Mo Salah

Raoul

Admin
Staff
They scored the same number of goals last season.
Morata although playing second fiddle to Benzema most of the season played in a team which scored 170+ goals? Whereas Salah played RW and CAM. I mean those are good numbers for just about any player in the world in those positions. Mane for Comparison scored 13 goals.

Obviously this doesn't factor in intangibles such as Morata's technical quality which I think in the right system and team can elevate him to world class.

Salah will likely never be world class, but it's clear he has a lot of good qualities.

But as of now I think they are both just good players. Who on their day can be very good.
Morata was a bench player though. Had he started most games he numbers would've likely doubled.

WhoDaGOAT

I like Salah. Excellent goalscorer.

Klopp is stockpiling too many similar players, in my opinion.

They will never win a title with his tactics. The pressing kills them by February. They will be good to watch, though.

settembrini

In Italy. As always, it remains to be seen if we can cut it in England. He tried once - but failed. If he was as good as this thread tells us right now, bigger and better clubs would come sniffing at 35M.
So he can't be good because Liverpool bought him for a reasonable fee? That's daft. Mane was one of the best wingers in the league at Southampton, he went to Liverpool for a similar fee and was one of the best wingers again last season. I hope Salah is a massive flop for them but looking at the deal objectively they have done very well here.

Irrational.

Very funny from Liverpool.
Hilarious. What a witty club they are... Pure bantz m9. Absolute legends. :lol::lol::lol:

Pure class... Announced. Twitter is stunned. :lol::lol: Clop is a genius. 17/18 is theirs la. Attacking quartet of Salah, Mane, Firmino and Coutinho. A combination of speed, wizardry, tekkerz and teeth. Champz League royalty here to claim back their throne.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Champz League royalty here to claim back their throne.
Remember Liverpool didn't miss out on Champions League, the Champions League lost out on them la.

Can't wait for some proper glamour to be injected into the comp again next year.

Irrational.

Remember Liverpool didn't miss out on Champions League, the Champions League lost out on them la.

Can't wait for some proper glamour to be injected into the comp again next year.
Those Bulgarian farmers from Ludovillage won't know what hit them. Famous magickh'l nights at the Kop la. Gonna be proper sweet.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool

They will never win a title with his tactics. The pressing kills them by February. They will be good to watch, though.
One way of solving that is just by having lots of that type of player, then you can chop and change and nobody gets tired.

This I think is what Klopp is opting to do, not buy alternative players who play differently.

Two valid ways of approaching the problem, don't think one is right over the other

snk123

That's super cringeworthy. And why the feck is he saying "hannounced"? :lol:

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool

Liverpool's form from March to May was strong.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
This is probably not the time or the place, but didn't Mo state some rather outrageous opinions on Jews a few years ago?

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
I hope he succeeds in England but for his team to fail obviously. :D

At the end, seeing an Egyptian player playing regularly for a top 6 team in England has been a dream for me.
Well if he has a much better attitude than Mido he might come good for Liverpool.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
This is probably not the time or the place, but didn't Mo state some rather outrageous opinions on Jews a few years ago?
He refused to shake the hands of some Israeli opponents from Macabbi Tel Aviv, but stated afterwards that he felt pressured by extreme movements in Egypt, or something like that. I could be wrong but that's all I remember from that incident, he was still at Basel back then.

el3mel

Well if he has a much better attitude than Mido he might come good for Liverpool.
It's not even a close comparison. Salah has a far, far better attitude on and off the pitch.

Mido could have achieved better than what he did but he's one of these players that destroyed themselves.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
He refused to shake the hands of some Israeli opponents from Macabbi Tel Aviv, but stated afterwards that he felt pressured by extreme movements in Egypt, or something like that. I could be wrong but that's all I remember from that incident, he was still at Basel back then.
ok, if that's the case then i was clearly off the mark. cheers

WhoDaGOAT

Liverpool's form from March to May was strong.

They were out of everything by February and lost against Hull and Leicester that month. Their final few games were very easy. The teams were either safe or on their holidays; Watford, Stoke, West Ham, etc.

The only thing impressive about Liverpool is their form against the top 6/7 sides. You can always count on them to ruin it against a Palace or Burnley.

el3mel

That's what happened, yes.

The pressure from Egyptians on anything regarding contact with Israel isn't easy enough and it was a hard situation for a young player as him at this time, but I think he dealt with this fine, just refused shaking their hands directly but went there, played and even scored. Other Egyptians players before didn't even try to travel to Israel and feared for the outcomes from Egyptian media, like Ahmed Hassan when he played with Anderlecht.

Salah did well at this condition imo.

Rafateria

I'm sure we've all said things as youngsters we'd rather forget. He has recently said that we should respect people of all religions and races. Can't find the quote at the moment.

Briman63

Supports
Liverpool
Think he is a decent acquisition on paper. An improvement on what they have, but a part of the pitch were they have so many similar players. Questions over will he deliver week in/week out which they do struggle with. But think 40mill should have been spent on their obvious defensive issues first, then a striker. Salah is far from the player they actually needed in right now.
I agree we need to sort our defence out and we will address that no doubt, as far as Salah is concerned he's a player we actually do need, besides Mane we have no other natural wingers, Coutinho can now drop back to his best position and we will have blistering pace on both sides, Coutinho as good as he is has no pace.

Briman63

Supports
Liverpool
Seems quite ridiculous to move their best/most consistent player to a new position.

But what do I know. I said in August I'd take Miki over Mane.
If you look at Mane's stats he's actually a lot better on the left, he's scored nearly twice as many goals from there, he would have played there for us last season only or the fact we had absolutely no-one else to go on the right.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He will fit in perfectly at a club who openly support racism.
How is Suarez doing these days anyway?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
If you look at Mane's stats he's actually a lot better on the left, he's scored nearly twice as many goals from there, he would have played there for us last season only or the fact we had absolutely no-one else to go on the right.
Fair play. Only seen him play 90 maybe 5 or 6 times. Always down the right. Had no idea he'd spent time on the left. Makes Sala a very good signing if true.

Pablitoooo

Supports
Roma
I don't rate him, but I do rate Morata, who is a top striker.
me too.

I agree also with @Smacky The Frog
but I have to say that most of Roma fans rate salah very high.

Saw quite a bit of him at Chelsea, and then for Fiorentina. Unless he's massively improved at Roma, he is the epitome of the fast winger who looks amazing on Youtube, but is immensely frustrating to watch on a weekly basis. He's the kind of athletic winger the Premier League has seen a lot of - the type who looks incredible one week and absolute shit the next. The "he has all the ingredients, but if only he could figure it out..." type. They never do.

He's not a particularly good dribbler, unless kicking the ball 10 yards past a defender and trying to recover it himself constitutes good dribbling. His technique and decision-making can fluctuate anywhere between adequate to Bramble, often in the same game. He's at his best in an open game with space to run into, something he won't see a lot of at a big club, especially not in the Premier League.

Pretty sure Rodgers - or the nefarious "transfer committee" at Liverpool - were interested in him before Chelsea came along, so he might get a chance there. I could see him being successful in Klopp's system for a couple of months, leading to lots of hot takes about Klopp vs. Mourinho, and general hysteria, before he inevitably returns to his original level and we pretend those discussions never happened.

The only other feasible "big club" option in England could be Arsenal, if Arsene decides he wants to relive the Theo Walcott Experience (™). They're already reliving every season on a loop, why not take the next step and relive the players that led to them reliving every season? Loops within loops within loops. Feels like something Arsene would be into.

Rafateria

Fair play. Only seen him play 90 maybe 5 or 6 times. Always down the right. Had no idea he'd spent time on the left. Makes Sala a very good signing if true.
Quote from Salah to LFC TV:

"Last season with Roma we played five at the back and two strikers; I was a second striker, like a number 10," he told LFCTV.
"I have played on the right. Sometimes I go on the left. I can play anywhere up front."