Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Maybe not in 2016/17 when Monaco beat them in Pep's first year. The other 3 seasons they were probably already the best team on the planet, they just managed to mess it up for themselves.
So they weren't the best team at all by the only metric that actually matters in football - winning and losing.

Egalitard

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah football is a low-scoring sport and the fact that the best team doesn't always win is basically the reason it's so exciting and we all love it.

tomaldinho1

Why are people arguing about who is better between Pool and Arsenal. Surely this just resets every season? This season they are very close but obviously Arsenal are in a better cup comp. Be interesting to see who comes out on top.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
Why are people arguing about who is better between Pool and Arsenal. Surely this just resets every season? This season they are very close but obviously Arsenal are in a better cup comp. Be interesting to see who comes out on top.
I think that's why a few Arsenal fans are a little confused. Saying Arsenal are currently one of the best teams in Europe isn't a particularly controversial opinion. We're one of the best teams in one of (if not, the) best leagues in Europe. It's simply a statement of how well we're playing this season.

This wasn’t the case two years ago. It may very well not be the case in two years time. But there are very few teams in Europe who performing better than us at present.

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

I think that's why a few Arsenal fans are a little confused. Saying Arsenal are currently one of the best teams in Europe isn't a particularly controversial opinion. We're one of the best teams in one of (if not, the) best leagues in Europe. It's simply a statement of how well we're playing this season.

This wasn’t the case two years ago. It may very well not be the case in two years time. But there are very few teams in Europe who performing better than us at present.
Yeah exactly. You're in the hunt for the 2 big trophies, as long as you can draw that out you remain the conversation for being amongst the best. If you can win one or both, you can argue that you are.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Shortest conversation ever :lol:
3 clubs could realistically afford him and Arsenal are nowhere near that list
My Arsenal mates tried to convince me Mbappe wouldn’t get in ahead of Martinelli last summer :lol:

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Was out thought tonight. We looked to lack a bit of intensity. Gotta make up for it at the Emirates.

berbasloth4

If Arsenal where to go out of champions league I believe it might be blessing in disguise in running for league.

I believe their squad is not strong enough for both competitions and could see that tonight.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Their fans actually had #prayforPorto trending on X as they believed they were gonna steamroll them in this match.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Their fans actually had #prayforPorto trending on X as they believed they were gonna steamroll them in this match.
Sheer arrogance by some fans thinking we'd go there and blow Porto away. You'd think by now they'd realise European football is very different to domestic football, and we've not exactly got the pedigree to back it up either.

Probably a nice soberer for those fans.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Do we need them to at least do a little bit better in the CL to help us get CL by finishing 5th?
Maybe but England will still have the favorites in all three comps (115 charges, dippers and Villa) plus dark horses like Brighton and Hammers. So should have enough firepower for top 2 regardless.

Ideally they win the return leg on the night but lose on pens. That counts as a win on the coefficients.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
By the sounds of it, they were on the end of some Sevilla-esque shithousery.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
By the sounds of it, they were on the end of some Sevilla-esque shithousery.
Was a frustrating night but no real excuses. They were well organised, played with good intensity, stopped us from creating anything of note and were a threat a good couple of times when they broke. They seemed to go down a bit easily when we tried to match them physically, but i've no real complaints.

I expect similar vs Newcastle at the weekend actually, it felt like that type of game, i'm sure you guys know what i mean when i say that.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Was a frustrating night but no real excuses. They were well organised, played with good intensity, stopped us from creating anything of note and were a threat a good couple of times when they broke. They seemed to go down a bit easily when we tried to match them physically, but i've no real complaints.

I expect similar vs Newcastle at the weekend actually, it felt like that type of game, i'm sure you guys know what i mean when i say that.
From what I’ve seen they were extremely good at nullifying you from set pieces which you’ve had a lot of joy from this season, their manager seems fantastic when he’s the underdog.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
From what I’ve seen they were extremely good at nullifying you from set pieces which you’ve had a lot of joy from this season, their manager seems fantastic when he’s the underdog.
Yeah, we had 1 or 2 headers which i think Saliba and Havertz should have done better with, but they defended them really well in general. Lots of marking tight, some holding, bodies tumbling at nearly every set piece, but that's not a criticism, they coped well physically.

I didn't know much about them at all but did hear beforehand they had one of the better defensive records. We let ourselves down with the goal conceded right at the end though, that was so avoidable.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Apparently the translation is; "During the game, Arteta turned to our bench in Spanish and insulted my family, and at the end I told him that whom he insulted is no longer with us. He should worry about training his team, which has plenty of quality to play more."

Someone just deck this cnut.

JogaBonitoRooney

I like the current Arsenal team but this guy is so annoying. What's he whining about the disallowed goal for? It was a foul.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Apparently the translation is; "During the game, Arteta turned to our bench in Spanish and insulted my family, and at the end I told him that whom he insulted is no longer with us. He should worry about training his team, which has plenty of quality to play more."

Someone just deck this cnut.
That Conceiao is hardly a shrinking violet, guy is making Simeone seem calm and pleasant. He and his players have been having digs at Arsenal since the first leg. He was never taking any defeat lightly that’s for sure.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
So Arteta is a cnut. What does anyone expect? Vieira was a lil bitch who was scared of Keane, Fabregas was a diving, pizza throwing twat, Wenger was a moaning twat who is finding new ways to ruin football at FIFA. Keown was a neanderthal looking dumbfeck who thought he was tough but couldn't do feck all on the pitch, like the footballing equivalent of a BNP politician. Henry gets a pass because he's class, but he was an exception to the rule. And even then, I'm sure the Irish supporters have something to say about him.

Arsenal. The clue is in the name.

Baichung Bhutia

Supports
Arsenal
So Arteta is a cnut. What does anyone expect? Vieira was a lil bitch who was scared of Keane, Fabregas was a diving, pizza throwing twat, Wenger was a moaning twat who is finding new ways to ruin football at FIFA. Keown was a neanderthal looking dumbfeck who thought he was tough but couldn't do feck all on the pitch, like the footballing equivalent of a BNP politician. Henry gets a pass because he's class, but he was an exception to the rule. And even then, I'm sure the Irish supporters have something to say about him.

Arsenal. The clue is in the name.
Not everyone can aspire to be like the United captain. What an inspiration.

wr8_utd

:'(
Arsenal and their fans are enough to make you want City to win the title. Despicable bunch all of them.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal and their fans are enough to make you want City to win the title. Despicable bunch all of them.
I don't mind United fans cheer for city to win the league and CL at all. That's the spirit. At least the trophies stay in Manchester.