g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Television Mindhunter

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The first couple of seasons were great, but it went downhill after.

The Mindhunter book is a decent, if tough at times read.
I agree but that was mainly because they lost the lead actor (who was a prick on set). I checked out after season 5 or 6, too many repetitive storylines

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Anyone else agree that the story with Tench's kid was a bit too dark?
Kinda. I guess they're trying to relate Manson's claim of being an abandoned child of a careless society, and Nancy & Bill's anxiety about being unaware of Brian's life before they adopted him.

Keefy18

Have people been slating it? I just assumed it had been well recieved.

Not even sure on what grounds it would be criticised. The writing, performances and aesthetics all seem fairly on point to me.
Yeah go back to the start of this thread and some posters are slaughtering it here.

Very surprised as I say.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I didn't enjoy that season as much as the first. None of the sub plots did anything for me and the main case kind of fizzled out.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I thought the lezzer was a bit of a stereotype and the reason for dumping her was pretty cack. At least they didn't have Holden bone that hotel receptionist though.

Keefy18

Loved the season finale! Probably the best episode to date!

Fantastic show!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Anyone else agree that the story with Tench's kid was a bit too dark?
It felt like a too convenient (for the plot) coincidence that Tench's kid had to be involved in something so bizarre. I would have preferred if it was something more subtle, like maybe a dead pet and Tench getting paranoid of this being an early warning sign.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
It felt like a too convenient (for the plot) coincidence that Tench's kid had to be involved in something so bizarre. I would have preferred if it was something more subtle, like maybe a dead pet and Tench getting paranoid of this being an early warning sign.
Catching him torturing animals and setting fires would have been more believable.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Might be something everyone was already aware of but I just saw the list of directors on this show. Aside from Fincher himself you also have Asif Kapadia (director of the excellent documentaries Senna, Amy and Maradonna), Tobias Lindholm (director of the Oscar nominated A War) and Andrew Dominick (director of the brilliant The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford). Not too shabby a collection.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Those are common traits of serial killers when young, as well as bedwetting which was shown.
This line of thinking (known as the Macdonald Triad), popular in the ‘60s and ‘70s, is now thought to be invalid in relation to indicating potential homicidal tendencies and instead indicators of parental neglect, abuse or brutality.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
How many cigarettes did Tench smoke in total ? Do actors get special compensations for that if they don't smoke in real life ?
I've wondered the same with Cillian Murphy in Peaky Blinders. Seems to be smoking in near enough every scene.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
How many cigarettes did Tench smoke in total ? Do actors get special compensations for that if they don't smoke in real life ?
I've wondered the same with Cillian Murphy in Peaky Blinders. Seems to be smoking in near enough every scene.
I was wondering the same. Surely the industry has safe ‘cigarettes’ that actors smoke (akin to the apple juice trick when drinking ‘whiskey’ in scenes), no?

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
I was wondering the same. Surely the industry has safe ‘cigarettes’ that actors smoke (akin to the apple juice trick when drinking ‘whiskey’ in scenes), no?
They do. My friend is an actor and on stage they use some herbal cigarettes that are essentially harmless (and they don't inhale them) and on screen they just use them and/or the electronic ones and clever camera techniques.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
They do. My friend is an actor and on stage they use some herbal cigarettes that are essentially harmless (and they don't inhale them) and on screen they just use them and/or the electronic ones and clever camera techniques.
Isn't there currently a problem with electronic cigarettes in the US ? Some people seem to have gotten sick

macheda14

Isn't there currently a problem with electronic cigarettes in the US ? Some people seem to have gotten sick
Supposedly it’s more to do with vaping weed, than nicotine. There’s a lot of vitamin E in the cartridges which is unsafe to inhale.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I hate the way that Holden talks. Why the pathetic soft weakass voice? Just talk like a normal person FFS.