Film Most Bamboozling Movies You've Seen

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Go on.

I saw Dune before reading the novel and felt tricked into watching whatever the feck that was.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Home Alone 2.

How can the same family make the same fecking mistake again? Baffling.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
About 450 possession films which had great trailers but then turned out to be at the level where @pauldyson1uk would not just turn off, but actually throw his TV out the window.

Fingeredmouse

Transformers 2. Spectacularly nonsensical plot punctuated by bewildering, loud yet boring action sections consisting of indistinguishable robots leathering the crap out of each other for no discernable reason.

Oh, and the phantom menace. Absolute head feck trying to work out the plot line or the motivation of any characters.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Can't remember the name but it was set in a bizarre future with a guy reflecting on his life and then had about 3000 alternative realities from his life.

Edit: Mr Nobody.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Vanilla Sky was the first movie I watched where I genuinely hadn't a clue what the feck was going on for a large part of the film.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I watched tinker tailor soldier spy on a long flight recently, and as I was knackered beyond belief I didn’t understand any of it. Is it a confused film? Or was I just being thick? Couldn’t even tell you what it was about or who was in it to be honest. Was fecked.

Minimalist

I wouldn't finish most of these 'mental' films.

One that comes to mind is Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut. I mean there's a story somewhat there I guess.

Eraserhead is probably the classic isn't it?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I watched tinker tailor soldier spy on a long flight recently, and as I was knackered beyond belief I didn’t understand any of it. Is it a confused film? Or was I just being thick? Couldn’t even tell you what it was about or who was in it to be honest. Was fecked.
Was the same for me. Got lost halfway through, fell asleep and never watched it again. Not sure tbh, maybe we're both thick, but at least you're not alone.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I really liked it but if you hadn't read the book(s) or seen the original TV series it might have been hard to understand.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The Loss of Sexual Innocence

The non-linear storytelling doesn't quite hide the fact that this is one of the worst films ever made. Do not watch as you will never get this time back. The Adam and Eve parallel story is particularly excruciatingly bad. Something a 1st year film student in the 80's would have thought a good idea.

Nearly 20 years later friends still take the piss that I chose this to rent at Blockbuster. Great fecking evening that was.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I really liked it but if you hadn't read the book(s) or seen the original TV series it might have been hard to understand.
Was the same for me. Got lost halfway through, fell asleep and never watched it again. Not sure tbh, maybe we're both thick, but at least you're not alone.
Great book(s). Love John Le Carre

RedDevil@84

Which movie has a girl constantly shrieking like crazy.
War of the Worlds? Some disaster movie like that.

I so wanted to throw her out of the car

spwd

Same here, i gave up half way through.

Predestination has to be on this list, i liked the film but its crackers and more recently Mother with JLaw, wtf was that?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Sixth Sense and Oldboy bamboozled you with their ending.

Terrence Malick bamboozles you into thinking he's entertaining by hiring decent actors and probably paying off someone for good reviews.

Nocturnal Animals makes out to be some kind of psycholigal thriller but it's just a pointless story in order for somehow-fashion designer-turned director Tom Ford to show his hatred of women.

GloryHunter07

Love that movie, fantastic cast. Definitely worth a rewatch or read the book if you have time.

What @fishfingers15 said

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Red Sparrow

It's about 2.3 hours too long (it's run time is 2.5), carboard story, characters everything.

Fecking terrible.

Tarrou

About 450 possession films which had great trailers but then turned out to be at the level where @pauldyson1uk would not just turn off, but actually throw his TV out the window.
Well there isn't a lot of places possession movies can go is there? At some point you need to strap them to a bed and shout Jesus stuff at them until the demon comes out, or doesn't, and they die instead.