Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

We are still signing Tyler Adams. And Santos is going to be really, really good. They legitimately had interest in 5 other players including Alvarez, who they had term agreements with…. But they just feel Caicedo or possibly Lavia are THE pieces needed.

So, not as myopic in their search as people make it sound
But every season or two brings out the next best young this and that. Your own squad building over the last 12 months plus your dredging of the South American flavour of the month youngsters shows how folly that is if you continually bite.
I’d believe what you’re saying but you’re both literally switching targets between the two players as if they’re all that’s out there.
It reads as pure panic to be honest.

marktan

How are Chelsea not affected by FFP with the amount they've spent since Boehly came in? Same with Arteta over the last 3 years?

Cloud7

It will be really annoying if Liverpool get him. At least I can somewhat tolerate Chelsea (Far more than Liverpool and Arsenal). If it can’t be us I hope he goes to Chelsea and not Liverpool.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Has Paul Joyce really said that Brighton have accepted our 90 + 10m offer and it's up to the player? :eek: Or is it just online spoofers?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
How are Chelsea not affected by FFP with the amount they've spent since Boehly came in? Same with Arteta over the last 3 years?
Payments are spread over a set amount of year, the fiscal outlay impacts FFP, not the total amount announced.

Plus Chelsea have sold a lot of players, but my god have they spent poorly.

I am a little surprised that players want to go there over Liverpool considering the unstable turmoil the club finds itself in on any given Sunday

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Weepat is right. This is now deadline night and I'm not gonna get any sleep. :(

RedDevilRoshi

He’s literally the perfect signing for Liverpool which is why I hope Boehly can find a way to bring him to Chelsea instead.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He’s literally the perfect signing for Liverpool which is why I hope Boehly can find a way to bring him to Chelsea instead.
This. Would much rather they get Lavia. Chelsea’s midfield is still not good enough even if they add Caicedo but Liverpools will be complete.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
This man will end up having a statue built outside Anfield. He will be magic for them, worth every penny. If Rice is worth 100 mill then Caicedo is worth 1 billion.

Hoof the ball

What a fecking punch in the gut this would be. A lifelong Manchester United fan, who we had an option on getting for 15m, only to watch him flourish and end up at Liverpool? Nah. Feck that story.

croadyman

What a fecking punch in the gut this would be. A lifelong Manchester United fan, who we had an option on getting for 15m, only to watch him flourish and end up at Liverpool? Nah. Feck that story.
Yeah this one would hurt a lot

marktan

Payments are spread over a set amount of year, the fiscal outlay impacts FFP, not the total amount announced.

Plus Chelsea have sold a lot of players, but my god have they spent poorly.

I am a little surprised that players want to go there over Liverpool considering the unstable turmoil the club finds itself in on any given Sunday
Does the amount clubs get for sales also get spread over the years in regards to FFP? So they can't have made too much from their sales then.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Oh they were both very good. I think the thing is that they are 2 players that will need to adapt and have a fairly small window of playing well in a team that is extremely well organized for players to succeed.

I'm not even for a second saying either won't be excellent. I am just saying it's not a forgone conclusion and definitely not something striking fear into my heart right now.
You also think Bissouma is better than Caicedo though. Let's just say you either don't rate him or can't see what everyone else seemingly can. He's exactly what both Chelsea and Liverpool need and will strengthen the winner immensely.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Liverpool looking to break the British transfer record. Let's see how Boehly reacts..

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
But every season or two brings out the next best young this and that. Your own squad building over the last 12 months plus your dredging of the South American flavour of the month youngsters shows how folly that is if you continually bite.
I’d believe what you’re saying but you’re both literally switching targets between the two players as if they’re all that’s out there.
It reads as pure panic to be honest.
But … we aren’t switching targets. Everything seems to happening the exact same as before, except people are talking about the excitement around which player will go where instead of how long these deals took to get … exactly where we were at the beginning.

We are going to be a multi club system. While we are expanding it is going to seem like we are buying more players (especially youth players) than seems normal for a single team. Just wait til we have our Portuguese side ….

And yes, many of those players will probably not end up playing for Chelsea. But Chelsea’s problem was not having a good system and internal structure setup to have a plan fir every young player. We were horrible at working them into our side, even when we should have… and that’s because the structure was nonexistent.

Now we will have one of the most massive scouting and development t systems in the world, a coming multi tier structure, and the structure in place to move players into the first squad, move them on with a plan, find the 60 to 80m players when they are still 12 to 15m and make loads of profit finding a professional home for the rest.

FFP does not limit us in buying youth and infrastructure.

Flying_Heckfish

If you bring one player in for £100m and he gets injured, then it all goes through the chimney.

The day that this is football, I'm not in a job anymore, because the game is about playing together.

Supports
Chelsea
We aren't going to match their bid if its a British record fee. This one is dusted folks.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If Liverpool have offered in excess of a £105m, then you'd have to think they will sign the player.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
We aren't going to match their bid if its a British record fee. This one is dusted folks.
I've been making the point that all the 'negotiating' your club was doing when you had a clear run was unwise. Now you have yourself a genuine bidding war for more than Brighton were initially asking and you think your club is about to pull out? An immense waste of time if so!

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Brighton have a good season and got their soul snatched. That'll teach you to have ideas above your station, mid to lower tier PL clubs.

If you bring one player in for £100m and he gets injured, then it all goes through the chimney.

The day that this is football, I'm not in a job anymore, because the game is about playing together.
Lets see if a journalist puts this to him.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Would be a very good signing for Liverpool. It's still an entirely new midfield that has to bed in but the process should be a lot quicker with Caicedo rather than the less established Lavia.

Don't quite get some of the rending of garments above, mind. Other teams are going to sign good players sometimes.

the_cliff

Melissa Reddy (no idea how reliable she is) said they will offer a British record, which is currently Enzo at £107M.
Melissa Reddy is reliable and it coincides with the news from Talksport.

She is a Liverpool correspondent though so she could be reporting what they've put out, which could be to feck around with you lot after the Lavia bid but no doubt she's heard something from inside Liverpool Football Club.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
British transfer record for Caceido? Nah not worth it just for a midfield destroyer. Looking at rice in that arsenal team and they do not look any different from last season (maybe because havertz is canceling out his impact :lol:). I can see Pochettino going for lavia and perhaps veratti instead.

I feel it is a poker game. I m not sure if Liverpool are actually willing to spend that much on Caceido. Maybe using it to bait chelsea to pay that exorbitant fee

Levi1

This man will end up having a statue built outside Anfield. He will be magic for them, worth every penny. If Rice is worth 100 mill then Caicedo is worth 1 billion.
Haha what is the RAWK goes into meltdown equivalent for Redcafe?

Supports
Chelsea
I've been making the point that all the 'negotiating' your club was doing when you had a clear run was unwise. Now you have yourself a genuine bidding war for more than Brighton were initially asking and you think your club is about to pull out? An immense waste of time if so!
Think they overestimated Caicedo's preference which seems to change on a whim and didn't anticipate Liverpool (or any club) coming in this strong with this amount of money. For as crazy and extreme we have been in the market we've shown earlier this summer with Ugarte that we are willing to walk away if it got too out of hand. I expect the same will happen here. Two players who wanted to join us, seemingly fumbled.

Levi1

For some reason, highly priced players always end up being duds. I'm quietly quite pleased that Liverpool are getting taken to the cleaners here. He may be a hit, but more often than not, this size transfer means the player will be on loan at a midtable side in 3 years time

Status
Not open for further replies.