Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Lets for fun believe its true, and it is somewhat of a tactic to show Chelsea they are not going to be held for ransom over Mount.

Does that not all fall apart when Brighton would want close to 80 million for Caicedo? Chelsea would just say, if you have 80 million spare then you obviously could afford 60+ for Mount.
No because its up to us how we spend our money not Chelsea

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
People falling for this :lol: Clearly a tactic to twist Chelsea’s hand. Pretending to enter the bidding war and raising Caicedo’s price who Chelsea are after. Watch Chelsea dropping the price for Mount now and us signing him in the coming days.
Tbf most people should also be happy with that outcome given the complaining about us being a soft touch in the transfer market.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
People falling for this :lol: Clearly a tactic to twist Chelsea’s hand. Pretending to enter the bidding war and raising Caicedo’s price who Chelsea are after. Watch Chelsea dropping the price for Mount now and us signing him in the coming days.
“Falling for this”

ugh.

Thiagoal

Northcroft seems a good journo, so I think we might actually have pivoted away for now. He's also suggesting that we've been in talks for Caicedo during the negotiations for Mount.

So we swapped our pursuit of a £55 million player to a player valued north of £70 million because we have a limited budget… something smells off with these reports!

C'est Moi Cantona

It's a bit too transparent though don't you think?

Either the interest is true, or we're hoping Chelsea are even more stupid at selling than they are at buying.

Swedish_Plumber

So we swapped our pursuit of a £55 million player to a player valued north of £70 million because we have a limited budget… something smells off with these reports!
It’s probably more to do with value in the market though. Think we are trying to stop being mugged off both now and in the future.

We probably think Caicedo is worth that extra money.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Damned if we do, damned if we don’t!

CAF;: Why are you going for Mount?! Caicedo is the better player!!

*Goes for Caicedo*

Also CAF: Why are you going for Caicedo, we have a limited budget! (Apparently) Go for a cheaper target!!

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
They're different situations though. Mount has a year left on his deal, while Caicedo just signed a new deal. Chelsea moved on Kovacic to City for £30m quickly but assumed they could get United to pay £65m for Mount because United have been largely inept in the transfer market for years. It would make more sense to pay £70-80m for Caicedo than £60m for Mount.
I get what you’re saying but if we’ve only a certain amount of funds then the cheaper option is the best as we need a ST and GK. would help if we knew how to sell players but we’re useless at it so we’re relying on an actual budget.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The alternative to Mount would be some like Kudus. Caicedo is a greater need imo and he can also be developed as top class #8. He was a box to box player before De Zerbi changed his position and he will likely develop into a well rounded CM.

Woodenlung

Brighton are a very tough side to negotiate with. They sold Cucurella for a bomb, got a great deal on Trossard and fended off Arsenal's pursuit of Caicedo as well.as getting him to commit to a new contract.

I've no faith in United that they'd manage to prize Caicedo away. Genuinely think it's Mount or nothing.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Well if this is actually true it just means United values Mount at £55M and they value Caicedo quite a bit higher than that.

Cathy Ferguson

Well if this is actually true it just means United values Mount at £55M and they value Caicedo quite a bit higher than that.
That would leave us with 20-25m less to spend on a striker. Does not make any sense at all.

Bwuk

Much more logical signing than Mount to be honest looking at profile of our squad.

CM

Caicedo would be an excellent signing. Hope these most recent reports are true.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Monitoring is a completely pointless term, everyone in this thread and on Twitter is 'monitoring' transfers. Us being in negotiations is another thing altogether, especially if it's been going on for a while.
No it's not.

They have more inside knowledge than us, so they'll monitor the situation. United will know when Chelsea have bid, because they'd have asked Brighton to be kept abrest of the situation, so, if they could, they'd bid as well. Hence why "monitoring" the situation, makes perfect sense.

Which is why I don't understand why fans get so upset with the term "monitoring"

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Should 100% get Caicedo and then come back for Mount on a free or January on cheap.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Yup, so obvious

cyberman

No it's not.

They have more inside knowledge than us, so they'll monitor the situation. United will know when Chelsea have bid, because they'd have asked Brighton to be kept abrest of the situation, so, if they could, they'd bid as well. Hence why "monitoring" the situation, makes perfect sense.

Which is why I don't understand why fans get so upset with the term "monitoring"
There were reports that we asked Brighton to keep us informed of any move for the player.
A lot of posters laughed at the time

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
Would be an excellent signing for you or any top side in the world as I’ve said repeatedly in this thread. With a fee north of £80m though, I would be concerned with how the other transfers you urgently need (specifically a striker, a centre back and possibly a goalkeeper) will be funded.

Brighton have shown no reported interest, however tenuous or weak the source, in any Manchester United players including youngsters, so it would seem to be the full fee or nothing. With respect, there is no evidence that the players Manchester United are expected to move on would be considered for our first team. Specifically Fred, Maguire, McTominay et al.

We have been consistently linked with Chelsea players however (Gallagher, Broja, Colwill, David Fofana) so there is perhaps some room for negotiation on that front, although I still think a P/X is unlikely because they so rarely happen in top level football.

I think Mount will be the guy you sign after all is said and done, but I’d rather have Caicedo if I supported Manchester United. He’s the business.

redshaw

We'll probably face the same problem of a fee we're not comfortable paying. We'll pay 70-80m and Brighton want 100m.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Players don’t need to be in the stadium in order to agree personal terms. Phones work really well.
bizarre post
He's in ECUADOR, not Mars. Besides, most of the legwork is done by agents and other intermediaries.
:lol:

We'll probably face the same problem of a fee we're not comfortable paying. We'll pay 70-80m and Brighton want 100m.

At least Brighton have seen that we won’t entertain stupid offers though.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Would be an excellent singing for you or any top side in the world as I’ve said repeatedly in this thread. With a fee north of £80m though, I would be concerned with how the other transfers you urgently need (specifically a striker, a centre back and possibly a goalkeeper) will be funded.

Brighton have shown no reported interest, however tenuous or weak the source, in any Manchester United players including youngsters, so it would seem to be the full fee or nothing. With respect, there is no evidence that the players Manchester United are expected to move on would be considered for our first team. Specifically Fred, Maguire, McTominay et al.

We have been consistently linked with Chelsea players however (Gallagher, Broja, Colwill, David Fofana) so there is perhaps some room for negotiation on that front, although I still think a P/X is unlikely because they so rarely happen in top level football.

I think Mount will be the guy you sign after all is said and done, but I’d rather have Caicedo if I supported Manchester United. He’s the business.
Do United need another defensive midfielder when we already have Casemiro? We need someone who would compliment him and play by his side.

kaku06

Vulgarian
So we have decided to spend close to £100m for a player who wasn’t the priority in the beginning. Not to mention the tight budget we have. Sounds bullshit to me. I’d love us to sign both Caicedo and Mount though if we could.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I’d much prefer we signed Caicedo than Mount but I fear this is just a ploy to push Chelsea into accepting our offer for Mount as Caicedo is their main target (Mount sale will also fund it)

kaku06

Vulgarian
It's a bit too transparent though don't you think?

Either the interest is true, or we're hoping Chelsea are even more stupid at selling than they are at buying.
That’s why I’m doubting because it’s so transparent. As soon as our third bid is rejected, we go after a player that chelsea are after and who would cost almost double. Some alternate that is given our budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.