g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Mourinho extends contract to 2020 (option for a further year as standard)

99fan

Guys, is this the 1st time Jose signs a contract extension in his managerial career?

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Delighted with this news, what a week its been.

Forget Woody looking delighted look at the face on Jose, beaming like a Cheshire cat!

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
I still have my doubts he we will actually be here here in 2020. but this is his squad now, we've backed him to the hilt financially so makes sense we give him the new contract.
Why do you still seemingly have doubts that he might not be here in 2020??

What are the reasons for harbouring such doubts?

ajf75

Serious question what will Jose do after 2020 because I can't see him staying longer than that? He will 56/57 by the time the contract ends and that's still a very young age for a manager. He's a long way away from retirement so where will he go? PSG, Portugal national team, or somewhere else?
I reckon he’ll be with us until he takes the Portugal job. Can’t see him going anywhere that Pep’s been, and I expect Pep to make it to PSG before he does. I guess there’s a chance he’d want to rub Wenger’s nose in it by succeeding at Arsenal, but I can’t see Wenger being there till 2020/1, so it’d need them to do a Moyesvangle by then.

Traub

Is this the first time he has signed a contract extension at a club, or did he also extend at Madrid?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Like?

Good that we extended his contract. It‘s a good sign and since there is no other, better manager around, all fine. I hope he improves our attacking play though
1. Longest unbeaten home record in United history (40 games).
2. First manager in United history to win silverware in first season.
3. Highest win rate of all United managers, currently at 65% (Ferguson on 63%).

Fully Fledged

Stats mean nothing. So people on here keep telling me. I don't believe them.

hn4manunited

Nice!

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I can't help but be disappointed. We'd have nearly been five years into Moyes six year plan by now, better times :(
Seriously though, if only we'd been brave enough to stick by him. Look at the job he's done at West Ham. We'd be winning the title if we'd stuck with Moyes.
The LeagueOne title

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Nothing wrong with those figures. Enough to shut the haters up, that's for sure. From where we were, you couldn't ask for anymore to be honest.

Hansa

Listening to the interview, he seems to have won the Scudetto with Real Madrid. A little magician, if there ever was one.

Edit: Nah, just misheard.

Fully Fledged

Nothing wrong with those figures. Enough to shut the haters up, that's for sure. From where we were, you couldn't ask for anymore to be honest.
No they are good figures. Although I do get annoyed during runs like the one over Christmas the overall has been positive. Especially this season.

Fully Fledged

Listening to the interview, he seems to have won the Scudetto with Real Madrid. A little magician, if there ever was one.
No he got his contract extended with Inter when he won the Scudetto and Madrid after winning La Liga. Listen to it again.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I think most people will admit that is highly unlikely.
It is unlikely, beat Spurs on Wednesday and we'll be 11 points clear of them with only 13 games to play, but lose and it's down to five which is too close for comfort.

Wouldn't be surprised if it comes down to how deep into the Champions League ourselves, Liverpool and Tottenham go as to who finishes in the T4

Whilst we are all still in it we should be fine, but.....

hn4manunited

Those are the ones who would rather we play beauuuutifool football like spurs and Liverpool and Chelsea and Arsenal and and and City even if it means poorer stats and not getting results.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I think this is very prudent on behalf of the club. An extension to show our faith in him, but only, essentially, an extra year, to show he doesn't get a free ride.

José sees SAF as the pinnacle and trys to model himself on him. I think he wants to create a legacy.

Of course, next season will be his 'difficult' 3rd season. Hopefully, he doesn't implode :nervous:

Hansa

No he got his contract extended with Inter when he won the Scudetto and Madrid after winning La Liga. Listen to it again.
Yeah, I got on the 3rd or 4th attempt. He just has a strange way of phrasing his sentences. "Winning things.....with Inter......winning the Scudetto with Real.....winning La Liga"

SirAF

Ageist
I think this is very prudent on behalf of the club. An extension to show our faith in him, but only, essentially, an extra year, to show he doesn't get a free ride.

José sees SAF as the pinnacle and trys to model himself on him. I think he wants to create a legacy.

Of course, next season will be his 'difficult' 3rd season. Hopefully, he doesn't implode :nervous:
I don’t think that will happen, but next season is going to be extremely tedious as people will overanalyze every single comment or gesture he makes :lol:

PieCrust

Like the stability and hopefully being able to stabalize the squad instead of being in a constant state of re-building from previous managers.

Young Jose was my favorite manager of all time and I would love nothing more than for him to regain some of that happiness and can find fullfillment at Untied. Along with the trophies of course.

kaiz

Thank you. Very good interview. At 1:43, really surprised to see that.
I never buy the myth that by winning a cup the players will have a winning mentality, but I can see that it's really great for team spirit and team bonding. They fight together, celebrate together, overcome the difficulty together, they understand each other more. It's a great thing to see.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Ollie Holt really, really, REALLY hates us, right?