Mike Summerbee

togg

absolute tit. When you are invited on to a panel, you have to see the big picture. Sure you can support your team...but not be so blinkered as to look like a total prat...

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Laughable. Poor guy. The "fan" in him really came out. I'd probably have done something similar.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Surprised he's back.An embarrassment.

The funniest was when we beat the bitters 5-0 and Kanchelskis got a hat trick. Prior to the gane he was City this and City that, they were going to win blah,blah snooze!

Denis Law was his co summariser and at the end of the game Denis just had a beaming smile on his face and said absolutely nothing as they asked Summerbee to sum up the game. Summerbee's face was a picture of incredulity.:lol:

032Devil

I love these old codgers coming on and making a biased scene. I remember a couple of seasons ago when Sky were broadcasting a derby and Crerand was giving his views. When asked about City's performance, he flatly refused too. The (late) Mr Keys didn't know what to say.

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
Mike and I must have watched two completely different games. City had a spell of possession, but very seldom did they do anything with it. I highly doubt SAF is looking over his shoulder worrying. Laughing maybe, but not worrying.

Ole'sbodyguard

Surprised he's back.An embarrassment.

The funniest was when we beat the bitters 5-0 and Kanchelskis got a hat trick. Prior to the gane he was City this and City that, they were going to win blah,blah snooze!

Denis Law was his co summariser and at the end of the game Denis just had a beaming smile on his face and said absolutely nothing as they asked Summerbee to sum up the game. Summerbee's face was a picture of incredulity.:lol:
:lol:

Summersbee always used to get done like this on Sky in the 90's. Used to be him, Law or Best and Marsh who did the derbies.

I remember him saying his son, Nicky Summersbee who City signed from Swindon, was going to be a England international and was in the same category of prospect as Giggs and Sharpe(Sharpe was established but had just come back into the side from a season long injury). He's was average at best and got relegated under Ball:lol:

BTW - Has anyone any idea why the likes of Summersbee and Francis Lee have always done a fair bit of media work but someone like Colin Bell who was a better player than both of them never seems to even given an interview. Similar to Mike Doyle, who is another cult City hero. Never seen them in the media or in print.

As I was listening to it, it came across as a bit Kevin Keegan-esque in he just went on this ridiculous rant

fadas

Back in the day, did Lee bum Bell and Bell bum Lee and then they all bummed Summerbee?

Dave89

Jamie Redknapp came across as reasonable and sensible in that clip, definite manager material...

Number7

Ret's Slave
As I was listening to it, it came across as a bit Kevin Keegan-esque in he just went on this ridiculous rant
my thoughts exactly especially the 'We'll come here and take them apart one day, mark my words' :lol: :lol:

Classic

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
They are going crazy on Bluemoon because it seems Summerbee may have been right about the possession. Apparently it is some sort of Sky conspiracy against Man City. :lol:

Match Report | Man Utd v Man City - 12th February 2011 | Sky Sports | Football News

Man Utd 49.8 Possession Man City 50.2

Apparently Sky put up the stat for "territorial advantage" as "possession" which United had by 54% to 46%.

This is a great win for Mike Summerbee. He was right by 0.2%. Massive massive result. :lol::lol:

mufcwarm92

He's good mates with Paddy Crerand. A football conversation between them must be a biased load of wank.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Does anyone have the full video of the post match analysis with Summerbee, a United legend and our next manager?

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
He's good mates with Paddy Crerand. A football conversation between them must be a biased load of wank.
They were on Countdown to Kickoff on MUTV Friday night. It was enjoyable but half the time they were just whispering to eachother and having a laugh.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
"Vincent Kompany is the best defender in the premier division"

Ever heard of Vidic you bitter bluecunt?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
"Vincent Kompany is the best defender in the premier division"

Ever heard of Vidic you bitter bluecunt?

This fat ass needs to stop saying "as simple as that". Its so fecking irritating. I cannot imagine how the other three would have felt sitting right beside this fecker. God he keeps saying the same thing again and again and again.

"Man Utd are going to be looking over their shoulders now"
"Simple as that"
"End of the day"
"We played wonderful football"
"We gave them a good fight"

Alex

They are going crazy on Bluemoon because it seems Summerbee may have been right about the possession. Apparently it is some sort of Sky conspiracy against Man City. :lol:

Match Report | Man Utd v Man City - 12th February 2011 | Sky Sports | Football News

Apparently Sky put up the stat for "territorial advantage" as "possession" which United had by 54% to 46%.

This is a great win for Mike Summerbee. He was right by 0.2%. Massive massive result. :lol::lol:
He doesn't believe in stats though

Excal

Except he didn't say City had a slight edge in possession, he said "60%". In point of fact, Sky's error of United 54 City 46 was less than half as far off the truth as Summersbee's 60-40 guess.

United87

At least it's a change from the norm, bland commentary and analysis and the Obligatory half an hour long discussion about a dive in the box, is this the new direction Sky were supposedly heading? Are they trying to court the superfluous/controversial angle?

That being said, when I see that kind of stuff on RTE I am entertained but on Sky it's just uncomfortable viewing, I think that is down to the sanitized, regulated show we have been fed for years..

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
A spectacular goal won the match but the shitty fecking lucky one isn't getting a mention ? feck off Summerbee
Pretty sure he says that a fluke goal doesn't matter as it's a goal. He then implies that we only won because of a spectacular goal, which by what he just previously said counts just as much as a deflected goal.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Redknapp continues in that vein he's a shoe-in for the United job.

RednProud

I was at the match and listening to the 5 Live commentary. Alan Green is as big a twat as Summerbee.

When Utd were 1:0 up he said "if it stays like this Ferguson will say he was justified in leaving Berbatov on the bench, but that will only be because they won"

Then when Ebwin saved a point blank effort in the second half he said "it hit his foot rather than him saving it", fortunately Pat Nevin put him right on this one.

No wonder Fergie doesn't give Green the time of day. What a total Cnut.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I was at the match and listening to the 5 Live commentary. Alan Green is as big a twat as Summerbee.

When Utd were 1:0 up he said "if it stays like this Ferguson will say he was justified in leaving Berbatov on the bench, but that will only be because they won"

Then when Ebwin saved a point blank effort in the second half he said "it hit his foot rather than him saving it", fortunately Pat Nevin put him right on this one.

No wonder Fergie doesn't give Green the time of day. What a total Cnut.
:eek:

What!!?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Summerbee added: 'I am already fed up of seeing and reading about that Rooney goal. It was special - any football fan would admit that - but you can have too much of it.

'The day after the derby I came back from watching my grandson score two goals in his Sunday morning match, switched on the telly and there was that goal again. 'I turned over to Antiques Roadshow.'

City's trophy cabinet was on there.