Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

Web of Bissaka

He lost the dressing, he’s done if it’s true. When was a manager ever success when they lost the dressing room? None.

The main reason why Ole always bounce back after defeat is because he never lose the dressing room, players care, they like him and believe in him. It‘s down to manager to manage them properly.

I have said it before, Arteta has been so poor in managing his players and his squad. The way how he handled Guendouzi, Saliba, maybe Ozil and others are shocking. No players are improving under Arteta either, they were the same under Emery and some got worse like Lacazatte for example.
Woah easy there. I completely agree not losing the dressing room is important.

Do you really think the players like Ole? (they do because Ole doesn't give them pressure IMO) but more so, do they really believe in him? Of course you do.
Maybe they bounced back each time because of their ego and pride after defeats hence next games is their chances to reclaim back their fragile egos and reputations, and thus not because of Ole...?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He’s gotta go. But worrying thing for Arsenal is I don’t think there’s any manager out there who can sort the current mess the club is in. Combined with the fact that they barely have any money to spend, I can’t see what they’re going to do

JoseSpur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Arteta is in the position he's in because he was appointed on the cheap as a yes man for the board. He convinced players to take a pay cut to keep staff on furlough and then publicly criticised them for being upset when 55 staff were laid off anyway. If I was a player why would I respect the guy? Made a rod for his back by not even registering Ozil in the squad and then having to rely on spamming crosses out wide instead of creating anything through the middle for their star striker who thrives off through balls but can't score with his head.

Yes Arsenal have egos in the team but he's a terrible man manager.

littleman

I think Poch would be a great choice for Arsenal. I'd like to see him back and keep the competition more interesting.

lex talionis

I'm not an Arsenal, but if I were I'd have to urge that the club sack Arteta and go with Allegri, who apparently relishes the challenge of managing a top (no jokes please) PL club.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Do you really think the players like Ole? (they do because Ole doesn't give them pressure IMO) but more so, do they really believe in him? Of course you do.
Maybe they bounced back each time because of their ego and pride after defeats hence next games is their chances to reclaim back their fragile egos and reputations, and thus not because of Ole...?
Mate, after the west ham game, Bruno posted in his social media ‘’trust the process’’. And he is technically United vice captain, captain and vice captain are also representing the whole team because they will be the most influenced players in the dressing room. It tells you enough that players really want to play for the manager and believe in him.

You need to remember majority our players right now are still the same players as when Mourinho lost the dressing room. Those same players didn’t have the same ego and pride when under Mourinho. Why is that? End of the day it’s down to manager as well whether you can manage his players and any type of players, part of man management skills.

UncleBob

What makes you suggest Ole doesn't put pressure on the players?

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
It's becoming embarassing. I know Arsenal is not a title challenger but have enough squad to be a top 6 team. This makes Mourinho worst seasons look good.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
When Mourinho had Chelsea languishing in 16th place he was sacked on 17th Dec albeit we had played 16 games at that point. Arsenal can't allow the slide to just go on and on. Unai Emery was sacked 29th Nov.

Last edited:

TheLord

Arteta will be the first manager sacked in the PL this season. I’ve never seen them in utter shambles. And I wasn’t born in 1912/13.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can't wait to see which club take on this elite manager next. Bayern? Juventus? Real Madrid?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Even if they wanted to sack him, they cant do it till after the Christmas period. Its just too difficult to insert a new manager in that difficult run of games. You don't want a new manager to kick off with a bunch of losses -- it will be too much for him, the fans and more importantly the players.

The problem for the board is that if you leave Arteta in, and based on the current form, they will be hovering in the relegation zone and the hole may just be too deep to dig out for any new manager.

My suggestion for a new manager who is comfortable at this end of the table -- Eddie Howe. Knows how to work within a small budget too and with bang average players.

Jibbs

We will rue this time when Arsenal will sack Arteta and appoint Poch.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I see Arsenal as a cautionary tale for UTD...
Being content with top 4 and casually dropping standards until you get happy you even make EL...
There is a difference. You can see what the board and Ole are trying to do. Whether he is successful doing it is up for debate in a couple of years time. Lower the age profile, get rid of the deadwood and layer by layer build a team that can fight on multiple fronts with different styles.

Arteta and the Arsenal board was just doing band-aid solutions -- it's clear they are on a very very tight budget. As a result they can afford only one major pe summer window -- and the rest are short term bandaid solutions, ageing/experienced out of contract players. Its a much bigger risks.

Gasolin

You would be crazy to believe the like of Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Bruno, Fred, Scott, Maguire, Shaw, AWB, even Lindelof, VdB, Cavani, don’t like Ole?!? If anything, they have proven time and time that they care about him.

Pogba is the only question mark and even him as never tooled down during training. It’s not an ego thing, it’s a clear sign they buy into the vision we have for the game. All the new recruits talk about discussing before hand with Ole. And they bought it. Whatever he’s telling them, he’s selling a vision that excites them.

If what you said was true, LVG or Jose would never have lost the dressing room, and Moyes would have kept winning. Obviously not true. So let’s not change the narrative just because it’s impossible for you to imagine that Ole has football ideas that is deemed great by the players.

beycont

He's ITK of course.

An outsider surely will not know the feelings of the players towards their manager as well the going-ons in the dressing room. No other explanation other than the fact that he is intimate with some of the players or coaching team.

Can't be speculation or just one's own feelings, that would be crazy!

Gasolin

He's ITK of course.

An outsider surely will not know the feelings of the players towards their manager as well the going-ons in the dressing room. No other explanation other than the fact that he is intimate with some of the players or coaching team.

Can't be speculation or just one's own feelings, that would be crazy!
Ok who’s the ITK then? @Web of Bissaka let us know? Maybe we will finally understand where all of those things are coming from?

Halftrack

Seems to be a common thing, where Ole's career-long "nice guy" image means he's a smiling moron who just pats everyone on their heads and tells them "good job" regardless of how we do.

sport2793

He probably would be sacked if he does not turn it around in the next month. I really do not know how we lost to him?
He's good at setting up his team to park and they nicked a pen against us. Their issue is that they both can't break teams down and are also not very threatening on the counter. A recipe for disaster in the league but might win knockout matches against superior teams if the other team makes mistakes.

sport2793

If that was true then Mourinho would still be here.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I think he has shown his managerial inexperience. The 'Iron fist' approach doesn't work, he needs the "silk glove". He has alienated the squad instead of uniting them. The Ozil thing, the Pepe thing, the Luis doppleganger thing. He comes accross as way too serious and petty. Lower leagues are calling!

Last edited:

Gasolin

He probably would be sacked if he does not turn it around in the next month. I really do not know how we lost to him?
I think we have been complacent and paid the price, something the team will have to learn, again. I know it's a lot of stuff that team needs to learn but hopefully, this is the learning curve and next season, we don't do the same mistakes. Hell, starting now even.

And even with all our complacency, a draw was there. The Pogba foul was a bit out of nowhere. It might have surprised him too.

Gasolin

I mean I know there's a not a lot he can say in their current circumstances but his interviews are just the worst
What is he supposed to say though? Those interviews are the worst because we ask people who are in a bad shape to comment on their bad shape.
In a normal world, that should never happen. But we live now in a world where we want to sensationalize everything, and so, everyone bar Arsenal fans are having a fun at them.

And this journalist knows exactly that.
And maybe he disagrees with it. But still, he has to do it, it's the job, it's what creates the "drama", and the attention, and the popularity of the league. So we will keep doing it.

But there's not much Arteta can say. In fact, anything he does, by speaking or not speaking, would create some sort of drama and meme in this context.

DRM

How in the name of all that is holy did we lose to this shower of shite??!

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Im convinced something going on behind the scenes, they cannot be this bad, even if they are out of form.

Gasolin

Im convinced something going on behind the scenes, they cannot be this bad, even if they are out of form.
Probably lost the dressing room. What is also supposed to have happened at United, or something like that, I am not sure.

Reading some articles, this is not just a management issue for me.
There is something between Arteta, Edu and the players and it's growing.
If Arteta wanted to not use that much the players from Emery, he should still try to see what he could achieve with them.

Even Ole used Lukaku, Young, and others, even though he was on the side.

But here the story about Ozil (political issue with China?), Sokratis (what's the deal here?), Saliba (why freeze him out, even if he's not his signing), Torreira and Guendouzi (Ok that one, maybe it's "understandable", though he seems to be doing OK), and Xhaka, the hot head.

Last edited:

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I see Arsenal as a cautionary tale for UTD...
Being content with top 4 and casually dropping standards until you get happy you even make EL...
Its not quite the same though. They had already fallen down to "perpetual top 4" under Wenger, and its not like Arsenal fans were happy about his last couple of years. I'd say the mood around the Emirates have been pretty shite for a long time now. Now i dont know if AFTV is representative of the average Arsenal fan, but "happy" is not the word i'd use to describe them

As bad as the Glazers are, their owners are even worse, they hardly invest anything into the squad and even though they have a modern club structure compared to us, that does not seem to have brought them much joy. One of their most expensive players is in the dog house because he criticized a repressing regime and their squad is filled to the brim with mediocre players with shit attitudes . I kinda feel for Arteta though. He may not be the best manager out there, but the job hes taken is fecking impossible. They have some very tough fixtures coming up and if they keep up their bad form that is going to be it for Arteta. Wont fix the underlying problems though

And people suggesting that Poch or Allegri might be next. Why on earth would they want to dip their toes in that nasty looking pool? In terms of manager jobs, thats a poison chalice if i ever saw one

Ekeke

There were several posters on here who wanted Xhaka, a year ago people wanted Tierney and last summer plenty of people wanted Partey. They've all been poor overall this season

Gabriel has probably been their best player