Milwall will be Millwall: fans boo players for taking a knee

pablo__p

Marxist? Are there any real marxists around? To the Americans anyone who supports Healthcare is a Marxist. That makes most countries marxist, including the UK.
I don't know anyone who is not a racist who is against taking the knee.
doesn't matter. Marxist has been turned into a dirty word used to tarnish BLM.
Can you tell the difference between these pictures?

Well guess what

Perfect example of sugarcoating marxism.

And I know two/three dozen of people who are not racist and are against taking the knee any more, including black Brits.
Are you saying those six or so F1 drivers that didn't take the knee are racist?

Don't we all agree that in order to eradicate racism a coherent and well-thought program is required. One that would be inclusive and get a broad buy-in? One that promotes deeper thinking about 'equality' and stays away from empty gestures made for public.

Foxbatt

Perfect example of sugarcoating marxism.

And I know two/three dozen of people who are not racist and are against taking the knee any more, including black Brits.
Are you saying those six or so F1 drivers that didn't take the knee are racist?

Don't we all agree that in order to eradicate racism a coherent and well-thought program is required. One that would be inclusive and get a broad buy-in? One that promotes deeper thinking about 'equality' and stays away from empty gestures made for public.
What has marxism got to do with racism or anti racism? As for the F1 not the best example to quote as a Russian driver has already been lambasted for his attitude towards anti racism. There is an African American Senator who would not criticize the stance of Trump against African Americans. They are called Uncle Tom.

Halftrack

Again, kneeling and the BLM movement are separate things. Just like the BLM movement and BLM organisation are separate things.

People conflating these things are either useful idiots for the right, or bad faith actors.

Foxbatt

Again, kneeling and the BLM movement are separate things. Just like the BLM movement and BLM organisation are separate things.

People conflating these things are either useful idiots for the right, or bad faith actors.
Spot on. I would say more bad faith actors than useful idiots. Surely at this age anyone can find out what it is all about.

Foxbatt

God knows how has marxism come into this conversation.
Because people who support racism wanted to bring it in. If they didn't, they will get called out immediately. Now they can say they are not racists but anti marxists. Anyone who thinks there are marxists countries now are raving lunatics.

will-CT-

So in those countries it's not tolerable to acknowledge that white people have an issue with racism. So much for free speech
In those countries you aren't allowed to demonize white people and get away with. Just like you can't do it to the natives in Africa, Latin America, Asia or the Middle East and be scot-free. There's quite a big swerve between having a discussion on race and then peddling a sinister agenda against a whole native race.

"it's not tolerable to acknowledge that white people have an issue with racism" This comes off as racist in itself. Every race has an issue with racism. Every race has plenty of racists. It's not a new concept. The world has operated on tribalism for tens of thousand of years and will continue to do so in the future. All of those "terrorists' the West keeps telling you about tend to fight out of tribalism and nationalism more than anything else. You can't fix racism until people exist because people are inherently tribal and will always stick to their own.

As for the free speech. There's no such thing in the West. There's only what's acceptable today. I know Westerners love their buzzwords - free speech, freedom of expression, rights, free market, democracy. Give me a stat on how many westerners have lost their jobs in the last couple of years for having an opinion that doesn't align with the daily agenda? Why is everyone so frightened in the West nowadays? Could it be because they're afraid of the consequences, if they brake from the path of the narrative? Freedom of speech you say? Comical. And to think they like to parade as a cradle of democracy nowadays. The Greeks are having an eternal laugh.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
In those countries you aren't allowed to demonize white people and get away with. Just like you can't do it to the natives in Africa, Latin America, Asia or the Middle East and be scot-free. There's quite a big swerve between having a discussion on race and then peddling a sinister agenda against a whole native race.

"it's not tolerable to acknowledge that white people have an issue with racism" This comes off as racist in itself. Every race has an issue with racism. Every race has plenty of racists. It's not a new concept. The world has operated on tribalism for tens of thousand of years and will continue to do so in the future. All of those "terrorists' the West keeps telling you about tend to fight out of tribalism and nationalism more than anything else. You can't fix racism until people exist because people are inherently tribal and will always stick to their own.

As for the free speech. There's no such thing in the West. There's only what's acceptable today. I know Westerners love their buzzwords - free speech, freedom of expression, rights, free market, democracy. Give me a stat on how many westerners have lost their jobs in the last couple of years for having an opinion that doesn't align with the daily agenda? Why is everyone so frightened in the West nowadays? Could it be because they're afraid of the consequences, if they brake from the path of the narrative? Freedom of speech you say? Comical. And to think they like to parade as a cradle of democracy nowadays. The Greeks are having an eternal laugh.
Natives? Oh my :lol:

mu4c_20le

Worst post in the thread and yet to see anyone reply. I don't see any repercussions either. These kind of posts are acceptable and tolerated only in Western Europe. In Central and Eastern Europe there's consequences and it's not a slap on the wrist.
Repercussions? Behave :lol:

mu4c_20le

yeh, I’ve just logged on and read that. It is annoying though because if someone made the same joke about other races it would guaranteed be punished.
Its not nice but neither is this topic tbf. The other poster seemed to suggest that one should be jailed or suffer some sort of repercussions though

fergieisold

Its not nice but neither is this topic tbf. The other poster seemed to suggest that one should be jailed or suffer some sort of repercussions though
Ill have to read in the sober light of day. I’m totally in support (weird we have to state it these days) anti racism campaigns that are politically neutral. But I’ve seen far too often on this forum and in general the slow creep of the white racism lines. It’s not going to help long term, it’ll only make everything worse.

Halftrack

Okay, but white people suck.

Also, men suck too.

And soldiers. Feck them.

USREDEVIL

As much as millwall fans are quite obviously cnuty racists...what’s the point in kneeling? Are we going to be doing this forever now? How about, we just don’t be racist?
It's just a sign of solidarity. The point is to make racists realize they are the minority and that society as a whole is against racism. Is it going to magically resolve everything no, but neither does doing nothing. I think they should end the practice soon though because the point's been made.

fergieisold

It's just a sign of solidarity. The point is to make racists realize they are the minority and that society as a whole is against racism. Is it going to magically resolve everything no, but neither does doing nothing. I think they should end the practice soon though because the point's been made.
yeh, education is the only way forward long term rather than symbolic stuff, but atleast it has made people pay attention, even if they disagree with it!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
As much as millwall fans are quite obviously cnuty racists...what’s the point in kneeling? Are we going to be doing this forever now? How about, we just don’t be racist?
Great idea. Let's start with not moaning because some people are enacting their right to free speech in a way that you don't like.

"Just don't be racist" would be great but folk will find a way to complain about anything that highlights racism, now and in future, so it's not just a "snap of the fingers and it's gone" situation.

It's like a lot of folk who are pissed off by the knee taking but then say "we should find other ways of fighting racism". Well, people have tried peaceful protesting, not sitting at the back of the bus, million men marches, raising awareness using their fame when the cameras are on them, and those acts - plus many others - have all been met with "we didn't mean raise awareness like that! Do something else!" No, no. Just feck off. No.

Last edited:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Imagine getting annoyed about people kneeling down for 5 seconds. Imagine being such a massive wanker that a really really small gesture, that has zero effect on you, isn't forcing you to do anything (apart from maybe... "Think" !? Shock horror) and literally has no effect on your life not just upsets you (cos that alone would make you a wanker) but makes you want to boo it?

It's just totally ridiculous. Anyone who would boo it is a fecking idiot, and anyone who's trying to excuse such behaviour is also a fecking idiot.
Yes, pathetic assholes.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
the simple fact that people would freak about a player refusing to do it (which they wouldn't, such is the social pressure to do so), would make me not want to do it. there's something off about that kind of cultish politics in football, for any purported reason.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
It's depressing but hardly surprising. We live in a country that can't handle a black family in a Sainsburys advert.

JadoreSox

The idea that we should just ignore all the political and other baggage with the movement and just focus on the anti racism message doesnt work for me, we all know this wouldn't apply if the political message was in the other direction.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'm naming my new fascist organisation Ole Out

If you're Ole Out you're a fascist.

I don't care if you're only saying the message, if you say Ole Out you're a fascist.

pablo__p

I'm naming my new fascist organisation Ole Out

If you're Ole Out you're a fascist.

I don't care if you're only saying the message, if you say Ole Out you're a fascist.

I'm naming an organization No More Hungry Kids (NMHK). My goal is to eradicate kids hunger.
Some other demands on my political agenda are:
-closing universities
-funding divination schools
-max body-weight qualification to be eligible for elections.

Are you a monster if you don't support NMHK?

Halftrack

The idea that we should just ignore all the political and other baggage with the movement and just focus on the anti racism message doesnt work for me, we all know this wouldn't apply if the political message was in the other direction.
For the umpteenth time: Kneeling and the BLM movement are two completely different things.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
A lot of people are missing the point here. This isn't about the merits of BLM or even the sincerity/usefulness of the kneeling itself.

I think people wearing a pink ribbon once a year (while not giving a shit about cancer the rest of the year) are pretty silly, yet it wouldn't cross my mind to harass/boo/bully someone for wearing one. The reason is that I know anyone watching me boo somebody for supporting breast cancer awareness is rightfully going to take me for a disgusting pig.

Those "supporters" know fully well they aren't booing a complicated political issue, they are booing a harmless gesture which in its own (naive) way is trying to call attention to racism in football (and society).

It's childish and rude and will make you come off as a racist scumbag. (Which they probably won't mind, given the history of certain Millwall fans.)

Sweet Square

The injured demonstrator rescued by a Black Lives Matter hero as London protests turned violent has been revealed as a Millwall fanatic with a club tattoo on his leg.
Personal trainer Patrick Hutchinson won national praise after photos of him slinging a white man over his shoulder and carrying him to safety went viral on Saturday.
The rescued man, pictured clutching his bloodied head, has reportedly been identified as Bryn Male, 55, a delivery driver and Millwall FC fan from Basingstoke, in Hampshire.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...atter-millwall-bryn-male-london-a9571491.html

JadoreSox

For the umpteenth time: Kneeling and the BLM movement are two completely different things.
Means different things to different people. We have this debate every year about the Poppy and there is a clear double standard.

Halftrack

Means different things to different people. We have this debate every year about the Poppy and there is a clear double standard.
No, you not bothering to do some cursory reading and understanding the difference does not change the meaning of the gesture.