Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Obviously bigger tests will come but they look annoyingly good so far.

Chief123

How good does Saliba look! They’ve got a real gem on their hands. Looking their best defender already. He looks like he’s going to be smashing it for a long time. Only 21 years old. Mental.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Whether they get top four or not, their improvement is a good comparison for us.

From 8th in Arteta's first full season to 5th last season to wherever this season. And along the way changing goalkeeper, changing captain and losing their star CF who was acting up.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Another of the many things I have gotten right on here and many others in this forum gas gotten wrong. I always questioned why the likes of Arteta wasn't rated on here before, but I guess it is because not many has the insight I have on this forum.

Arteta is doing an exceptional job and I can list about 100 people on here who taught he wouldn't do well. The way, he turned Arsenal around is exactly how Pochettino turned Spurs into consistent top four contenders. Even though the fixtures has been kind, I still expect them to put in a good fight against tougher opposition. This formula is exactly what we should be doing at United, but I guess we are trying a different path of continuing trying to spend our way into a title challenge.

Salwan

I have to admit, arsenal started regaining my respect in periods last season and I also came out impressed by Arteta after watching All or nothing: Arsenal.
you can clearly see a resemblance of a structure and strategy from their transfer business as well. unlike our clown club

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Another of the many things I have gotten right on here and many others in this forum gas gotten wrong. I always questioned why the likes of Arteta wasn't rated on here before, but I guess it is because not many has the insight I have on this forum.

Arteta is doing an exceptional job and I can list about 100 people on here who taught he wouldn't do well. The way, he turned Arsenal around is exactly how Pochettino turned Spurs into consistent top four contenders. Even though the fixtures has been kind, I still expect them to put in a good fight against tougher opposition. This formula is exactly what we should be doing at United, but I guess we are trying a different path of continuing trying to spend our way into a title challenge.
:lol:

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

I can never tell if you’re being sincere or trolling :lol:

Edit: Though I kind of agree that Arteta was treated harshly on this place, and a lot of the takes in this thread were bad

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

How good does Saliba look! They’ve got a real gem on their hands. Looking their best defender already. He looks like he’s going to be smashing it for a long time. Only 21 years old. Mental.
Called it months ago when I said he'd take 50m Ben whites spot. Crazy he had to threaten to leave to force his way into the team.

Sviken

"Exceptional job"? He's done absolutely nothing so far.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Called it months ago when I said he'd take 50m Ben whites spot. Crazy he had to threaten to leave to force his way into the team.
I mean, the Arsenal scouts that bought him for 30m at 18 years old really called it first. And 30m is not far off 50m. So it isn't as if Saliba wasn't rated.

JSArsenal

At least we're racking up points now before our usual November & February/March dips. I'd rather have a cushion in the race for top 4 than play catch up.

dbs235

"Exceptional job"? He's done absolutely nothing so far.
Exacty. He's finished 8th twice and 5th, and people are now going to be acting as if we should be copying Arsenal. Even if he finally finishes 4th this season, he'll have taken 4 seasons and an entire new team just to finish 4th once.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Exacty. He's finished 8th twice and 5th, and people are now going to be acting as if we should be copying Arsenal. Even if he finally finishes 4th this season, he'll have taken 4 seasons and an entire new team just to finish 4th once.
Goalposts change every season

Lincm

Supports
Arsenal
This is why I love Arsenal fans. They buy into the hype so quickly, which makes the eventual fall back down to earth so much more fun.
Piers morgan is not a good representation of Arsenal. He's not even a good representation of a decent person.

That aside, Arsenal is no where near challenging for the league. Should shut the feck up until we actually play City, pool or Chelsea.
personally, thought Arteta did a shit job in his first 1.5 years in charge.

but something started to change mid way last season. Heck, it was a train wreck at the start of last season, the mood was bad. Perhaps he's starting to change the corner. All i know is, things are much better then before because it was many years of buying crap players with no proper game plan. Many of them were happy to get paid high wages and not perform. Wenger seemed resigned to arsenal's fate of no progress. And it didn't change with Emery.

That's why arsenal fans are feeling more optimistic now. Cos it's clear to see a more positive team and atmosphere. So we can only hope it progresses.

Reactions: sizzling sausages

RedPed

Whatabouter.
This is why I love Arsenal fans. They buy into the hype so quickly, which makes the eventual fall back down to earth so much more fun.
The feckers couldn't stop singing their love for Super Mik Arteta today. They'll want him out come January.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers

You really are a God amongst men in the CAF.
Fantastic job :eek:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Piers morgan is not a good representation of Arsenal. He's not even a good representation of a decent person.

That aside, Arsenal is no where near challenging for the league. Should shut the feck up until we actually play City, pool or Chelsea.
personally, thought Arteta did a shit job in his first 1.5 years in charge.

but something started to change mid way last season. Heck, it was a train wreck at the start of last season, the mood was bad. Perhaps he's starting to change the corner. All i know is, things are much better then before because it was many years of buying crap players with no proper game plan. Many of them were happy to get paid high wages and not perform. Wenger seemed resigned to arsenal's fate of no progress. And it didn't change with Emery.

That's why arsenal fans are feeling more optimistic now. Cos it's clear to see a more positive team and atmosphere. So we can only hope it progresses.
I’ve just come from watching the game with a group of Arsenal fans. They were trying to convince me if you just sort out the right side, you could be title and CL contenders.

Arsenal are definitely in a good place. Despite the ridicule, Arteta has done a good job of constructing this squad.

Bwuk

Defence is still suspect. They’ve had a ideal set of fixtures but to be fair too them they’ve took 9/9 from it.

It’ll unravel soon.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
This is how they always get when they get a bit of wind. I despise Arsenal fans so much.
Nah. When arsenal win a game, Arteta is overrated. When Arsenal lose or draw a game, Arteta is needed to be sack. So just stick to Arteta out after every game.

Blood Mage

They're better than they have been for years, but I think that midfield is still really suspect and they'll unravel at some point. They have a good chance to finish in the top 4 at Chelsea's expense this season though.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
They're better than they have been for years, but I think that midfield is still really suspect and they'll unravel at some point. They have a good chance to finish in the top 4 at Chelsea's expense this season though.
Still early days of course, but I'm expecting Tottenham to be the ones who drop out. I think they're a good team with a great coach, and it's always massive having a duo like Kane and Son, but I think they lack the creativity of the others.

Conor

Arsenal beating teams they should beat, I know we're so bad that it seems alien, but it's nothing special at this point.

Blood Mage

Still early days of course, but I'm expecting Tottenham to be the ones who drop out. I think they're a good team with a great coach, and it's always massive having a duo like Kane and Son, but I think they lack the creativity of the others.
Chelsea can't score goals, maybe if they sign a good striker before the window closes I'll change my mind about them but they don't look like a top 4 side right now.

dbs235

Goalposts change every season
The point is more Arsenal are not what United should be copying, if we want to return to our past status. We had some of the best players in the world in every position, the same way City and Liverpool do now. If we started signing Ramsdale, White, Tomiyasu, etc and finished 5th, that absolutely isn't classed as success. Even finishing 4th would have been a shocking season back then. Like Keane said after his rant when we played Spurs a few years ago, we're just talking about getting into the top 4 never mind winning trophies. 4th shouldn't be good enough. And yes I'm aware that in United's current state, 4th is the best we can manage. But that isn't good enough.

AshRK

Fair play to him and the board for backing him. Long way to go but these 3 games are better than what his side ever produced in last 2 plus season.

dbs235

Arsenal beating teams they should beat, I know we're so bad that it seems alien, but it's nothing special at this point.
Exaclty. They once went a whole season unbeaten. Beating Bournemouth should be the bare minimum for any top 6 club. United would no doubt either lose or make hard work of winning. But lets hold off on the over the top praise for now. Edit - one thing I will praise Arteta for is that they've become very efficient at beating the smaller teams rather than having silly losses like they have done in recent years.