g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_toad

Seems odd Liverpool can't afford to match Southampton's 50 million valuation, but are now in the running for a player with near double the valuation :houllier:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Seems odd Liverpool can't afford to match Southampton's 50 million valuation, but are now in the running for a player with near double the valuation :houllier:
Ye I think it’s just to scare Southampton into selling Lavia. Hope the scousers don’t sign Caicedo.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
They can afford Lavia, they just don't think he's worth what Southampton want.

I can afford to buy a Chinese takeaway meal for £20, that doesn't mean I'm willing to pay £10 for a Mars Bar.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I don't think he's the type of midfielder that fits what Ten Hag wants in his system so not overly bothered where he goes.

Red_toad

They can afford Lavia, they just don't think he's worth what Southampton want.

I can afford to buy a Chinese takeaway meal for £20, that doesn't mean I'm willing to pay £10 for a Mars Bar.
He's certainly not worth 100 million, so why would they wish to spend that much on him? Might as well pay half and develop a player. They're 2 million off Lavia's fee, so I'd say they have issues raising the funds if that's the case. Unless you have access to what the boards plans are? Their revenue will be vastly reduced this season and they probably need 2 more players, not 1

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This can only be a good thing for Brighton. I hope someone comes on the blind-side and swipes Lavia away aswell.

OverratedOpinion

This is a nightmare. Please not Liverpool
Are you really that worried?

He's had about 50 games at top level and Liverpool are choosing to build their entire midfield around 2 Brighton players. We saw what happened with Bissouma, Cucarella and even their management structure when they left Brighton with their Midas touch.

He might be great but it's a gamble. Especially when the third player in that midfield is a player from the Bundesliga with mixed reviews from those who watch that league.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Are you really that worried?

He's had about 50 games at top level and Liverpool are choosing to build their entire midfield around 2 Brighton players. We saw what happened with Bissouma, Cucarella and even their management structure when they left Brighton with their Midas touch.

He might be great but it's a gamble. Especially when the third player in that midfield is a player from the Bundesliga with mixed reviews from those who watch that league.
I think Mac Allister and Caicedo was amazing last year. Their midfield bullied a few great sides. I think they will have better player next to them than at Brighton. They are 24 and 21. They are very suitable for Klopps style of play. And they are likely to get better. That is their midfield sorted to 2032!

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I think Mac Allister and Caicedo was amazing last year. Their midfield bullied a few great sides. I think they will have better player next to them than at Brighton. They are 24 and 21. They are very suitable for Klopps style of play. And they are likely to get better. That is their midfield sorted to 2032!
If only football worked that way.

Real Name

I would prefer him at United. But, i feel like we could be in the market for someone as good as him next season when casemiro role switches from being a starter

I have to be honest, Chelsea scouting department has been top notch in their acquisition of young talented players and identifying players that suit Pochettino ideology. Even though they have struggled to bring first team player to his team, they are looking at the right players. Caceido is exactly the type of players Pochettino needs, but I feel that a combination of lavia and Caceido is better for him. Caceido isn't really a ball carrier, while lavia is. And Pochettino has always had those type of ball carriers in his team from midfield. Ideally for Pochettino

---------------------------Lavia
------------------Caceido - enzo
Kudus(cherki/felix) ------ nkunku/mudryk
--------------------------- jackson

But I can see it being

Caceido - Enzo
Olise - nkunku - mudryk
Jackson
I see you're really into Chelsea. Your favorite team this year?

OverratedOpinion

Oh they were both very good. I think the thing is that they are 2 players that will need to adapt and have a fairly small window of playing well in a team that is extremely well organized for players to succeed.

I'm not even for a second saying either won't be excellent. I am just saying it's not a forgone conclusion and definitely not something striking fear into my heart right now.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Can we just have Caicedo walk out at HT at the Bridge on Sunday and do a gender reveal style reveal on the team he’s choosing.

“I’m taking my talents to” and then poof, fire off a red or blue smoke bomb.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I see you're really into Chelsea. Your favorite team this year?
Nah, I just love watching football especially clubs that are making the right moves. Manchester United will always be my favorite team. Chelsea seems to be ticking alot of the right boxes since hiring Pochettino. I can see it paying off if some of these deals come through.

can't believe a team Like Chelsea after last season can still lure a talent like Caceido and even keep some of their star player like colwill. Something must have happen this summer to get players interested in their project. I want to see where this project goes.

Last edited:

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Part of me thinks this is both sides (Chelsea and Liverpool), who know each other well, gave orchestrated a drama to paper over the fact they are both going to give in and pay the asking prices they’ve wasted months trying to avoid for their players.

Instead of : “ Liverpool and Chelsea both cave in pursuit of players”

It could be “Chelsea edge out Liverpool for Caicedo through previous work put in, but Liverpool get the man they wanted all along for 50m less!”

If true that could be a genius move.

Because both fanbases would rightfully annoyed the teams wasted months of integrating their respective players.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Part of me thinks this is both sides (Chelsea and Liverpool), who know each other well, gave orchestrated a drama to paper over the fact they are both going to give in and pay the asking prices they’ve wasted months trying to avoid for their players.

Instead of : “ Liverpool and Chelsea both cave in pursuit of players”

It could be “Chelsea edge out Liverpool for Caicedo through previous work put in, but Liverpool get the man they wanted all along for 50m less!”

If true that could be a genius move.

Because both canvases would rightfully annoyed the teams wasted months of integrating their respective players.
what the feck are you on about

cyberman

Brighton have played a blinder here.
I still can’t believe these prices. You’re more likely to hit the jackpot if you bring through a good DM than a good striker in todays market

Gandalf

Brighton have played a blinder here.
I still can’t believe these prices. You’re more likely to hit the jackpot if you bring through a good DM than a good striker in todays market
It seems to be the position that is flavour of the month. Personally feel this and Rice are just mental fees but as mentioned many times before, once Enzo went for over 100M after 6 months in Portugal it completely reset the market for midfielders.

LM7

Supports
chelsea
It seems to be the position that is flavour of the month. Personally feel this and Rice are just mental fees but as mentioned many times before, once Enzo went for over 100M after 6 months in Portugal it completely reset the market for midfielders.
Enzo was signed only because a release clause was triggered.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
what the feck are you on about
It might be a little high concept to grasp. And probably not what’s going g on, but it would be a creative possibility. The ownership group of Liverpool and Chelsea know each other VERY well. Fenway was key is helping consult on the purchase and structure front office, etc.

BOTH teams face a situation where they were the only ones really bidding on their player, time was running out , and the other teams hadn’t budged even a dollar spent nice the start. They were close to wasting an e tire Sumner just to pay he price they were told to pay the beginning.

And the fact that they would look to have completely caved would have been the only story.

NOW the story will be who edged out who in the “bidding” for the players. There will be purpose to the extra money, and the story around the signings will be different.

If that is inadvertent, then maybe it’s just good fortune? … assuming they get the players they each wanted.

The “new” offer Chelsea is sending Sounds suspiciously like the offer Brighton said we had to send in when it was leaked we had a medical set up already, etc.

But now we have to do it to beat a rival to a player, not just because we cave in to everything Brighton wants.

Liverpool can up their bid for the man they can rightful lot say they wanted all along with the same backdrop. Our two teams have been in remarkably similar situations s with these negotiations

cyberman

It’s unreal. Say both sides needed a DM 12 months ago when Lavia was a reserve and Caicedo was just back from loan in Belgium somewhere. These fees tells us there would have been nobody good enough out there for them to sign.
Both teams are caught up in this narrow outlook that’s turned to madness

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Nothing genius about finally paying the original asking price.
It is if people aren’t making that the e tire story around the signing. You are right. They wasted an entire Summer integrating a pivotal player into his new team.

But the genius would be in framing he story differently after making that mistake so people aren’t pointing it out every 5 minutes.

Now it would be “They we’re playing hardball, but then Liverpool stepped in and they had no choice but to go higher”

That’s a different story, with a different theme.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
There’s a reason the Chelsea fans here are here and not on shed end. It’s awful. But to be honest, most oppo forums I’ve looked at has been a cesspool, Bluemoon being the worst of them all. The caf is genuinely one of a kind.
Yep agree with this.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
It’s unreal. Say both sides needed a DM 12 months ago when Lavia was a reserve and Caicedo was just back from loan in Belgium somewhere. These fees tells us there would have been nobody good enough out there for them to sign.
Both teams are caught up in this narrow outlook that’s turned to madness
We are still signing Tyler Adams. And Santos is going to be really, really good. They legitimately had interest in 5 other players including Alvarez, who they had term agreements with…. But they just feel Caicedo or possibly Lavia are THE pieces needed.

So, not as myopic in their search as people make it sound

Status
Not open for further replies.