Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Be interesting to see what happens if he does win the PL. Could see him lured away to Barca or someone like that.

At any other top club he'd have been sacked long ago, so fair play to the Arsenal board for accepting mediocrity for a few seasons. It was fun watching them loitering around mid table for a while.
There was clearly progression behind the scenes that the board saw and bought into. That's effective planning, not the usual knee-jerkism you see from too many clubs that remain in the same place or regress

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Standing outside of the technical area, every throw in Shaw was taking standing right behind him shouting! Wtf was the 4th official watching f all I think. Eventually he gets yellow and still does it.
The guys a tool, he's watched Klopp Pep in there early days and he's doing the same, and whoever put the basin on his head to cut his hair should be applauded. Jose done that gets banned and fined. FA realy have to look at this twat and give him a red card.

I can see someone from the crowd at an away game getting really pissed off with him and something happening hope not but he will have only himself to blame...
I'm usually not that type of guy but all those spelling mistakes fit the overall stupidity of this post too well to not mention it. It's almost like a work of art, just in an antithetical way. It was probably by accident but it seems as if the author really did his best to make the composition of his work match its substantial idiocy. Hidden genius.

Hughie77

I'm usually not that type of guy but all those spelling mistakes fit the overall stupidity of this post too well to not mention it. It's almost like a work of art, just in an antithetical way. It was probably by accident but it seems as if the author really did his best to make the composition of his work match its substantial idiocy. Hidden genius.
Just goes to show you are that type of guy doesn't IT. Have a nice day nice guy.

AshRK

I have to say I was wrong about him. I really thought he had nothing about him and was in the same bracket as Ole and Frank, but I was very wrong. The football he has coached into this Arsenal team is mouthwatering.
Credit to arsenal board for backing him. He could have been easily sacked 4 or 5 times but they persisted and to be fair he has surprised me as well.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
If we are being pedantic, I don’t think he’s made any spelling mistakes.
Grammar and punctuation, I’ll give you.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The improvement under him this season is utterly bemusing. Given we don't have a chance, inspite of his weirdo antics, would be decent to see Arsenal win the league. Better than City at least. Then next season hope they sink a bit - enough of this being this good you feckers

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
If we are being pedantic, I don’t think he’s made any spelling mistakes.
Grammar and punctuation, I’ll give you.
That's the spirit! Admittedly, I thought the phrase was an umbrella term but strictly speaking the majority of mistakes aren't spelling mistakes. Still, there are a few:

Standing outside of the technical area, every throw in Shaw was taking standing right behind him shouting! Wtf was the 4th official watching f all I think. Eventually he gets yellow and still does it.
The guys a tool, he's watched Klopp Pep in there their early days and he's doing the same, and whoever put the basin on his head to cut his hair should be applauded. Jose done that gets banned and fined. FA realy really have to look at this twat and give him a red card.

I can see someone from the crowd at an away game getting really pissed off with him and something happening hope not but he will have only himself to blame...

BlueHaze

Stay classy always, Redcafe.
Honestly this forum and all it's faults has more class than your obnoxious little cnut of a manager. The way he behaves on the sideline is like something I've never seen.

Could legitimately think he was 15, he needs to cut that pathetic stuff out...

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The improvement under him this season is utterly bemusing. Given we don't have a chance, inspite of his weirdo antics, would be decent to see Arsenal win the league. Better than City at least. Then next season hope they sink a bit - enough of this being this good you feckers
They'll get slowly picked apart over the coming seasons with the top players most likely moving onto greener pastures. Liverpool, Chelsea, City and hopefully us will be better next season.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
He’s done a very good job at Arsenal and I honestly would rather see Arsenal at the top over Liverpool/City/Chelsea if United are not the ones at the top. However he’s probably the most annoying manager on the touchline that I’ve ever seen. And that’s saying something considering we have managers like Klopp, Lopetegui etc.

Zen86

He’s done a very good job at Arsenal and I honestly would rather see Arsenal at the top over Liverpool/City/Chelsea if United are not the ones at the top. However he’s probably the most annoying manager on the touchline that I’ve ever seen. And that’s saying something considering we have managers like Klopp, Lopetegui etc.
That's generally been my line as well, although they're starting to test me quite a bit lately.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
He is and I can absolutely see why rival fans dislike Arteta. It's a bit rich of fans of the club which employs Bruno Fernandes to be this annoyed about Arteta's behaviour though
:lol: Fair

Hughie77

You really hold a mirror up to me. Admit it, that was your attention all along!
I'd drop it on your head sunshine if I was holding it, won't miss because it's probably massive, and square like Artetas bad hair day.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
They'll get slowly picked apart over the coming seasons with the top players most likely moving onto greener pastures.
Keeping your best player in a club with less resource is always difficult. On the other hand PSG had no problem to get Mbappe to sign a new contract even he could walk for free to Real Madrid.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Keeping your best player in a club with less resource is always difficult. On the other hand PSG had no problem to get Mbappe to sign a new contract even he could walk for free to Real Madrid.
Would you be willing to give Saka a say in club decisions to get him to stay?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I am not Edu. That is his job. I just enjoy the ride while it lasts. Seems like Top 4 is probably secure this season so I am pretty relax.

Player comes and goes.

Woziak

They wont need to, he’s a good down to earth young man that doesn’t think the team and the world revolve around him, like I said players like him and Rashford are making England become a likeable team again especially given the adversity they have both come through after the Euro Final.

mathrait

Supports
Arsenal
They'll get slowly picked apart over the coming seasons with the top players most likely moving onto greener pastures. Liverpool, Chelsea, City and hopefully us will be better next season.
It's not 2009 anymore. Tottenham have managed to keep Kane and Son despite being skint and trophyless. Arsenal have shown they have the money to spend now and they look like they'll be competitive over the next few years.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
That's the spirit! Admittedly, I thought the phrase was an umbrella term but strictly speaking the majority of mistakes aren't spelling mistakes. Still, there are a few:
Ha ha! Thanks.

Point of order though. Is putting ‘their’ instead of ‘there’ a spelling mistake or another kind of error?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Ha ha! Thanks.

Point of order though. Is putting ‘their’ instead of ‘there’ a spelling mistake or another kind of error?
Not sure but I mean, he literally misspelt the word, didn't he? I'd say whether he did so because he used the wrong word or for another reason, the result is the same.

I'd drop it on your head sunshine if I was holding it, won't miss because it's probably massive, and square like Artetas bad hair day.
The way you obsess over Arteta's hair and his sideline antics, one might think you're actually Erik ten Hag

"Stupid Mikel leaving his coaching zone with his thick hair. No way Pep or I would get away with this!"

Would explain why Klopp got himself a hair transplantation as well.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
I'd luv a few seasons of competing with and hating you again, luv it.

Gavinb33

Can just one ref tell him and others to stay in there technical area for fecks sake.

It was seriously pissing me off yesterday he is always outside it and sometimes it's interfering with taking a throw or there was a bit when the ball was going out too where he looked like he was about to get involved before it went out

Hughie77

Not sure but I mean, he literally misspelt the word, didn't he? I'd say whether he did so because he used the wrong word or for another reason, the result is the same.

The way you obsess over Arteta's hair and his sideline antics, one might think you're actually Erik ten Hag

"Stupid Mikel leaving his coaching zone with his thick hair. No way Pep or I would get away with this!"

Would explain why Klopp got himself a hair transplantation as well.
Klopp got new gnashers as well. That's next for The Spanish waiter.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Add me to the camp that find Arteta intensely irritating. Arsenal's fans won't care a jot, and why should they, but it's at best poor sportsmanship and he's the main reason why I hope City beat you to the title, despite the fact that I always root against the sugar daddy clubs.

Ironically, even though he is instrumental in the rise of this team, I also believe that he is the biggest threat to them not winning the title this season. It feels like he has created a very intense pressure cooker environment there, and his composure often seems to be on a knife edge. He behaved quite badly in the Newcastle draw and similarly so yesterday, and this is with everything going well. When those setbacks do happen I can see his attitude starting to have a negative effect on the team.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yeah, he's feckin' irritating.

I will gladly admit that part (and not a small part) has to do with the fact that he's doing so well, and (which is irritating as feck in itself) much better than I personally had imagined.

But he is objectively rather irritating.

By which I mean that I can easily imagine that someone who has no dog in the fight whatsoever (someone who isn't a fan of any rival teams and/or hasn't made any predictions about his stint as Arsenal manager) might find him annoying.

Or - if you will - I can imagine a perfectly neutral fan finding him somewhat (or even decidedly) annoying even if said person is perfectly fine with Arsenal doing well.

Crimson King

I will gladly admit that part (and not a small part) has to do with the fact that he's doing so well, and (which is irritating as feck in itself) much better than I personally had imagined.

By which I mean that I can easily imagine that someone who has no dog in the fight whatsoever (someone who isn't a fan of any rival teams and/or hasn't made any predictions about his stint as Arsenal manager) might find him annoying.

Or - if you will - I can imagine a perfectly neutral fan finding him somewhat (or even decidedly) annoying even if said person is perfectly fine with Arsenal doing well.
He perfectly represents Arsenal's fanbase. It's a huge generalisation, I know, but in my experience Arsenal fans are by far the biggest bellends you'll ever meet. I've known all sorts throughout my life, Liverpool, Leeds, Newcastle (never a City fan though, funnily enough) and Arsenal fans are just so fecking annoying. There's just something about that club that attracts loud mouth dickheads.

Hammondo

Honestly this forum and all it's faults has more class than your obnoxious little cnut of a manager. The way he behaves on the sideline is like something I've never seen.

Could legitimately think he was 15, he needs to cut that pathetic stuff out...
You need to grow up a little bit.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal

Neutrals don't give a feck about these things, I'd say. Can see how a direct rivals supporters might get annoyed and that's quite amusing in itself.

Trying to think back - Conte is probably almost exactly the same when it comes to touchline theatrics but I've rarely gone beyond being bemused. And stuff like the tiff with Tuchel was just really funny to watch.

Mourinho, on the other hand, was a dirty no good scrote, and you couldn't help but hate him.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
His antics is not what bothers people. What really bothers them is the job he is doing at Arsenal. 'Lego Pep' was never supposed to have Arsenal beyond a team that plays attractive football and would challenge 4th spot and compete for the FA Cup, but nothing beyond that. The fact he has built the current Arsenal into what it is, bothers a lot of people.

8th, 8th, 5th, then BAM. Who knows what will happen at seasons end. But I know every rival fans now sees Arsenal, and especially Arteta in a different light.