Michael Olise

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
A) They have bought their shares it just needs to be signed off by the Prem.

B) It was widely reported that INEOS require sign off of any January signings

So I would hazard a guess that this is true
A- As they say its only done when everything is done Joel Glazer is probably the most undecisive football club owner in history. Would he be keen to push for works to be done if the deal is not officially ratified?

B- Reports widely claim that an assessment will be made first. Surely that will be done with heavy involvement of football people that INEOS can trust. Mitchell hasn't started work and the other candidates (Ashworth, Freedman etc) are still with other clubs.

So as said it could be one of three options

1- this is media BS
2- this is simply PR (Glazers getting fans excited for the summer to cover up to an underwhelming January sales, our present football staff are trying to impress the public by coming out with decent targets etc)
3- someone (Mitchell?) had told the United top brass to have a close look to certain targets and they went on leaking the information to the media instead.

Demaw

Nobody is perfect, my hesitation with him would be pace (not slow but not that fast) but he's a much better player than Antony anyway and not a selfish player, proper wide player. Could develop something like Mahrez?

For my wide players I really think pace should be vital, but it always depends on who can we actually get.
I kept seeing a bit of Antony with all that cutting in etc. Not that rapid either. We already have Amad.

Mwooyo

I kept seeing a bit of Antony with all that cutting in etc. Not that rapid either. We already have Amad.
Guys...dont compare Olise to Anthony. Olise regularly easily beats his FB when 1v1 and creates a goal scoring opportunity... Anthony does not. Olise can beat his fb either way...he has a great right foot... Anthony has no right foot. Olise is a better passer with either foot and better crosser than Anthony. Olise is much much faster than Anthony with the ball but more than that...he is much faster with his mind and execution. He sees and makes passes Anthony has never made right from his junior days in Brazil. The only criticism of olise is that his injury record of recent can be better but he is twice the baller Anthony is

Bondi77

I am looking forward to seeing how Amad develops before even thinking about another player coming into that position.

RuudTom83

Depends what the clause is? the reported 60 million doesn’t make him a steal at that price.

Kinda feels like the ideal time would have been before he signed an extension and 100k a week.

Now United are going to end up with him on 200k and 60 million out of the kitty.

Feels old United more than new United.

United888

I didn’t know he has release clause after he signed new deal. The release clause could make it less complicated for us to sign him. He will get much more minutes by playing here than in Liverpool or city.

Him or Bowen ? Olise is a better dribbler but Bowen is a better goal scorer. Olise is younger too.

I would be happy with either of them.
Olise all day everyday. He offers far better creativity than Bowen and has higher ceiling.

https://fbref.com/en/players/c4486bac/Michael-Olise
https://fbref.com/en/players/79c84d1c/Jarrod-Bowen

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I don't think he'll play for England and seemed set on choosing France or Algeria. I don't think he has enough to break in the french national team.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He is an excellent player but recently been suffering injuries. His goal against us a few weeks ago was magnificent.

Macedonian Red

Guys...dont compare Olise to Anthony. Olise regularly easily beats his FB when 1v1 and creates a goal scoring opportunity... Anthony does not. Olise can beat his fb either way...he has a great right foot... Anthony has no right foot. Olise is a better passer with either foot and better crosser than Anthony. Olise is much much faster than Anthony with the ball but more than that...he is much faster with his mind and execution. He sees and makes passes Anthony has never made right from his junior days in Brazil. The only criticism of olise is that his injury record of recent can be better but he is twice the baller Anthony is
He is better then Anthony but is he better or close to Salah, Saka, Silva etc?

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I'm confused by him. He's an excellent player but very deceptive in that he does not look explosive for a winger but more elegant. Yet, he constantly beats his man with pace or skill. He reminds me a lot of Mahrez.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm confused by him. He's an excellent player but very deceptive in that he does not look explosive for a winger but more elegant. Yet, he constantly beats his man with pace or skill. He reminds me a lot of Mahrez.
Based on the clips, his skill seems good but not sure about his pace / engine / ruggedness. Also he seems to have scored two goals both last season and the season before? That seems absurdly low?

gajender

Apparently CP discovered that we found out about the release clause from the player, showing the club had direct contact with him.
In My limited understanding , if player has a release clause then he is free to talk to other Clubs directly .

I think it's more like Olise used Chelsea to up his wages and Chelsea realised that and they simply backed off it had nothing to do with Palace's empty threats .

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Well you’re both wrong because it’s Matt Hargreaves is the clubs transfer negotiator (brought in to replace Judge). You both even said it with your CHESTS. As if you had any idea on what the back room staff at United actually do! Not that I know any better but I do know it’s not Murtough doing the negotiation.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-united-transfer-news-hargreaves-27740832.amp

https://theathletic.com/4320321/202...greaves-transfers/?source=user_shared_article
Who do you think he reports to and gets sign off from? Murtough is ultimately responsible for transfers and has people working under him to facilitate that.

Either way, the point we were trying to make is that it’s not ETH who dictates how much we pay for player wages and transfers.

Ekeke

He's quality but I expect if he came it would be because we sent Antony out on loan/sold him and also sold Amad. I doubt any of the 3 would want to be a backup and Olise would probably cost a lot

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You also thought Van de Beek was better than Bruno.

I'd leave the talent recognition ability to others.
‘Better fit for the type of football I’d like us to play, actually. So perhaps also keep your 2 cents to yourself.

Last edited:

Von Mistelroum

From what I've seen, he's a decent winger who can actually pass and cross a ball, which makes him at least twice as good as all of our current wingers. So yeah, why not?

Redstain

Based on the clips, his skill seems good but not sure about his pace / engine / ruggedness. Also he seems to have scored two goals both last season and the season before? That seems absurdly low?
He has a change of pace which is why his speed seems deceptive but it is the most useful trait when beating defenders from a stand still or recieving a pass, he often drifts past opponents with ease. He would be the best winger the club has purchased he's levels above Diallo, Antony and Pellistri. Offers a goal threat but is more of a creative outlet, he can go inside and outside the fullback.

Righteous Steps

I don't think he'll play for England and seemed set on choosing France or Algeria. I don't think he has enough to break in the french national team.
He definitely does, who are they playing in front of him, present day Dembele or Conman isn’t far above his level these days if at all.

eire-red

It's an interesting one because he brings something completely different to what any of our current wingers do.

My only worry is that he won't bring enough goals, and his creative talents may suffer if we don't have someone up top to score.

However, I do like the profile. He's a bit like Kulusevski in that he's deceptively quick and a very tidy dribbler, but can also pick a pass and create from deep. I think Kulusevski is the type of player we're desperately missing in that front line, but Olise is a really interesting alternative.

I'd sell Antony and Pellestri in the summer and if that can cover Olise, we'd have Olise and Amad fighting it out for that RW position. Both young and kind of similar traits and styles, so would be a big transformation on the right side.

Woziak

I think he's getting massively overhyped if you think he's going to be a mainstay for France or England anytime soon.
I think at 22 he is a chance, but he might end up like Mahrez and end up playing for Algeria.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
At one point he had one the best set piece the deliveries in the league as well. I think he‘s an interesting player that adds a different dimension.

Paul778

I'd sell Antony and Pellestri in the summer and if that can cover Olise, we'd have Olise and Amad fighting it out for that RW position. Both young and kind of similar traits and styles, so would be a big transformation on the right side.
Selling Anthony does not release funds when he's on over 200k/week and there is noone who would pay him more than 50k/week elsewhere

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Selling Anthony does not release funds when he's on over 200k/week and there is noone who would pay him more than 50k/week elsewhere
In which case it releases 50k/week.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
He definitely does, who are they playing in front of him, present day Dembele or Conman isn’t far above his level these days if at all.
There's the overhyping i was talking about :D Elise over Kingsley Coman is pure madness. He'll be lucky to get subs apperances in third group games.

dcrompton

I would take him, Eze and Guehi in a heartbeat. The state of our squad that teams like Crystal Palace, West Ham and Brighton all have at least 3 players better than anything we have

Ace

Not a world beater, but he would instantly be our best winger-- Added bonus of forcing Antony (who seemingly is the first name on the team sheet for whatever reason) down in the depth chart.

Righteous Steps

There's the overhyping i was talking about :D Elise over Kingsley Coman is pure madness. He'll be lucky to get subs apperances in third group games.
Conman has 3 goals and 3 assists this season mate, i think you see a bigger name and automatically assume that player is still currently the better player.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Not a world beater, but he would instantly be our best winger-- Added bonus of forcing Antony (who seemingly is the first name on the team sheet for whatever reason) down in the depth chart.
I’m pretty sure Antony lost his starting spot recently, but for the fact Hojlund fell ill against Forest.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Conman has 3 goals and 3 assists this season mate, i think you see a bigger name and automatically assume that player is still currently the better player.
Don't matter anyway since Conman and Elise don't exist. :angel:
It has nothing to do with bigger names, just watching them play. Coman is a better player than Olise. And as bad as Dembele's start to his career at PSG has been, Deschamps is not dropping him to try Olise. Moussa Diaby tore up the Bundesliga, had an okayish start to his PL career and he would still consider hismelf on the fringes of the french squad.
In 2/3 years, maybe if he believe he has a chance to play and decide to opt for France. If he feels closer to Algeria then good luck to him, they will be fighting for most ACN and honorable appearances at the WC.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
It is extremely unlikely he will start over those two. He probably won't even get pick for the French national team. Olise can still improve of course but there is a difference playing for Palace and PSG/Bayern.

Andersons Dietician

Been calling for this signing for over a year. Such a no brainer.

Olise is comfortably one of the best right wingers in the league. It doesn't matter if he's British.
I always thought he was French but I can see he actually has duel citizenship. First time I ever saw him was for the French under 21’s but I see he was born in London.