Mohamed Salah

MoneyMay

Mohamed Salah is 99% close to joining Liverpool, according to a close friend.

He's a good player, who possesses good dribbling and speed. This year, he has been excellent in big games, most prominently against Tottenham and Chelsea. His all-round game has been impressive. However, these performances are deceiving as he doesn't possess consistency in key areas. He's a player that generally lacks consistency. His vision and finishing need to be improved. It's weird saying this because he's made great decisions - and scored a couple of good goals - against Chelsea and Tottenham. He's a player that thrives under pressure, I feel.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
You've described a lot of Liverpool's signings under Rodgers, great dribbler but inconsistent.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He was the stand-out player for me when watching Basel in the EL last year, reminded me of Bale/Messi in that whenever they picked the ball up they terrorised the defence with their dribbling speed. He could be another very astute signing by Rodgers.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Strong g rumours linking him to us. Not seen much of him, is he better than Moses?

Is he right sided or left sided?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He was the stand-out player for me when watching Basel in the EL last year, reminded me of Bale/Messi in that whenever they picked the ball up they terrorised the defence with their dribbling speed. He could be another very astute signing by Rodgers.
Rodgers seems to be building a very technical side with everyone comfortable on the ball.

MoneyMay

Strong g rumours linking him to us. Not seen much of him, is he better than Moses?

Is he right sided or left sided?
He mainly plays on the right, but can also play on the left.

Both are similar players. Both frustrate in exactly the same way, but Salah has more flair about him. He's still only 21, so he has many things to learn.

My swiss friend says "He's amazing in big games........but average against smaller teams"
That's exactly what I think.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Sounds like a luxury version of Assaidi. Hopefully, he can be worked with.

Either would be better than Moses though.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Watched him only in CL/EL games but I like his style, guy's pacey as hell and can dribble pretty well.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
All but a done deal, according to the twitterati tonight.

ALso strong murmurs that we've opened talks with Newcastle for Cabaye. It seems we've pulled the "engage transfer strategy" lever today.

IhabX7

Looked great in the 3 matches I've watched him and some other highlight reels.

Snipers Breath

All but a done deal, according to the twitterati tonight.

ALso strong murmurs that we've opened talks with Newcastle for Cabaye. It seems we've pulled the "engage transfer strategy" lever today.
No chance of getting Cabaye in January.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Who is better that we can realistically get?

Also think people underrate Cabaye on here, he is better than the vast majority of CMs in the league.
Probably no one in January. In order to get someone better we'd need European football so it'd have to be in the summer.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
He has played in all league games this season.
Still odd the way he's been used, often as a sub and last season he barely played in League games at all. Yet featured/started in European matches and being named the Swiss Super League's best player for 2013.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He's paying 850 quid for a rent? Does that get you a decent apartment in Liverpool these days?