Mourinho or Pogba?

If it was an either/or situation, who would you rather United keep?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bestietom

Mourinho has lost the dressing room ( Again). It's time for him to bow out. This great club is like a circus now.

Stacks

I'm still befuddled that Mourinho wasn't sacked midway through his post-sevilla press conference, where he decided to take a dump on his players, the club, and gloat about it

At any other big club he'd have been punted into the sun for that

Pogba has been unprofessional in his interviews this season. Mourinho has been far, far worse, since midway through last season
Not in England. That's a very continental way of doing things, especially a Real Madrid way of doing things. It is not our 'eritage

House Mkhitaryan

Which is the more likely result...
  1. We sell Pogba in January, stick with Jose and he turns it around and has us playing winning football
  2. We fire Jose, keep Pogba and bring in a new manager who turns it around and has us playing winning football
To me the answer is obvious.

ash_86

If he wants Mourinho out, he's doing a better job and is showing more understanding than Woodward. Pogba for CEO!
Well he might as well take up another job as he's clearly not doing his footballing side any justice.

edn33

Sack Fergie, sell Giggs, sign Mourinho and help me
Fergie had a stance that no player is bigger than the club. When Becks was flying high and his ego was getting in the way he was offloaded to RM.

Similarly when Rooney tried to boast and said the club lacked ambition he was nearly booted out.

So now with Pogba, he is clearly a very good player so should we handle this situation any differently? Players must perform on the pitch, respect the manager and keep their comments in check. The Captain job is also to help keep the team together. I seriously doubt if Pogba could freely run his mouth if Keano was still playing for us? Keano had famously gone after Rio after some sloppy performances despite Rio earning a whopping 100k weekly.

United can survive without Pogba as we have other midfielders. However, can we survive without JM at this moment in time? Do those calling for his head already have a more dynamic manager in the wing? Zidane perhaps..?

United played really well against Spurs but still lost the game. Some of the Utd stars are not playing well at all namely Sanchez, Lingard, Jones, Young etc. All these seem mere passengers to me.

How much of all that is going on now is down to the departure of JM trusted wing man Rui Farina?

Amir

Fergie had a stance that no player is bigger than the club. When Becks was flying high and his ego was getting in the way he was offloaded to RM.
People keep saying 'Fergie did this, Fergie did that'. Well, I'd say: Fergie did brilliantly. But he's kind of irrelevant now because he isn't the manager. And one the moment he retire, we've from from a very sheltered life of a Fergie club to just another big club. Where player power would exist.

Anyone who still thinks we are so different, special, that stuff like that would never happen to us, lives in dreamland.

Heck, we've already become Inter/Real of yesteryears. Celebrating buying player after player as if that will solve everything.

doriandun

For all those who would choose Pogba over Mourinho, let me ask you why did Deschamps not play Pogba left of a midfield three and why were Fance so defensive?
Pogba has played under Allegri, Conte, Mourinho and Deschamps, all classified as defensive, surely by now the penny should of dropped about releasing the ball early. and the defensive side of the game.

In Pogba first 6 Prem games this season.
Pogba has been dispossessed the most, he's had more unsusccessful touches, no interceptions, over 60 midfielder have made more tackles than him, remove the penalties, and all he's he's had 2 assist.

Didn't like the way he criticizied his team mates.

Still in the Jose camp

Last edited by a moderator:

Nikelesh Reddy

Mourinho every single day of the week...I”m just sick and tired of Pogbas shenanigans,he can get lost in the summer...

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Pogba but only because I don't Jose is taking us any further anyway. And Pogba might have more in him.

Negan

Mourinho. He actually cares about the club.

Baffles me to see how many people are taking Pogba’s side on this.

IAmAWinner

Pogba obviously. Mourinho is absolutely finished, while Pogba has shown he can be a world class player and in a right system (under a new manager, Zidane hopefully), he will thrive.

hn4manunited

I’ll always back the manager in these situations. You can always replace players. Players come and go. They are the tools. The managers are the brains and the ones that set out to use the tools.

Players who only has it out for themselves will never stay loyal to a club or its fans.

Pogba is not even good enough to be acting this way.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

A lot of people want both gone. But the main issue is Mourinho just not being suited to United at all. Pogba is a problem, but you could also say he cares about United, and thinks the best way for us to improve is for the manager to change (an increasingly popular view, and the obvious view IMO). I don't like Pogba, but the best thing for this club is for us to change the manager. Pogba going against Mourinho makes it very hard for Mourinho to stay here and succeed. Short term pain, long term gain.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I’ll always back the manager in these situations. You can always replace players. Players come and go. They are the tools. The managers are the brains and the ones that set out to use the tools.

Players who only has it out for themselves will never stay loyal to a club or its fans.

Pogba is not even good enough to be acting this way.
Managers come and go too and are easily replaceable. Managers as you say are in charge of everything. If everything is a mess, change the manager and someone else can get more out of them and get more out of these tools.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer

Pogba’s just a player. Mourinho’s the manager. Getting rid of a shite, past it manager will have much more of an effect on the team than selling an overpaid, unmotivated player. And for all we know, a decent man manager might be able to get the most out of Pogba and actually get him to care more.

3KDré

Carragher's point of view. I disagree with him in some aspects but I do understand exactly where he is coming from.

suhaylah

Someone bring out that list of quotes again. He's treated United just like any of his past employers - no different.
When he said that Manchester united lost to his Madrid and Porto team and implied that Manchester united are used to getting beaten, i think he lacked respect to the club.

suhaylah

Did the cun.t Carragher watch Pogba during the world cup? I think Pogba has played pretty well for us up to now this season. It's players like Sanchez and Lukaku who have been terrible this season.
I'm sure Carragher wants Mourinho to stay at Old trafford like the other Loserfool fans since they know Mourinho is toxic to our club. They are enjoying the situation at the moment.

Ether

For all those who would choose Pogba over Mourinho, let me ask you why did Deschamps not play Pogba left of a midfield three and why were Fance so defensive?
They couldn't play 3 in midfield because Griezmann had to play as a #10.

Canagel

Did the cun.t Carragher watch Pogba during the world cup? I think Pogba has played pretty well for us up to now this season. It's players like Sanchez and Lukaku who have been terrible this season.
I'm sure Carragher wants Mourinho to stay at Old trafford like the other Loserfool fans since they know Mourinho is toxic to our club. They are enjoying the situation at the moment.
Caraggher couldn't care less about the club. He would love nothing more than for Pogba to leave and Jose to stay. If you listen to someone like Rio he has nothing but positive things to say about Pogba. he knows the quality he has and his mentality because he was there when Pogba played for the club the first time. Why don't our fans trust his judgement instead?

Amir

End of the day, I'm looking at United's interest. There's no hope for Mourinho here, he should be off. Pogba? I'd like to see him under another manager. If it doesn't work, we can always get rid.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I feel like all those pundits are making a massive assumption that Pogba hasn't spoken personally to Mourinho about this before. I've seen some of Pogba's personality through documentaries and behind-the-scenes look with France, he doesn't strike me as someone afraid to speak up 1-on-1 with his coach or teammates. Now I may be making an equally massive assumption that he doesn't behave that way at United, but I feel they've had this talk in person many times in the past (and some of it may have been caught on the sidelines here and there), but if nothing changes after three years then I don't think there's anything wrong to speak up on it, especially if you take your share of the blame as well as Pogba's done.

Greck

Reminds of how we used to back Wenger when arsenal fans wanted him out. You only back the status quo at your rival's when it poses no threat to you.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Overall has Pogba come even close to justifying that ludicrous transfer fee in the two and a bit seasons he's been here. Not by a longshot.

buckooo1978

Pogba obviously

We'll support Mourinho until he goes but it will be a relief when he goes - the club is in a bad spot at the minute

we've a massive black cloud over us
we've a team that hasn't ever really performed under Jose
the players are performing less than the sum of their parts
scapegoatism is rife - it irritates me greatly to see fans picking apart Pogba/Lukaku etc every time we drop points when it's the team that isn't performing.
Progress has long gone and we've stagnated.
We are boring and being outplayed and outfought by limited sides
We look like a side on the way down rather than up
Will De Gea extend?
Will Martial extend?
It's shite on the pitch but increasingly its shite off the pitch too

We are so in need of a major change and some positivity - where we get that from I don't know but we are in a spiral of negativity under Jose and I think a defeat at the weekend might be it for Jose especially if we perform like we did against Derby

LJJT

I find some posts in here odd. Mourinho is a winner, he wants to win, he has the drive and passion to want to win, that’s why he’s so crazy I think cos he’s got a team in a mess and he knows he’s up against it. Pogba is Pogba, laid back fool who thinks he’s it, not arsed what happens good or bad. Got lucky in a France team that he was a bit part player in, in a ultra defensive team. I’m not a mourinho fan but I’m with him 100% on this he is doing right by the club. Pogba is not

spiriticon

The only real solution is to get rid of both. It leaves us in something of a shithole but it has to be done somehow.

No player or manager is bigger than the club, and unfortunately both seem to think they are.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I'm getting sick of the sight of their names in the press everyday, get rid of both and give us our club back.

We are going nowhere with this circus going on, send out the clowns.

Addled

If it is a choice then it has be Pogba.
If we get rid of Jose and get eg. Zidane in as replacement. What happens when Pogba decides that he doesn’t like ZZ’s tactics. Do we get another meltdown?
Get him out in January and have him keep the door open fo Jose in May.
Both gone an the club will be in a much better position.
As an aside if you were manager of Barca, Real, Juve etc would you be looking at Pogba recent behavior and thinking that you don’t need that type of aggro at your club? I wonder is he doing damage to his brand?

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Overall has Pogba come even close to justifying that ludicrous transfer fee in the two and a bit seasons he's been here. Not by a longshot.
This is 100% the most important point.

I can't even take to Pogba I wish we had never signed him. (Again).

Gandalf

I genuinely don't think there is an either or situation to be discussed here. I am fairly sure Raiola has decided to move Pogba on to the next cash cow and Paul is doing his level best to facilitate that by being controversial. So many comments about Pogba maybe flourishing under a new manager but I really don't think he gives a toss about that, he wants a move regardless and sooner or later he will get it.

Jose has not had the best of starts this season but I honestly don't give a toss about the Caribou Cup and the league is a marathon not a sprint. There have been some signs of more attacking play and the development of Shaw and Dalot is encouraging. Swapping managers after 7 games is knee jerk nonsense, if we are not in the top 4 by Christmas and there is no progress on the pitch then yes maybe it is time to consider a fresh face but not yet.