Moises Caicedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Could have had him for £5m. Instead we're interested when he'll be like £75m. :lol: So typical.
We would've c*cked up his development to be fair. I mean, look at our two recent high profile young players we've signed in Amad and Pellestri. We don't know what to do with them. :lol:

Robbie Boy

We would've c*cked up his development to be fair. I mean, look at our two recent high profile young players we've signed in Amad and Pellestri. We don't know what to do with them. :lol:
Exactly. Brighton are incredibly good at not just spotting young talent, but also nurturing them and phasing them info the first team properly.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Problem is we as a club think we're too "big" to get these kids in and play them while they're still learning, same with Pellestri and Amad, just give them game time, can they really be worse than Rashford and Elanga?

We could have got Enzo Fernandez, Caicedo and Alvarez for £35m combined.
Indeed, it’s so frustrating that we never seem to get them in, but I don’t get the “LOL, the clubs a joke” about this. He’s gone to Brighton and proved he’s good enough for the league now, so let’s get him in now

Ekeke

Yeah this one has the makings of a 30 million signing after being available for cheap and being linked in the media when he was cheap

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Monitoring, register interest, enquire, deadline passed. “We tried”.

Could have got him from the beginning :lol:

Im sure this is BS anyway, is this reporter reliable?

redcucumber

Yeah this one has the makings of a 30 million signing after being available for cheap and being linked in the media when he was cheap
Very much doubt they'll accept £30m. Every man and his dog know how desperate we are.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Think it's extremely unlikely Brighton sell anyway, after Cucurella and Bissouma.

Castia

I remember when he almost joined us. Another master stroke by us.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
It was too many different agents involved, too tricky for Woodward to get his head around, yet Brighton handled it with ease.
Brighton didn’t handle it with ease, it was a very complicated transfer. The advantage we had is that we had dealt with a number of the same people a year or two earlier when we did the Billy Arce transfer.

luke511

Indeed, it’s so frustrating that we never seem to get them in, but I don’t get the “LOL, the clubs a joke” about this. He’s gone to Brighton and proved he’s good enough for the league now, so let’s get him in now
Yep there's nothing hilarious about paying Brighton an extra £60 million for a season's worth of development in the Premier League, in a position where we could've quite easily developed him ourselves.

Thiagoal

He seems like a decent player but I think some are going overboard. He’s certainly no prime Makalele yet and I’m not sure how good he’s look in the midst of our lot

Name Changed

weso26
We don't develop players. He would have got worse had he joined us. Our recent record with developing young players isn't exactly stellar.

El Capitano

That's clearly nonsense. He was a complete unknown, a punt by Brighton. It worked out very well for them, but it's not like he was the obvious next superstar we decided to pass on
Do you even watch South American qualifiers? He certainly was not an unknown. He’s proven himself with the best in the continent.

Blood Mage

A player we should have been looking at earlier in the window when we could have got him for a reasonable price. Brighton would fleece us now and rightly so. The arrogance of this club to think that we could get away without signing a DM this summer, reality has hit home now but it's probably too late.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Somehow li
Yep there's nothing hilarious about paying Brighton an extra £60 million for a season's worth of development in the Premier League, in a position where we could've quite easily developed him ourselves.
I am curious which player has developed while playing for Man Utd lately.

blackhawk747

Supports
Carrick FC
he only played 8 times last season and loaned out to belgium. Some of the brigton fans already talk about him being a flop. Where is this rumor come from?

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
As a Brighton fan, the comments here are an almost carbon-copy repeat of the Cucurella/Ben White threads on the Chelsea/Manchester City/Leeds forums. It’s very interesting to view other team’s opinions on our players, especially bigger teams than us like Manchester United.

Can I just clarify a few things about our club, to hopefully help a little with your understanding of how the Albion operate?

Our policy is essentially moneyball, we sign and develop these very promising young players by giving them a development plan into first team football. Ben White played one season of Premier League football - sold for £50m. Cucurella one season of PL football - sold for £60m.

Our chairman Tony Bloom has a policy of “nobody is for sale” with our best players. We don’t slap price tags on players, we simply reject bids until they become impossible to decline financially. Anything you read in the press about “Brighton demanding X figure” is clickbait nonsense.

Brighton rejected bids of £25m, then £30m from Leeds for Ben White, eventually getting double the original offer. We rejected a £30m bid from Manchester City, eventually getting double the original offer.

Which brings me to fan expectations of bigger clubs when it comes to securing our players. There is an expectation from some (not all) fans of clubs like United, that they just need to come in and make a bid with a price tag *they* feel is acceptable, and the deal will be done.

“Let’s just pay £30m and get Caicedo”.

This is never how it has worked with our club under Tony Bloom. Caicedo will not be available for £30m.

Even when Manchester City’s shenanigans trying to force a move (their manipulation of Fabrizio Romano via Cucurella’s agent) were apparent, and drew a transfer request from the player, Brighton’s transfer and contract policy completely protected them from lowball offers.

Brighton transfer policy is very clear, they offer long contracts (4-5 years), they do not allow release clauses, they do not allow buy-back clauses when purchasing or request them when selling. Every deal is a one and done, straight shot.

Whether it’s Manchester United, Real Madrid or PSG the policy is the same. We only sell if we don’t want the player, or if the offer becomes outrageous.

£30m, as an example given above by an optimistic poster, is not a realistic offer.

Caicedo, aged 20, with three years left on his deal, playing in the top league in the world, with no release clauses, with the club having no financial need or obligation to sell… realistically the transfer fee would be in the £60-80m region.

I know lots will know this already, but I’m already seeing the same comments repeating from the other forums. The days of big clubs going and taking talent from the “lesser” clubs for pennies is over I’m afraid guys.

Reactions: sizzling sausages

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Too late, we will be charged Frenkie sums here. Is he much better than Doucoure for example, I don't think so.

Look for cheaper alternatives across Europe
What are you basing that on

We had our chance with this one, though. And fecked it as per.

Mainoldo

Love the could of had him for £5m :lol:

like Ole would of played him and he’d be the player we see today. He’d be in the same category as Amad and Facundo which is why I prefer for these players to make the Brighton type move.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Not ideal give we could have had him cheaper. But we did a similar thing with Sancho. It would still be a good move for big money I think, he will make a huge difference to our midfield. He's practically a 2-midfielders-for-1 package, he mops up all over the pitch. Go back and watch his latest game against us, killing attacks on both sides of the pitch, breakaways etc. He had their keeper pinging balls to him with Mctominay on his back and he'd not only get away from Mctominay but initiate attacks.

Chief123

Why are we so hell bent on chasing transfers which start off already very difficult to complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.