Mourinho tells Paul Pogba he'll never captain Manchester United again

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Have we ever had an active player publicly criticise our tactics? Even under moyes? What does Paul Pogba think he’s any different. Even that video above, the guy is an absolute queen, he has blatantly skipped right past his manager. He has done absolutely nothing close to warrant feeling better than anybody and I can only imagine a shitty little incident like that magnified over and over in a squad. He’s toxic.
He put his hand out to 3 people, Carrick then someone (Jose) who you say he skipped past, then the coach.

Rockets Redglare

I actually think both of them need to go. Jose isn’t working but no player should be bigger than the manager.

SER19

Didn't Rio call out Moyes when Moyes asking him to watch videos of Phil fecking Jagielka to learn defending?
But was that publicly? Imagine players and managers clash often but going to the media to criticise our style of play after being at fault for the goal that cost us points is different level delusion

Cassidy

I actually think both of them need to go. Jose isn’t working but no player should be bigger than the manager.
Indeed Real Madrid should have got rid of Ramos and Ronaldo when Jose was there too. Or Ronaldo when Benitez was there... oh

el3mel

Who do you think has more power at Barca Messi or Valverde? It is not always a simple hierarchy.
Messi earned it though. No Barca fans will complain about him controlling the club for obvious reasons. If Pogba did a fraction of what Messi is doing for them , and is committed for long term, everyone would be happy to let choose the next manager himself if he wants.

Cassidy

But was that publicly? Imagine players and managers clash often but going to the media to criticise our style of play after being at fault for the goal that cost us points is different level delusion
Yes Rio did publicly talk about Moyes from what I can remember

SER19

He put his hand out to 3 people, Carrick then someone (Jose) who you say he skipped past, then the coach.
Sorry I know I mentioned it, but don’t want to get too bogged down in details of video. The whole thing looks tense and frosty and the only reason there’s huge attention on the issue is Pogba being unable to shut his mouth publicly

Cassidy

Sorry I know I mentioned it, but don’t want to get too bogged down in details of video. The whole thing looks tense and frosty and the only reason there’s huge attention on the issue is Pogba being unable to shut his mouth publicly
Yes thats the only reason... because it only started when Pogba started talking right...

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
For me there is only one decision now to be made.

Either back the manager or replace him. If you back him he has to also be told he and pick and drop whoever he wants.

If you replace him and the new guy can't get a tune out of people like Pogba and Sanchez then they need to be moved on.

Cassidy

Sorry, but I think Pogba is acting like an idiot here.

Making a point of shaking everyone but Mourinho's hand.

Mourinho is probably just telling him to grow up.
So does he shake the last persons hand twice? Some people like to see what they want to create a narative

Minimalist

Think it is clear at least in this moment we see in the clip that Pogba is not happy with something Mourinho said, given the body language (especially side eyeing him as he walks on talking back).

As already said though - might just be a momentary issue. Think Jose does say “get out” before the clip ends though. Although he might be asking Carrick to “get out the balls” for all we know. :lol:

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Yes Rio did publicly talk about Moyes from what I can remember
Rio had reason to critisize Moyes though, imagine asking a player of Rios ability to watch videos of Jagielka on defending. Rio was one of the best defenders to even grace the club and it is somewhat insulting.

On the Mourinho and Pogba front, Im backing Pogba. Hes not happy with how the team are playing and its affecting his game play, not only his but the rest of his team. Maybe Pogba has approached Jose previously in private and got nowhere with him and feels doing it in public might garner a reaction. Pogba could be showing us that he wants to stay and is fighting for the team to play the United way or hes angling at getting out of the club.

el3mel

Indeed Real Madrid should have got rid of Ramos and Ronaldo when Jose was there too. Or Ronaldo when Benitez was there... oh
Ramos and Ronaldo did earned it at Madrid as well.

People are failing to grasp that Pogba hasn't done anything for us to earn control or power.

If he did half of what Ronaldo, Messi or Ramos were doing, he can do what he wants.

What he did is he left once, and now is pushing for a move again, while his performance for 2 years have been underwhelming and inconsistent.

He didn't do anything to earn himself that power or massive defense for him.

Ronaldo, Ramos and Messi earned their power with their performance.

SER19

Yes thats the only reason... because it only started when Pogba started talking right...
No the manager has his way which we might not agree with but look how other players responded to actual bad criticism from mourinho. Pogbas ego couldn’t take it and he stared a pr disaster when he had two better options
A) say absolutely nothing publicly, certainly not snide little digs
B) publicly say that everything is bloody fantastic and he can’t wait to win something this season. You know, put yeh team first.

I’ve still yet to see any genuine over the top criticism from mourinho in public about Pogba that I feel should stir such upset in a grown up professional athlete.

Re moyes I’m sure my recollection is Ferdinand went public in an autobiography after moyes was gone.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
That video is awful.

Pogba is a cnut and I never wanted him here before. I seem to have a different opinion than most of the people on this forum. I remember saying Lukaku and Pogba should not be at this club. Funny how that is the theme right now at our club and most people are seeing the true side of these useless two players.

SER19

I am sure at the end of that you can hear Jose say "get out" - i've listened to it half a dozen times as loud as it goes, and i am sure that's what i can hear.

Regardless, looks very frosty today.
Listened many times really loud and it really sounds like "Cmon get out" so agree.
:lol: Jesus lads, wind it in.

Baxter

Exactly. It’s a nice idea but you’d end up turning half a squad over every few years.

Mourinho has a fantastic ability to get fans to turn against players though, and follow him blindly. A recurring theme. Just saw this.

Wonder if that would’ve been worth it.

Cassidy

Ramos and Ronaldo did earned it at Madrid as well.

People are failing to grasp that Pogba hasn't done anything for us to earn control or power.

If he did half of what Ronaldo, Messi or Ramos were doing, he can do what he wants.

What he did is he left once, and now is pushing for a move again, while his performance for 2 years have been underwhelming and inconsistent.

He didn't do anything to earn himself that power or massive defense for him.

Ronaldo, Ramos and Messi earned their power with their performance.
You're mistaking pointing out facts for a defense. There isn't one party to blame here, Jose is also to blame massively.

The White Pele

I am sure at the end of that you can hear Jose say "get out" - i've listened to it half a dozen times as loud as it goes, and i am sure that's what i can hear.

Regardless, looks very frosty today.
I thought it sounded like “go look it up”

SammyUnited_83

Our club is a joke, an absolute joke - someone grow some balls and get this stuff handled in-house for god sake, imagine what it's like for the other players.

On a seperate, and hopefully postive not was the number 54(?) Mason Greenwood training with the 1st team?

Minimalist

:lol: Jesus lads, wind it in.
Pretty certain he says those words or something like it. Whether it’s in that context is another matter.

Clearly not a constructive conversation between them anyway from the body language.

Cassidy

He doesn't shake Pogba's hand. His hands are in his pockets after he shakes the hand of the player before Pogba.
The point I am making is that he didn't ignore Jose, if anyone ignored the handshake it was Jose. Pogbas hand extended 3 times. Carrick, Jose and the coach

el3mel

You're mistaking pointing out facts for a defense. There isn't one party to blame here, Jose is also to blame massively.
I pretty much said yesterday Mourinho needs to go now not even by end of season.

However, Pogba hasn't earned any right to have power or control at the club as well, so don't compare him to the likes of Ronaldo.

If Pogba performance here was a fraction of what Ronaldo was doing at Madrid at this time, I'll be willing to let Pogba choose the next manager himself.

But he didn't, so this is a silly comparison.

Even the comparison with Hazard in another post is terribly ridiculous when you consider that Hazard had won PFA player of the year and won his team the league the year before Mourinho crisis, so it's to side with him rather than Mourinho.

What did Pogba do for us to earn power ? Square root of nothing.

Greck

I think they're disagreeing about the menu at the christmas party.
obviously a debate about vegan diets.The anti-United media will now use it to fuel their anti-united propaganda

Cassidy

I pretty much said yesterday Mourinho needs to go now not even by end of season.

However, Pogba hasn't earned any right to have power or control at the club as well, so don't compare him to th likes of Ronaldo.

If Pogba performance here was a fraction of what Ronaldo was doing at Madrid at this time, I'll be willing to let Pogba choose the next manager himself.

Even the comparison with Hazard in another post is terribly ridiculous when you consider that Hazard had won PFA player of the year and won his team the league the year before Mourinho crisis, so it's to side with him rather than Mourinho.

I didn't. I responded to a comment made that no player should be bigger than the manager, which obviously as a statement is false, because sometimes the manager is just plain wrong and the players need to get rid. As the case with Romas and Ronaldo at Madrid.

When a manager is the one who has fallings out with players at every club he is at when results don't go well, that person is likely the problem and the common denominator. That doesn't mean Pogba is absolved of any wrong doing. But the point I made was right.

WolfInSharp'sClothing

Supports
Wolves

However, Pogba hasn't earned any right to have power or control at the club as well, so don't compare him to the likes of Ronaldo.

Even if Mourinho goes today, Pogba will still be pushing for a move at the end of the season.

If he had any love for Manchester United over and above a normal high-profile signing, he'd not have left the first time around.

Cassidy

Jose knew the cameras were there....

Regalia

Good news if this is true. The sooner this clown and his agent cut ties with United, the better. Blatant unprofessionalism, and thinks he's a lot better than he actually is. No, being the best (once every 5 games) of an honestly lackluster bunch of midfielders doesn't mean you're Messi now.

Yes, it's tough being 25 and thinking you're at the top of the world and everyone is not doing things the way you want. Those that can adapt around this succeed, those that cannot fall by the wayside. Cristiano Ronaldo and Ricardo Quaresma sound familiar?

DaleT

Both need to go. 2 massive egos’s who are ripping this club apart from the inside. Can’t be good for morale, probably why we look so awful this season. Never been Pogba’s biggest fan, overrated and always hated his conduct, but that video is poor on his part. He isn’t bigger than Manchester United, no player has been, you don’t like it here Paul, go to a club who will bend over to your every need.