Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Sadly that Enzo's and Tchouaméni fee kinda distort the market. Not to mention an inferior player like Rice was quoted 100m. Caicedo is much much proven and better than those.

So expecting 90-100m is fair by Brighton.
Why didn't we put in the time and effort to get this guy for peanuts. Yes it may have been complex but felt a very lazy attitude to me

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Why didn't we put in the time and effort to get this guy for peanuts. Yes it may have been complex but felt a very lazy attitude to me
Wasn't United structure in transition at that time? That was a valid excuse, but now it's time to deliver.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
I dont know if it's fine to splash 100M for him, when we would need a more technical profile as a 6/8 rather than a powerful box to box player.

I don't say that we shouldnt, but at 100M we could potentially do better.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I dont know if it's fine to splash 100M for him, when we would need a more technical profile as a 6/8 rather than a powerful box to box player.

I don't say that we shouldnt, but at 100M we could potentially do better.
The problem is, we need this new midfielder to be a lot of things right now because of Casemiro's weaknesses. They'll need to be able to shield the defence and be very mobile to cover the fullback, something Case struggles with at times. They'll need to be able to carry the ball to help relieve pressure. They'll need to be very good at passing as we need somebody who can bring some control and composure to our game.

I don't think they player is out there. To me it's basically a De Bruyne level of player that we need and there's no chance we a) find one and b) sign this player ahead of everyone else. Caicedo ticks a lot of them boxes, but if say at the moment he's only a decent passer overall. Good short, one touch game, but he's not a creator or somebody who can dictate the game. So, for me based on the players I've seen, he probably is the best option but we'll probably need another midfielder in the not too distant future to replace Case.

JuriM

He would be an enormous upgrade to Fred/McTominay combo we have atm. Eriksen, Caiceco, Casemiro, and Kobe Mainoo combo would be solid for next season.

aeh1991

His recent contract extension implies to me that Brighton are speculating a record offer (100m+) for him. Which isn't even unrealistic considering the clubs linked with him. We should be careful not to overpay for him while not having sorted the CF problem yet. Other than that, he'd be a phenomenal signing.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Maguire money for sure. Him and Rabiot for 100m would take us to next level .

Still need a striker, right back and a GK

luke511

It'll be like missing out on Kante all over again if we don't sign him, one of those talents that make the difference between winning the league and not. We've seen how hard it is to play against Brighton with him in midfield, I don't fancy watching that for the next 10 years whenever we come up against whoever signs him between Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea.

davidmichael

This is what I’ve been saying too and think it’s the way to go, Rabiot has enough ability on the ball to rotate with Eriksen whilst having a lot more steep whilst Caicedo can do the role of all of our midfielders other than Eriksen’s passing ability so £80 million for the pair should do it.

Strootman's Finger

Dream signing? would still rather Frenkie or Rice. Both of whom could actually be cheaper.
I would like Frenkie too, but it's not happening, not worth wasting any effort thinking about. Rice is a good player, I'd take Caicedo first though, and he'll be cheaper. They're talking 120 mil for Rice, Caicedo might approach 100 mil, but won't reach it.

SAFMUTD

Because Caicedo's card wasn't entirely owned by his previous club but also in some percentage by a third party. At the time ManUtd decided that we wouldn't negotiate with third partys as they're not reliable. Since there were 3-4 different people claiming to have Caicedo's card.

croadyman

Yeah that could definitely work,however still got doubts we have budget for this guy and will we go back for Rabiot again. We all remember last summers shenanigans with the wages

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
We need this lad badly, been absolutely immense everytime he's played us.

Need him either at United or shipped off to Spain somewhere because I never want to face him again :lol:
He's not going to Spain. Madrid will sign Bellingham and Barcelona has no money.
I see him at Arsenal.

Swedish_Plumber

He’s pretty damn good. My only reservation is that bissouma looked pretty damn good too and hasn’t really looked the same in another set up.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
£5m. That's all it would have cost us. I don't care how difficult the deal was to do because of a third party......you get it done.

What a player he is. He will cost 80m plus now easily.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
His lowest ceiling is basically a Kante regen. He’s a must get. Will immediately contribute and will replace Casemiro within 2 years or so.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
He's also said that we're his dream club, so most likely he's a fan of both. To be honest there's probably a lot of players around who do have both a favourite English and Spanish club.
He also said moving to Arsenal would be a “dream come true”.

slored1

Worth whatever someone will pay for him. A rare combination of both excellent technical and physical skills. Insane how Brighton casually swapped Bissouma for a better player.

BarryWinks

Okay yeah, I'm on this hype train. Have him next to Casemiro and half our problem - weak core - disappear. Great in the tackle and on the ball. Not the most expansive passer but we will have to make do with having our front four create.

Zoo

De Zerbi very open saying Caicedo and Mac Allister could go this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.