Missing Persons and Unsolved Crimes and Mysteries

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
In the Independent - it kind of makes you think they could have looked a bit harder for missing people.

Seven bodies found during search for Brian Laundrie
At least seven bodies have been discovered around the US amid the ongoing search for the fugitive, Brian Laundrie.

The seventh body — that of a woman who went missing near an area in Colorado where Mr Laundrie and Petito visited in early July — was found this week, the Sun reported.

At least four other bodies were found under “suspicious circumstances” near areas where police were searching for either Mr Laundrie or Petito before her remains were found.

Two other bodies were found before Mr Laundrie went missing near the areas where he was road tripping with Petito. The manhunt for the 23-year-old fugitive has been ongoing for five weeks now.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...gabby-petito-b1942401.html?page=6#post-508839

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will

hobbers

Skeletal remains? Surely there'd still be a little bit more than just bones left. He's only been missing a few weeks.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Skeletal remains? Surely there'd still be a little bit more than just bones left. He's only been missing a few weeks.
It doesn't mean that there was no flesh at all left. And in the tropics an unburied body can decompose with the assistance of insects very quickly. Even in temperate climates 3 weeks is possible.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
It doesn't mean that there was no flesh at all left. And in the tropics an unburied body can decompose with the assistance of insects very quickly. Even in temperate climates 3 weeks is possible.
And this is the Florida heat we're talking about. It gets steaming hot dowm there.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Camping in the middle of nowhere with a baby and a four year old - with a tent that had multiple entry points.

I hope they will find Cleo alive and safe.
I took my son to all sorts of remote places camping, boating etc. Being in the middle of nowhere gives you confidence that you don't have in a city.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )

Carolina Red

Staff
I remember this. I think I saw it on Unsolved Mysteries. The trajectory of his supposed jump didn't add up either. Someone had to push him with force for him to end up where he was found.
Yes exactly. And then there’s the weird note he left hidden in his computer and the strange stuff that happened around his house shortly before his death. Not to mention his behavior that day.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Yes exactly. And then there’s the weird note he left hidden in his computer and the strange stuff that happened around his house shortly before his death. Not to mention his behavior that day.
I always believed it had something to do with his investment advice. The company he worked for was costing someone a lot of money and they just had to get rid of him. No ordinary person would have access to the resources needed to cover up a crime like that. They had to have connections in high places. Security video gone. Nobody knew who made the suspicious phone call. Whoever made that call was from his office so they were working with someone to lure him out. He was definitely murdered and sadly I don't think anyone will ever know who did it.

Carolina Red

Staff
I always believed it had something to do with his investment advice. The company he worked for was costing someone a lot of money and they just had to get rid of him. No ordinary person would have access to the resources needed to cover up a crime like that. They had to have connections in high places. Security video gone. Nobody knew who made the suspicious phone call. Whoever made that call was from his office so they were working with someone to lure him out. He was definitely murdered and sadly I don't think anyone will ever know who did it.
That’s a good point. Reads like the script of Pulp Fiction where they call in the cleaner

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Ohhhhh yes. Ever since I was a kid and the original series was on TV.
That's crazy because I was telling someone up to last night if I ever get a do-over I'll become a CSI. Their response was "you already think you know everything so becoming a CSI would just be a formality" :lol:
I watch Dateline, Unsolved Mysteries etc like they're going out of style. Most times I can guess who done it and 8/10 times if someone was poisoned, the culprit is antifreeze.

Carolina Red

Staff
That's crazy because I was telling someone up to last night if I ever get a do-over I'll become a CSI. Their response was "you already think you know everything so becoming a CSI would just be a formality" :lol:
I watch Dateline, Unsolved Mysteries etc like they're going out of style. Most times I can guess who done it and 8/10 times if someone was poisoned, the culprit is antifreeze.
Word! I’d totally go back and do it again to do this…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forensic_anthropology

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Unless he was a survival expert and went in there with more supplies than suggested, he was dead in the early portion of that timeframe.

And there’s no shortage of animals in a swamp eager to take advantage of leftover nutrients in corpses. That’s why we never find any remains of the Southern US bigfoot.

UweBein

Supports
Chelsea
I took my son to all sorts of remote places camping, boating etc. Being in the middle of nowhere gives you confidence that you don't have in a city.
And he was sleeping separated from you, in such a way that someone could enter his space without disturbing you? (I get that I am probably reading too much from that....) But fact is my children would have slept on the same bed as me or my wife.

UweBein

Supports
Chelsea
also came out that 20 registered sex offenders live in surrounding communities. However there is no suspect yet.
I am probably too cynical here... but I would start with the mother or boyfriend.

WPMUFC

I am probably too cynical here... but I would start with the mother or boyfriend.
i'd imagine they are but just keeping it on the low down from the press. Last i read they seemed to be basing the abduction angle on the fact the tent zip was higher than she could reach. That seemed really flimsy to assume abduction. So i'd imagine the cops are pushing one narrative to the media whilst the parents are being examined in the background.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
And he was sleeping separated from you, in such a way that someone could enter his space without disturbing you? (I get that I am probably reading too much from that....) But fact is my children would have slept on the same bed as me or my wife.
Probably not my choice but somewhere so remote if you did you wouldn't fear kidnapping might occur.

When my son was young we lived in the tropics and he had his own room. We didn't have full air-conditioning so windows had to be left open at night. He was probably far more at risk there. Although we did have dogs so probably not.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I read that it was a swampy area that had previously been under water.