g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

So my gloating Liverpool mates will be pulled back to Europa League and no midfield tomorrow. Plus love that they showed their hand and all players Liverpool try to sign will be 25% more expensive after this. Thank you God.
Very strange 12 hours

criticalanalysis

What the flying feck?!!!

Been out all day and just catching up to this now. Sad he's not leaving for us but :lol: @ Liverpool

Last edited:

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
The market just keeps getting crazier. These numbers are insane and not sustainable because these fees aren't rising in proportion to average club revenues.
We've said that every few years. Maybe the upper most level hasn't risen but the floor for average/good/great players keeps rising.

The average PL club revenues have continued to rise with the bigger and better media deals, which then bring in bigger sponsorship. It's all linked

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
too defensive to be the main starting three though?
Not at all. Both Enzo and Caicedo are not your typical sitting back DMs. But I would also say that I havent watched them a lot. Just based on a handful number of games. So I might very well be wrong.

quadrant

I completely forgot Chelsea play Liverpool this weekend. Should be a spicy one.

cyberman

We've said that every few years. Maybe the upper most level hasn't risen but the floor for average/good/great players keeps rising.

The average PL club revenues have continued to rise with the bigger and better media deals, which then bring in bigger sponsorship. It's all linked
It’s a waste of time. There is no point in raising revenues of it’s just paid out on rising transfer fees anyway.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
I read that Independiente del Valle have a 20% sell on clause? So they're standing to make £20+ million from this.

£20 million for an Ecuadorian club side. They must be frothing at the mouth.
Yeah it's going to be huge for them. The £20M from the sell-on clause is around the same as their six highest ever sales put together, which includes Caicedo's move to Brighton and five other major sales.

Independiente del Valle are also in for a big pay day in two years when Kendry Paez, now 16, joins Chelsea. The transfer fee for that move is around £17M, though it's been said the base fee is only maybe half of that and the rest are add-ons. The move's already been confirmed but will only go through in 2025 once the player turns 18.

mintyred

This reminds me of the Antony transfer last year. A club is obsessed with a player so much that they're willing to massively overspend on him to the point they're not even worth it anymore. The club forgets that there is a world of players out there, and all this does is inflate the market even more.

It's daylight robbery, and someone at clubs needs to pull the decision-makers back and allow them to see the bigger picture. Caicedo is class but feck me, he's never going to live up to this price tag like Antony, Mudryk, Fernandes, etc.

I truly hope Chelsea get him. Firstly to increase the money theyre wasting, secondly to laugh at the scousers.

Either way im glad its not us. Hes nowhere near a 111m player and when his manager says 'I've already forgotten about him' it's not exactly a ringing endorsement of his character.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Don’t think I’ve ever seen 2 clubs fighting for 2 players in the same positions before. Let alone they play each other this weekend. That’s gonna spice things up

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Had a great season, but £110 million for one good season maybe the craziest transfer of all time
I’m glad we’re not apart of it and at least now the talk about Pogba can stop. People can start judging Rice, Fernandez, Caicedo.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
3 midfielders signed for £280m.

£150m or so from Havertz, Mount and Kovacic.

So we can take a lot of credit along with Arsenal for funding this insanity by massively overpaying for their surplus.
Massively overpaying for Mount is an exaggeration.

Paying £115m for Caicedo is massively overpaying.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
Any Ideas as to why Liverpool offered 111 mill ?

It was seemingly known all summer that Brighton wanted 100.
Kind of why arsenal offered 105m for Rice. Basically to fend off other party, worked with ManCity as they did not even need him in the first place was never going to work with Boehly.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

LM7

Supports
chelsea
Adams deal broke down well that's an extra £20m for Chelsea to put towards this
I called this 2 days ago. Chelsea only triggered his release clause so as to be able to assess the extent of his injuries b
Unless Sterling and Mudryk get going then you're lacking fire power, especially without Nkunku. I don't think Madueke looks anything amazing and I think you need to upgrade on him. Off the top of my head you don't have another RW do you?
Olise is being signed for the RW position.
This reminds me of the Antony transfer last year. A club is obsessed with a player so much that they're willing to massively overspend on him to the point they're not even worth it anymore. The club forgets that there is a world of players out there, and all this does is inflate the market even more.

It's daylight robbery, and someone at clubs needs to pull the decision-makers back and allow them to see the bigger picture. Caicedo is class but feck me, he's never going to live up to this price tag like Antony, Mudryk, Fernandes, etc.
Itis easier for Caicedo to live up to the price tag than Antony. He is a DM and isn't judged on goals or assists.

Bosnian red

Hector Willis must the most Bosnian name in history.
:) I wasn't clear, actually Bosnian media took that British journalist as the source for this ' news' :)

I thought that you maybe know who is he, that's why wanted to check this.

Fake probably

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Right, it's 2am. Been awake for 18 hours. Anyone remind me how many bids were made by Chelsea before I go to sleep?
Good morning people. What was Chelsea's bid? I can't be bothered to trawl through everywhere to find out.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Good morning people. What was Chelsea's bid? I can't be bothered to trawl through everywhere to find out.
They're probably pretty relaxed about the situation knowing that they don't have any serious competition for his signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.