Mourinho tells Paul Pogba he'll never captain Manchester United again

Redo91

Are people blind? Pogba clearly extends his arm twice after shaking Carrick’s hand. He obviously offered to share JM’s hand.

el3mel

I didn't. I responded to a comment made that no player should be bigger than the manager, which obviously as a statement is false, because sometimes the manager is just plain wrong and the players need to get rid. As the case with Romas and Ronaldo at Madrid.

When a manager is the one who has fallings out with players at every club he is at when results don't go well, that person is likely the problem and the common denominator. That doesn't mean Pogba is absolved of any wrong doing. But the point I made was right.
Players can be bigger than manager when they are leading their club to success and trophies on their own and just had a bad spell here and there, so you sack managers as these players has been vital to the club success, their performance is ridiculously good and consistent, and won their club trophies, it becomes easy choice. Players like Messi, Ronaldo and Ramos earned their power over managers in their club.

Pogba has been mostly underwhelming and inconsistent for us. He did feck all so far for United, left us once and refused to stay for Fergie, and is pushing for move again now. His overall performance and commitment haven't earned himself any power to choose him over any manager, unlike Ronaldo, Messi and Hazard.

Mourinho needs to be sacked but it's not for Pogba's eyes, it's for the poor results and tactical shape. In fact, Pogba needs to feck off after Mourinho. He has been a complete prima donna and poison that is doing nothing on pitch to allow us to endure his circus.

When Ronaldo was bitching in the media to force Madrid to give him new contracts and pay rises, he was winning them the fecking CL every year scoring +40 goals every season. I will sack the whole board and coaching stuff while giving him the feck he wants with these trophies and numbers, it's ridiculous to think otherwise.

Pogba on the other hand is bitching in the media while he did feck all for his club, so nah, he needs to feck off following Mourinho. Enough of this circus him and his agent are doing. He didn't even do anything for us to justify us endurng this shite.

Time for a fresh start.

diarm

I'm not Pogba's biggest fan. I've always thought he needed to focus more on his football and less on his image.

But throughout this weeks circus, I can't help but feel that many United fans are backing the wrong horse here. Would Real Madrid have won 3 Champions Leagues on the bounce if their board had backed Jose over Ronaldo? Would Chelsea have won the league a couple of years ago had Abramovich got rid of Hazard when he was being blamed for the toxic atmosphere at their club?

Jose is a master of diversion and deflecting blame. It's always everyone else's fault but his. The tactics, the conservatism, the negative press and atmosphere around the club - it's all someone else.

Pogba can be a bit of a tit and maybe he shouldn't be talking shit to the press but if he doesn't, who else will? We're all starting to accept the bollocks to which our club is becoming accustomed to.

Some of our greatest players made mistakes on the ball. Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, Cantona, Rooney and many others got dispossessed on occasion, or lost the ball when attempting something exciting. The difference then was that the goal we conceded from such mistakes resulted in a 4-1 scoreline rather than a 1-1 or a 1-2. We only notice more and slam the player responsible these days because of our 1-0 and sit back philosophy.

Jose is responsible for that tactic, not Pogba and not anyone else at the club except for those who hired him knowing full well that was how he was going to come and play.

There are many arguments on here for why our style of play is so bad. Some say it's because Jose is too negative and fearful of mistakes, others that our attacking players aren't talented enough, some that our players have bad attitudes and lack the heart or desire to win, a few that we lack proper attack coaching and some say it's because our defence is shite and doesn't offer the security or the platform for our attack to build on.

At the end of the day, all of those fall at Jose's feet. He knows the expectations of how Manchester United should play and he is either refusing to, or is unable to meet them. It's either his tactics that aren't good enough, his coaching that isn't good enough, his recruitment that isn't good enough or his management of the egos, personalities and bad eggs within the squad that isn't good enough. He is into his third season at the club and has spent an absolute fortune to shape the squad as he wants. He has had ample time to ship bad eggs out or bring better personalities in but rather than improve us, the club has descended into farce.

I don't care if there is nobody available who ticks every single one of the boxes we need because the guy we have ticks absolutely none of them. There is no turning this around for Jose from here and delaying the inevitable will do us no favours at all. He needs to go.

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
I’ve done that with every Premier League season since I started watching Liverpool. I have odd flashes here and there like 2005.

I thought I was ready to stop in 13/14 but...
You mean the year they stopped the league campaign with 3 games to play? For no reason at all. Never understood that.

rooneyberbatov

They did shake hands. But it’s clear that we have two big egos clashing and they won’t let it go easily.

RedDevil@84

What did he said exactly? If its the attack attack attack tweet then Mou pretty much said the same thing during the post match against Derby. In fact he couldn't understand why we seem to vanish the moment we are a goal up.
The problem was not really on the attack attack. He continued saying things that players were not mobile and said "I'm not the manager".
Which looks like or is a dig at Jose or trying to say Jose coached everyone else to be immobile. Do not expect a club captain (2nd choice) to complain to media about his own team or manager.

Baxter

Even if Mourinho goes today, Pogba will still be pushing for a move at the end of the season.

If he had any love for Manchester United over and above a normal high-profile signing, he'd not have left the first time around.
At the end of the day it’s a career. He wasn’t getting too many games here, so he left. I’d hardly say it was the wrong decision for him as he went straight into the first team of one of the biggest teams in Europe.

Any player we’ll sign is a mercenary, and a player on that level will leave if we’re shit. Can’t expect them to be happy to stay if they feel we’re going backwards.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Wish Pogba would leave. Baggage at the same level of Messi and Ronaldo but with 1% of their output/contribution

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Players can be bigger than manager when they are leading their club to success and trophies on their own and just had a bad spell here and there, so you sack managers as these players has been vital to the club success, their performance is ridiculously good and consistent, and won their club trophies, it becomes easy choice. Players like Messi, Ronaldo and Ramos earned their power over managers in their club.

Pogba has been mostly underwhelming and inconsistent for us. He did feck all so far for United, left us once and refused to stay for Fergie, and is pushing for move again now. His overall performance and commitment haven't earned himself any power to choose him over any manager, unlike Ronaldo, Messi and Hazard.

Mourinho needs to be sacked but it's not for Pogba's eyes, it's for the poor results and tactical shape. In fact, Pogba needs to feck off after Mourinho. He has been a complete prima donna and poison that is doing nothing on pitch to allow us to endure his circus.

When Ronaldo was bitching in the media to force Madrid to give him new contracts and pay rises, he was winning them the fecking CL every year scoring +40 goals every season. I will sack the whole board and coaching stuff while giving him the feck he wants with these trophies and numbers, it's ridiculous to think otherwise.

Pogba on the other hand is bitching in the media while he did feck all for his club, so nah, he needs to feck off following Mourinho. Enough of this circus him and his agent are doing. He didn't even do anything for us to justify us endurng this shite.

Time for a fresh start.
Ok I see now.

Anyway I never said Pogba should be bigger. I disputed the fact that a player cannot be bigger than the manager.

Also right now Jose is the biggest issue at the club, I can deal with Pogba after we deal with Jose.

Also something to note, if players want to win and are playing for a manager who clearly isn't going to get them there, I don't want a bunch of yes men players who just go along with the manager. Jose's time is up.

If Pogba also goes I won't shed a tear, but I have zero issue with what he said about tactics the other day because quite frankly it had to be bloody said. Maybe it would have been better coming from the golden boy Lukaku

RedStarUnited

He just strikes me as one of those players that when the going gets tough, he's not interested.

If you fail to make the CL, Mina Raiola won't have him not play in the CL again, so he'll be gone.
He left us to join a Juve team with a much better midfield than ours.

He left a Juve team thats dominating their league and a CL challenger, to join us when were in our worst moment in recent times. And were not even in the CL.

Seems like the guy who likes a challenge doesnt it?

J@son

Could the "get out" be said in a different context? like "get out and train" The squad are back in training after an poor performance against Derby County, which resulted in the club exiting a cup Competition (first chance of silverware this season) in the first round. Mourinho was probably asking for focus as Pogba is high fiving everyone like the club had just progressed into the fourth round.

Ps if Pogba/Mourinho have been butting heads (the media would have you believe) for most part of the season, why does Pogba look so shocked?

redIndianDevil

But was that publicly? Imagine players and managers clash often but going to the media to criticise our style of play after being at fault for the goal that cost us points is different level delusion
Yeah well Moyes didn't ask Ferdinand to watch videos of Phil Jagielka publicly either. If Moyes had said so to the media, Ferdinand would have done something similar too.

SirAF

Ageist
He just strikes me as one of those players that when the going gets tough, he's not interested.

If you fail to make the CL, Mina Raiola won't have him not play in the CL again, so he'll be gone.
It's not up to Raiola though - he can't throw chairs to get his way with Woodward. If Pogba goes it will be for a world record fee (or close to it) as he still got four years left on his contract.

Karlos PFC

What if the boss is stupid and not up to the job at all but kept deflecting his short comings onto the people below him?
As far as I can tell the only person inside the team that really knows what United mean is Mourinho. Football style beside, the most important thing for all players of this club is to know what United is all about. And that is about trophies, domination, the fortress that OT was, serial winner mentality and things like that, that Paulie can't get his head around.

Paulie with his pizza guy have a personal agenda that goes against our club. They just want more money for a new pizzeria in Amsterdam or some shit like that. That fat bastard

Even at SAF years no-one was above the club either your name was RVN, CR , Beckham or Rooney.

If it was on me Paulie would be playing with the reserves until winter transfer period. After that he can take Alexis and whoever else is in the same state of mind and feck off to Barca or Real I don't give a shit.

Fellaini is one of my most hated players since ever. But I'd rather play with someone like him who gives a feck about winning than someone that cares only for his image/statistics/vain shit.

Cassidy

It's not up to Raiola though - he can't throw chairs to get his way with Woodward. If Pogba goes it will be for a world record fee (or close to it) as he still got four years left on his contract.
Indeed

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
This gets worse every passing day, I mean serious what the hell is going on at our club?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Sadly for Jose - fortunately for us - there is absolutely no options available to justify dropping Pogba.

We’re in a weird situation where losing a CM would actually be more detemental than losing our manager.

Cassidy

Sadly for Jose - fortunately for us - there is absolutely no options available to justify dropping Pogba.

We’re in a weird situation where losing a CM would actually be more detemental than losing our manager.
He dropped Pogba last season vs Sevilla, don't be so sure he won't do it again.

charlenefan

What happened at Chelsea...
This is worse, we're a fecking laughing stock and there's absolutely no one of power sitting either of the children down and telling them to grow the feck up

Roger777

Just sick and tired of the whole saga between them both. Pogba, his big time Charlie ego and his clown of an agent should just feck off. He swans around with this pathetic swagger thinking he owns the place and produces nothing most of the time. Fergie was right about him.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Why have we got sky cameras in carrington today ? We never have sky cameras in training. Has Pogba set this up ? Can he give the go ahead for sky to come in ? If not who could possibly have staged this :rolleyes:

Ronaldo's Love Child

I'm not Pogba's biggest fan. I've always thought he needed to focus more on his football and less on his image.

But throughout this weeks circus, I can't help but feel that many United fans are backing the wrong horse here. Would Real Madrid have won 3 Champions Leagues on the bounce if their board had backed Jose over Ronaldo? Would Chelsea have won the league a couple of years ago had Abramovich got rid of Hazard when he was being blamed for the toxic atmosphere at their club?

Jose is a master of diversion and deflecting blame. It's always everyone else's fault but his. The tactics, the conservatism, the negative press and atmosphere around the club - it's all someone else.

Pogba can be a bit of a tit and maybe he shouldn't be talking shit to the press but if he doesn't, who else will? We're all starting to accept the bollocks to which our club is becoming accustomed to.

Some of our greatest players made mistakes on the ball. Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, Cantona, Rooney and many others got dispossessed on occasion, or lost the ball when attempting something exciting. The difference then was that the goal we conceded from such mistakes resulted in a 4-1 scoreline rather than a 1-1 or a 1-2. We only notice more and slam the player responsible these days because of our 1-0 and sit back philosophy.

Jose is responsible for that tactic, not Pogba and not anyone else at the club except for those who hired him knowing full well that was how he was going to come and play.

There are many arguments on here for why our style of play is so bad. Some say it's because Jose is too negative and fearful of mistakes, others that our attacking players aren't talented enough, some that our players have bad attitudes and lack the heart or desire to win, a few that we lack proper attack coaching and some say it's because our defence is shite and doesn't offer the security or the platform for our attack to build on.

At the end of the day, all of those fall at Jose's feet. He knows the expectations of how Manchester United should play and he is either refusing to, or is unable to meet them. It's either his tactics that aren't good enough, his coaching that isn't good enough, his recruitment that isn't good enough or his management of the egos, personalities and bad eggs within the squad that isn't good enough. He is into his third season at the club and has spent an absolute fortune to shape the squad as he wants. He has had ample time to ship bad eggs out or bring better personalities in but rather than improve us, the club has descended into farce.

I don't care if there is nobody available who ticks every single one of the boxes we need because the guy we have ticks absolutely none of them. There is no turning this around for Jose from here and delaying the inevitable will do us no favours at all. He needs to go.
Good post. It's easy to get dragged into the latest storyline of "The Only Way is Old Trafford". If Pogba left tomorrow we would still NOT be playing cohesive football. Let's not forget Derby beat us last night without Pogba in the team.

We are so dysfunctional at the moment that there isn't one solution to our problems

Cassidy

This is worse, we're a fecking laughing stock and there's absolutely no one of power sitting either of the children down and telling them to grow the feck up
Its not worse, don't you remember Costa laughing on the bench and throwing his jersey at Jose, don't you remember Jose vs Hazard. Jose vs Matic, Jose vs Fab.
Chelsea were about 15th/16th in the league.

Its bad though

el3mel

Ok I see now.

Anyway I never said Pogba should be bigger. I disputed the fact that a player cannot be bigger than the manager.

Also right now Jose is the biggest issue at the club, I can deal with Pogba after we deal with Jose.

Also something to note, if players want to win and are playing for a manager who clearly isn't going to get them there, I don't want a bunch of yes men players who just go along with the manager. Jose's time is up.

If Pogba also goes I won't shed a tear, but I have zero issue with what he said about tactics the other day because quite frankly it had to be bloody said. Maybe it would have been better coming from the golden boy Lukaku
Fergie did sent him Evra and Rio to convince him to stay and he still followed Raiola. It's not wrong of course to look after your career but if he refused to stay for Fergie why will he stay for any fecking manager ? He showed that he's like any other player around the club comes second for him.

Also Pogba doesn't want to win, he wants to leave. He didn't say these comments thinking he won't get punished. He knows exactly what he's doing and what the response will be. He wants to absolve himself of the blame when he finally pushes for a move next summer. Barca wouldn't have made an offer for him in summer if they hadn't already agreed terms with him. He is just annoyed it didn't finalize and will bitch till he gets what he wants. That's not the first time Barca or Raiola do this anyway. It was fun when Raiola threw chairs at BVB to force them selling Mikhi to us, won't be fun when he does it at Carrington next summer.

Last edited:

WolfInSharp'sClothing

Supports
Wolves

He left a Juve team thats dominating their league and a CL challenger, to join us when were in our worst moment in recent times. And were not even in the CL.

When you put it like that, maybe.

But £££ played a big part too.

Raiola will advise Pogba it's in his best interests to move on, so he will.

Next stop Barcelona.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It'll be interesting to see if Pogba's in your team on Saturday.

Pogba might not be fully motivated to play for Mourinho which would give the latter a good reason to not play him, but dropping him fuels the negativity surrounding them and might make things worse.

redIndianDevil

Exactly it's worrying to see so many people trying to belittle Pogba here, for all the Martial FC accusations people throw about, a Mourinho **** FC is well and truly established over here.

charlenefan

Its not worse, don't you remember Costa laughing on the bench and throwing his jersey at Jose, don't you remember Jose vs Hazard. Jose vs Matic, Jose vs Fab.
Chelsea were about 15th/16th in the league.

Its bad though
I actually dont remember any of that :lol:

SirAF

Ageist
Raiola will advise Pogba it's in his best interests to move on, so he will.

Next stop Barcelona.
Obviously, but United won't sell Pogba unless they get $$$. He's got four years left on his contract - that's a long time and the best years of his career.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Mourinho says get out to Pogba right at the end of the video. It's actually very audible.

charlenefan

It'll be interesting to see if Pogba's in your team on Saturday.

Pogba might not be fully motivated to play for Mourinho which would give the latter a good reason to not play him, but dropping him fuels the negativity surrounding them and might make things worse.
He wont even be in the squad Saturday, I'd put money on it

Ban

Why have we got sky cameras in carrington today ? We never have sky cameras in training. Has Pogba set this up ? Can he give the go ahead for sky to come in ? If not who could possibly have staged this :rolleyes:
Nice accusation. In gloves but nice still.

Roger777

This gets worse every passing day, I mean serious what the hell is going on at our club?
Exactly. They should have named the show 'How to make a professional football club a laughing stock'

Two words spring to mind... Schoolkids and playground :rolleyes:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Woodward was probably behind the camera.:D