awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal

It's weird how every manager seems to be insulting him after a defeat. :wenger:

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
This guy said the same thing about Pep....and there was another one too...maybe a Chelsea manager of some sort?

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal

It's weird how every manager seems to be insulting him after a defeat. :wenger:
Was just thinking back on this, thanks for posting that. I seem to remember this guy doing the same thing. And there was more than just Pep...pretty sure.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Was just thinking back on this, thanks for posting that. I seem to remember this guy doing the same thing. And there was more than just Pep...pretty sure.
Pep, Tuchel, Arteta. PL managers are mean... He also spat on an opponent, insulted a referee as a player and got a 1 month ban not so long ago for refusing to leave the field after getting shown a red card. Conceicao managing Arsenal would make Redcafe's servers explode.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I said something similar to this on here in 2007 and (rightly) got flamed

Bumping so this gets the ire it deserves
Never knew you supported them that long ago, I thought it was more of a Pep thing for you. Fair play

YikesSchmeics

He has absolutely no class and is constantly in a jumped up state so very likely this is true.

ArtetasHair

Supports
Arsenal
Really taken to your new role as United fan hanger-on and forum shit stirrer.
@WeePat spends most of his time here insulting Arsenal instead of talking about Chelsea so its not a surprise. Porto's manager is a drama queen and he says this to anyone anytime he loses. If was ever managing Arsenal people would lose their sh1t.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Was this guy this big a douche during his playing days? I remember him as your run of the mill Arsenal pussy during his time with them. This hard man act all started with his managerial stint, right? What is it? The Pep effect? Or is this his alter ego finally presenting itself?

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
Don’t believe the accusations based on history. Sure Arteta is a bit jumpy, but I can’t see him disrespecting someone’s family?

Porto manager also accused Tuchel and Pep by the way.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Don’t believe the accusations based on history. Sure Arteta is a bit jumpy, but I can’t see him disrespecting someone’s family?

I'm not sure what level of abuse you're used to on a football pitch but some random things about someone's family, mother, sister are probably the bare minimum.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I'm not sure what level of abuse you're used to on a football pitch but some random things about someone's family, mother, sister are probably the bare minimum.
So it is true?

Yeah, they're both weirdos too.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
So it is true?

Yeah, they're both weirdos too.
Wouldn't put it past him to say something stupid when he's bouncing around like a popcorn on the side. That said, I'm sure most managers have heard/said something stupid and didn't go running to the media like little fairies.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Wouldn't put it past him to say something stupid when he's bouncing around like a popcorn on the side. That said, I'm sure most managers have heard/said something stupid and didn't go running to the media like little fairies.
"Like a popcorn" :lol:

Not as big a fan of the "little fairies" part though. Useless rhetoric.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Never knew you supported them that long ago, I thought it was more of a Pep thing for you. Fair play
I didn't! And don't!

This was me being very green to the traditions of English/European sawker, wondering why you would have such animosity between teams from the same city. If the Knicks and Nets can get together, and root for each other's teams against opponents from outside, why not...

Again, very green

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
I didn't!

This was me being very green to the traditions of English/European sawker, wondering why you would have such animosity between teams from the same city. If the Knicks and Nets can get together, and root for each other's teams against opponents from outside, why not...

Again, very green
Mate, between you and kouroux, you definitely make up 100% an Arsenal fan. I've observed you two long enough on here.

tomaldinho1

It just seems so random:

Conceicao: 'Hey that was a bad tackle'
Arteta: 'Shut up'
Conceicao: 'Feck you'
Arteta: 'Feck your family'
Concaicao: 'That's horrible Mikel, my abuela is dead'

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Arteta is a fecking scumbag! That cnut and their fans make what should be a very easy choice in hoping they win league very difficult.
Very very hard....it sometimes makes you ponder, will it be so bad if Liverpool equal our record or City win it for the 4th time in a row, until you snap out of it.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
It's pretty likely Conceição is making this up and/or misunderstood something. He is a major grade A cnut and that is some of his appeal I guess. I was surprised he didn't try to get a red card yesterday :lol:

That said it's awesome to watch him lash out at "holier than thou" characters.
In the first leg when Arteta complained we didn't want to play he said "They wanted to play, we wanted to win".
Some years ago we played City and in Dragão we drew 0-0. Pep came out mad saying we only wanted to defend and Conceição's answer was "I would be mad too if I couldn't score a single goal after spending all that money".

I guess we need to keep these characters in football to have some sort of balance or something :lol:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Mate, between you and kouroux, you definitely make up 100% an Arsenal fan. I've observed you two long enough on here.
My brother is one. He made a post yesterday about finding his way to London by hook or crook if/when Arsenal make it to the final. I don't know how to gently inform him the chances of that happening...

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
It just seems so random:

Conceicao: 'Hey that was a bad tackle'
Arteta: 'Shut up'
Conceicao: 'Feck you'
Arteta: 'Feck your family'
Concaicao: 'That's horrible Mikel, my abuela is dead'
I don't know, it could work if he said something like "if you weren't such a time waster maybe you'd have made it to your mum's funeral"

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Conceição is not good in anger management, so you must take his words with a pinch of salt. He's much better now, a few years ago he would probably be assaulting Arteta.

SER19

He really is an insufferable wanker. Gets away with murder. My silver lining, as i said elsewhere, is that should arsenal manage to win the league and prevent Liverpool and City, I have absolutely no belief that Arsenal or Arteta would maintain their success. I think they could win one and go another decade without one. If they win it they deserve it of course, but there's always outliers now and then, and I just don't think Arsenal have a spell of dominance in them

Mike Smalling

He really is an insufferable wanker. Gets away with murder. My silver lining, as i said elsewhere, is that should arsenal manage to win the league and prevent Liverpool and City, I have absolutely no belief that Arsenal or Arteta would maintain their success. I think they could win one and go another decade without one. If they win it they deserve it of course, but there's always outliers now and then, and I just don't think Arsenal have a spell of dominance in them
I'm curious, what do you base this on? Arsenal have a pretty young squad with several of their key players entering their prime. Rice, Ødegaard, Saka, Martinelli, Saliba, and Gabriel Magalhaes all have at least five years left at their highest level, barring injury. Meanwhile, Liverpool are losing Klopp, and City will eventually lose Pep too, while Chelsea and Man United are scrambling to find any kind of consistency.

I think Arteta is the ultimate tool, but I'd be extremely optimistic about the future as an Arsenal fan.

SER19

I'm curious, what do you base this on? Arsenal have a pretty young squad with several of their key players entering their prime. Rice, Ødegaard, Saka, Martinelli, Saliba, and Gabriel Magalhaes all have at least five years left at their highest level, barring injury. Meanwhile, Liverpool are losing Klopp, and City will eventually lose Pep too, while Chelsea and Man United are scrambling to find any kind of consistency.

I think Arteta is the ultimate tool, but I'd be extremely optimistic about the future as an Arsenal fan.
Everything you say is correct and I may be terribly wrong. I suspect that I'm biased by years of Arsenal managing to fail, and lets say they get pipped this season in heartbreaking fashion - for all their work, they still havent won anything. That would be a massive blow and shows how fine the margins are. So despite all the promise you mention, they still have to fully deliver which is an enormous challenge, and then build on it, which is even harder. Again, they may prove me fully wrong, but I just don't see it. I think they're performing very well as a team, but alot of the guys you mention arent neccesarily very top talents and may struggle should the manager change (for barca for example) or to any change in balance or adversity in injuries and so on. They strike me as a team that needs everything to go right for them to hit top level.

Mike Smalling

Everything you say is correct and I may be terribly wrong. I suspect that I'm biased by years of Arsenal managing to fail, and lets say they get pipped this season in heartbreaking fashion - for all their work, they still havent won anything. That would be a massive blow and shows how fine the margins are. So despite all the promise you mention, they still have to fully deliver which is an enormous challenge, and then build on it, which is even harder. Again, they may prove me fully wrong, but I just don't see it. I think they're performing very well as a team, but alot of the guys you mention arent neccesarily very top talents and may struggle should the manager change (for barca for example) or to any change in balance or adversity in injuries and so on. They strike me as a team that needs everything to go right for them to hit top level.
True, I think City and Liverpool in their current forms are much more resilient to injuries that Arsenal are. Their game at the Etihad after the international break will be very telling of where they are in their progress. If they get smoked like last year, that could be a real blow.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

People were talking in a similar way about Spurs under Pochettino after a couple of "title races" and the run to the CL final, then the wheels came off completely.

Even Klopp's Liverpool found themselves scrambling for a CL spot the year after winning the title, and finishing fifth last season.

It could obviously go either way, but it's not like it's complete conjecture to think they won't amount to too much based on the respective records of Arteta as a manager and Arsenal as a club.