Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
No, it doesn't. SwissRamble gathers information from the documents communicated by the clubs to the regulators under the FFP rules (Uefa & domestic leagues). Women's football is a totally separate activity and most of the academy costs are not subject to FFP regulations.
Do you know if they published any comparisons with the main European clubs?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's not when you're comparing the output of a penalty taker versus a none penalty taker. One of the key differences last season seemed to be officials didn't give you as many penalties anyway so they may have wised up. As for Bruno.......

Using low-light videos to judge players is dumber than using penalties.

cyberman

It's not when you're comparing the output of a penalty taker versus a none penalty taker. One of the key differences last season seemed to be officials didn't give you as many penalties anyway so they may have wised up. As for Bruno.......

Wised up or Rashford has a shocker of a season so the outlet on the break that created the penalty situations never happened?
It’s a ridiculous argument. Scouts don’t count pens? well goal scoring charts count them and they count them for a reason. Kane is about to become the English all time goal scorer from mainly scoring pens.
what about Bruno? The 27 year old midfielder was almost 140 goals and over 100 assists?
That Bruno?

Last edited:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Yes. This here, from a thread about the 12 ESL clubs.

Thanks a lot. It will be interesting to see the figures of the 21-22 season, Barcelona already without Messi and Griezzman.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
ESR and Odegaard may never have 20 goals seasons. But neither have Zidane, Iniesta, de Bruyne… the list goes on. That’s a really odd way to judge players.
I love how you think I'm the crazy one and you're comparing Odegaard and ESR to Zidane, Iniesta and de Bruyne. :lol:

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
I love how you think I'm the crazy one and you're comparing Odegaard and ESR to Zidane, Iniesta and de Bruyne. :lol:
That's not even what he meant :lol:

It was pretty obvious the comparison he was making, how you've tried to make it something it's not is quite interesting.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Apparently for next season: (Annual)

Arsenal - £112m
Chelsea - £185m
Liverpool - £151m
City - £151m
United - £214m
Spurs - £115m

And this is considering we haven't sold anyone yet and have about 12 players to offload, so I expect that to balance out to £100m if we also make 1 or 2 more signings.
:lol:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Apparently for next season: (Annual)

Arsenal - £112m
Chelsea - £185m
Liverpool - £151m
City - £151m
United - £214m
Spurs - £115m

And this is considering we haven't sold anyone yet and have about 12 players to offload, so I expect that to balance out to £100m if we also make 1 or 2 more signings.

Greatest work of fiction since Dostoevsky.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
You've already done plenty of business?
If we manage to shift those 5/6 "unwanted" players, i wouldnt be shocked to see 2 more incomings: RW and another CM. Gakpo/Tielemans are probably near the top for around 60/65M.
It would make it an amazing transfer window but even if we stop here and just sell Leno/Bellerin we should be fine until the WC.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
You've already done plenty of business?
Think Edu & Arteta have both said they'd like 1 or 2 more. We did bid for Raphinha so we obviously want a wide player.

As @awop says though, we've got about 6 or 7 we need to get rid off. Leno, Bellerin, Mari, Tavares, Torriera, Maitland-Niles and ideally Pepe we need solutions for. Maybe even Nelson as well.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal

Greatest work of fiction since Dostoevsky.
Do you think I just made those numbers up? :lol: Some of you post strange things.

I literally had a full discussion with someone straight after and posted where they came from.

And as I said, anyone here please feel free to look at the United ones and tell me which ones stand out as being vastly incorrect.

I appreciate they don't include everything, but I imagine they ratio up even if the final number is more.

Blood Mage

Fair play to them, they look decent and Jesus is already looking like a great signing. I don't fancy our chances of getting anywhere near them this season unless we sign FDJ and Antony. The competition for the top 5 is insanely tough at this point, never mind the top 4.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
Fair play to them, they look decent and Jesus is already looking like a great signing. I don't fancy our chances of getting anywhere near them this season unless we sign FDJ and Antony. The competition for the top 5 is insanely tough at this point, never mind the top 4.
I think this is gonna be a great season.

If you get FDJ and Anthony, it completely changes the complexion of your team. Chelsea are still on the market. We want to add more as well. I hope we do because we now have decent cover for everyone apart from Partey. Our 4-3-3 is still far too reliant on a player who may be potentially be unavailable due to his patchy fitness record since joining us and... other reasons.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Looks like the Arsenal fans are well and truly locked into the Arteta process now. They really are a fickle bunch of flip flops. I bet they'll be losing their shit again before the World Cup kicks in.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Looks like the Arsenal fans are well and truly locked into the Arteta process now. They really are a fickle bunch of flip flops. I bet they'll be losing their shit again before the World Cup kicks in.
Yes we truly are locked into the Arteta process now. We really are a fickle bunch of flip flops too. I bet you will win your bet and earn a lot of money.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Yes we truly are locked into the Arteta process now. We really are a fickle bunch of flip flops too. I bet you will win your bet and earn a lot of money.
I'm counting on it. I do love me an Arsenal meltdown. Nobody does it better than them.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
I'm counting on it. I do love me an Arsenal meltdown. Nobody does it better than them.
Keep counting on it. Who doesn't love it ? We are the best at it.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Im sure that you are. They say misery loves company and you’re due for more this season. We could start a company and make misery. Frustrated incorporated.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Nah our misery years are over, sorry Mastadon :devil:

Also :lol: @Nish115 who thinks we're paying almost 70m more in wages than City! Seriously...
For the 10th time, please feel free to prove me otherwise with more details on your first team wages.

Oh wait. Nobody is taking me up on it because they can't.

City have 1/3 less the players than you do. You pay just as high wages as City. Do the maths.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
For the 10th time, please feel free to prove me otherwise with more details on your first team wages.

City have 1/3 less the players than you do. You pay just as high wages as City. Do the maths.
Nobody challenged you? Do you have memory issues?

I told you in the very first post to check official reported wages from financial report, not some tinpot shit site.

You said which player wages is wrong and I told you why reported wages for players is shit way to come up with total wages as there is a big difference in how wages are reported by media for different clubs.

2 days later you are repeating the same thing.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Im sure that you are. They say misery loves company and you’re due for more this season. We could start a company and make misery. Frustrated incorporated.
Don't ever put us on a par with your sorry lot. Arsenal are next level shit, probably only equalled by Spurs but they seem to be getting it together for now. Arsenal must have the most fans from any club on the YouTube grift hustling from the misery they've suffered for decades.

Last season for United was an anomaly. That won't be happening any time soon under ten Hag. Like I said it will be 'Arteta Out'....again come the World Cup.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

You got comprehensively schooled on that point by a number of posters, what, 2 pages ago? :lol: surprised you're still going on about that point.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Nobody challenged you? Do you have memory issues?

I told you in the very first post to check official reported wages from financial report, not some tinpot shit site.

You said which player wages is wrong and I told you why reported wages for players is shit way to come up with total wages as there is a big difference in how wages are reported by media for different clubs.

2 days later you are repeating the same thing.
I'm not repeating it, i'm saying why I posted it in the first place because someone mocked :lol:

I already told you my opinion for financial reports after I looked into it when you mentioned it. The financial report for United is for almost 1000 employees, whereas the first team mens squad is 30 people. I am fully aware that the first team contribute to a large amount of the total, but considering my point was about first team wages and transfer fees, i'd rather not look at a number which is given for 950 other people of which we have 0 clue how it's broken down or where it goes.

And again, you are just completely ignoring the fact where I said multiple times I understand the actual numbers might vary, but I imagine the ratio is similar. It isn't that strange to assume United, who have 10 more first team players than City including the likes of Ronaldo, Sancho, de Gea, Varane, Bruno, Martial, Rashford who are on big wages, have a higher first team wage than City.

You are also ignoring the fact i'm looking more at next seasons potential values which isn't attainable as the reports aren't out yet so for now i'm using the information I have.

Last edited:

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
You got comprehensively schooled on that point by a number of posters, what, 2 pages ago? :lol: surprised you're still going on about that point.
I'm not going on about it, people quoted it several times so I replied back, I swear people can't read :lol: Number of posters? It was 1 conversation with 1 person. The rest of them just posted emojies with 0 input to the discussion.

And again, i've looked and read the financial reports. That's fine if people want to use them, but they include numbers for a great number more people, of which none of us have a single clue how they're broken down.