable win against tricky away CL game, and stole a point against League leader away (and most of us are still disappointed with a point).

If RR, a season pro, had this result within a week in charge, I'd hail him as genius. And we're talking of a novice here.

Last edited:

Water Melon

Michael at the wheel feels much better than Ole at the wheel. Better for our players, immaculate fans at stadiums and United suppprters all over the world. You can see some structure and plan along with passion and desire. Well done Carrick.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Did well during his short time here, getting something out of 2 very tough away games during our most difficult period.

Question is, should he remained as part of coaching team, once Rangnick has joined us?

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
I just want to cut the bullshit. He was a decent player for us but not qualified to be coach or interim he shouldn’t be anywhere near the coaching staff and has been here under 2 failed managers, he’s not good enough.

I couldn’t care less what he did in the past if he’s failing the team now.
He was far more than decent for us.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He should stay around and take notes from Ralf. He's onto something.

Villareal - spot on. Went back to the classic Fergie days of pinning the opposite side wingers on the sidelines. The Scholes-esque crossfield passes out to them was the perfect key to break them down. The pressing system was reignited successfully and offloaded our shite defense.

Chelsea - Wow. Really well done. Only 3 teams have taken points off this Chelsea team this season, 2 being City and Liverpool. He got the pressing system spot on. If it wasn't for brainfarts from AWB all game he would have tucked away the game.

What's most impressive about the Chelsea game was it was a completely different tactical setup to the Villareal game.

Status
Not open for further replies.