Mourinho tells Paul Pogba he'll never captain Manchester United again

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Why are you posting tweets from troll accounts?

None of the media are reporting it, just delete it before it is taken as gospel by redcafe folks.

@Damien @KM please check and edit the post. As it is, we have enough negativity.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If the quote in the post above is true, then Mou is a goner. Now it's on Ed. Think we will miss top 4 and Jose is gone
This season can still be salvaged, do it now while there's still stuff to play for

mancan92

Jose is an absolute virus in the club. All those criticising pogba are mental. If you have a manger like mourinho constantly calling out players in public, leaking stories to the press and saying pointless spiteful things. Then why would you expect there not to be some sort of revolt. He is the leader and showing them how to get their voice heard. Is it a surprise one of them has decided to speak out in the only form Jose seems to understand?

Tiber

Jose shouldnt even be allowed to choose the under 21 captain

SpyLuke10

Jose is the boss. He's allowed to talk some shit about his team (not the club, the team), I'm not a fan of highlighting particular players though.

But thats the thing, I don't recall Jose ever highlighting Pogba after a bad result, only the team or he'll say something like "certain players". Only for Shaw, Jones and Smalling do I recall him highlighting them in a somewhat negative fashion.

Pogba is below Jose in the authority at the club, the manager is the boss of the players, so anyone who say "Pogba has every right to chat shit back about Jose or the club" has no clue how chain of command works. Your boss is allowed to say things about you as long as they don't cross the line, but you are obligated to stay in line and not chat shit about them or try to break authority.

If Pogba cannot accept that United is a club which is NOT run by the players in the dressing room, then he and that fatso Raiola can leave.

If Paul really wants to make it here at United, then firing his agent would go a long way towards showing commitment to United.

I hope Pogba does love the club, because if he does want to leave then its clear he doesn't. And if Jose wants to be here and Pogba doesn't, then its obvious Jose should stay and Pogba should leave.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
United need to be strong and firm. Even PSG forced Verratti to fire his agent when he was trying to engineer a move to Barca for several months and to publicly apologize to the PSG fans.

SpyLuke10

Jose is an absolute virus in the club. All those criticising pogba are mental. If you have a manger like mourinho constantly calling out players in public, leaking stories to the press and saying pointless spiteful things. Then why would you expect there not to be some sort of revolt. He is the leader and showing them how to get their voice heard. Is it a surprise one of them has decided to speak out in the only form Jose seems to understand?
what? with cryptic bullshit, because most of the stuff pogba has said up until the most recent quotes are pretty cryptic. Calling out players or the team in public is one of the way in which Jose tries to motivate some players and get a reaction. It clearly doesn't work with everyone though...

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Probably a better manager now as well
I think the vast majority get it, but you must remember:

Those who fall on the far left of this distribution will always be slower than the rest to 'get it'
Believing quotes from a twitter account called 'WellBeast' ? Probably a good idea if you drop the 'I have a high IQ and everyone else who disagrees with me is stupid' act. :lol:

mancan92

what? with cryptic bullshit, because most of the stuff pogba has said up until the most recent quotes are pretty cryptic. Calling out players or the team in public is one of the way in which Jose tries to motivate some players and get a reaction. It clearly doesn't work with everyone though...
Yeah with an element of politics behind it because he has a contract to look after. Mourinho can say whatever he wants but pogba is has contract obligations so it has to be cryptic. But the fact he is using the media to get heard isn't surprising when mourinho has been using it to belittle his team since he got here.

ZAGREB RED

It is the Mourinho method, call a player out, slight his form or attitude and if he doesn't respond the right way, then he isn't up to the job. Most managers can work out pretty quickly which players in their squad respond to this type of approach or need a quiet encouraging word with an arm round their shoulder. Mourinho seems to have a one size fits all philosophy though.

WensleyMU

So seems like Jose has told Pogba he's no longer our vice captain. Didn't think we had a vice captain in the first place but ok.

Also says he has no problem with Pogba. So we shall see if Pogbas starts v West Ham.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
We're a circus and a shambles at the moment. I'm not holding out any hope on either Pogba or Mourinho changing that anytime soon.

Karlos PFC

Jose is the boss. He's allowed to talk some shit about his team (not the club, the team), I'm not a fan of highlighting particular players though.

But thats the thing, I don't recall Jose ever highlighting Pogba after a bad result, only the team or he'll say something like "certain players". Only for Shaw, Jones and Smalling do I recall him highlighting them in a somewhat negative fashion.

Pogba is below Jose in the authority at the club, the manager is the boss of the players, so anyone who say "Pogba has every right to chat shit back about Jose or the club" has no clue how chain of command works. Your boss is allowed to say things about you as long as they don't cross the line, but you are obligated to stay in line and not chat shit about them or try to break authority.

If Pogba cannot accept that United is a club which is NOT run by the players in the dressing room, then he and that fatso Raiola can leave.

If Paul really wants to make it here at United, then firing his agent would go a long way towards showing commitment to United.

I hope Pogba does love the club, because if he does want to leave then its clear he doesn't. And if Jose wants to be here and Pogba doesn't, then its obvious Jose should stay and Pogba should leave.
Amen brother.

Finally someone with common sense.

In every team/company/organisation / you name it there's something that's called hierarchy people.

If I talk shit about my boss or supervisor I know that it won't be long till I see the exit.

I love Pogba but no-one is above Man Utd not even dare I say SAF.
Pogba is no legend around here he has a long way to go to reach that status so he can't throw shit in the fan at every opportunity given. I dont mind Mou either leaves or stays but at this time United is a sick club and the best thing for everyone is to get behind the team. More so if you are one of the captains of the team

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
If I were you, I’d get rid of them both. Can’t have a player mouthing off to the press about his unhappiness with the way the manager has him playing. Whichever way he feels about Mourinho, he should keep it in house. At the same time, I do understand him, and you really should get a manager who gets you results and some decent football too. I mean, you are one of the biggest clubs in the world, it isn’t too much to ask imo.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
It is the Mourinho method, call a player out, slight his form or attitude and if he doesn't respond the right way, then he isn't up to the job. Most managers can work out pretty quickly which players in their squad respond to this type of approach or need a quiet encouraging word with an arm round their shoulder. Mourinho seems to have a one size fits all philosophy though.
It used to be that if Mourinho ever called a player out he seemed truly motivated to see if the player could respond to it and become ‘his’ player.

Now he does it just to save his own ass - repeatedly.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Find it hilarious that Pogba didn’t even play in the last game, where we got outplayed by Derby with what was a pretty strong side and it’s been cleverly sidetracked by Jose by mentioning the Pogba captaincy issue thus providing a different topic for everyone to talk about.

Blame Pogba all you want but he didn’t play in the cup defeat - so what’s the excuse for that performance? ‘Attitude’?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Find it hilarious that Pogba didn’t even play in the last game, where we got outplayed by Derby with what was a pretty strong side and it’s been cleverly sidetracked by Jose by mentioning the Pogba captaincy issue thus providing a different topic for everyone to talk about.

Blame Pogba all you want but he didn’t play in the cup defeat - so what’s the excuse for that performance? ‘Attitude’?
But did you see Pogba wearing sun glasses during night game? Or how he went away at 90th min?

All the excuses are in place.

GBBQ

If I were you, I’d get rid of them both. Can’t have a player mouthing off to the press about his unhappiness with the way the manager has him playing. Whichever way he feels about Mourinho, he should keep it in house. At the same time, I do understand him, and you really should get a manager who gets you results and some decent football too. I mean, you are one of the biggest clubs in the world, it isn’t too much to ask imo.
My feeling is that even if Pogba has valid points, going to the media about it is causing the circus to continue on. he's done it too many times this season for it not be seen as a tactic of some sort (to oust Mourinho, get a move to Barcelona, who knows).

Personally I believe Raiola is conducting this. getting Pogba to say enough without actually implicating Mourinho so he knows that he has the benefit of doubt but at the same time its clear that he's having a go at Mou.

The relationship is toxic and I genuinely believe for the good of the club that both should go.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
My feeling is that even if Pogba has valid points, going to the media about it is causing the circus to continue on. he's done it too many times this season for it not be seen as a tactic of some sort (to oust Mourinho, get a move to Barcelona, who knows).

Personally I believe Raiola is conducting this. getting Pogba to say enough without actually implicating Mourinho so he knows that he has the benefit of doubt but at the same time its clear that he's having a go at Mou.

The relationship is toxic and I genuinely believe for the good of the club that both should go.
I think that Raiola has nothing to do with it, I think that it's a players-manager issue that goes beyond Pogba.

EireRed_GS

ive never been a fan of jose and was outspoken about it before he took over.. but im behind him on this one. Pogba was absolutely no way captain material in the first place. It was cringeworthy him strutting about with the armband for a few games there whilst only playing when he can bothered.

Your captain is someone you look to when down to ten men and one behind, to grab the lads and have them organised, driven and focused. Someone who will bust a gut for the team. Our past ones did this, rooney, Neville, Vidic, Keane. (the city game last year aside) Pogba just not that kind of player.

All the same, Jose handled most of the players really badly over the last 2 years. I feel like another manger would have handled these situations with more grace. Never put the armband on paul in the first place, and created a much better positive atmosphere

Craig Ward

Pogba has been angling for a move, to pin this ALL on Jose is wrong and very one minded thinking from our fans.

Pogba is a disgrace - he's been bang average since re-joining and proving time after time on the pitch he isn't prepared to follow the managers tactics and put the required effort in. He was let go for his attitude in his first stint lets not forget....

Now Jose is also an issue. He is a 2-3 season manager who currently looks to have lost the dressing room and was not backed in the last transfer window by the board.

The board have a massive decision.

The players don't seem to be playing for the manager, the manager is trying to pull rank with our "star" player and our "star" player is trying to engineer a move to Barcelona

So the board aren't backing Jose, certain players are not playing for Jose and Jose is at war with Pogba. What a mess.

Jose should not have made him captain in the first place for me, but to strip him and cause a media stir is not going to end well for anyone at this club. We are becoming more of a joke with our abysmal performances day by day. Every day Pogba or his agent is in the headlines for speaking out, they need to keep quiet and stop causing controversy,

I'd be happy if Pogba and his media attention circus left. We'd be better off without him for me

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
This spat between Jose and Pogba started last season, not this summer.
You never know though, they may be best buddies again soon like Jose and Shaw.
I remember even Mhikitaryan coming out and praising Jose for being hard on him when he was first reintroduced.. last lasted....
Pogba should really shut the hell up though

redzombie

in fairness to Jose, he's not wrong there are no leaders or captains at the club. Ive got no idea why he gave Pogba the armband in the first place.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
in fairness to Jose, he's not wrong there are no leaders or captains at the club. Ive got no idea why he gave Pogba the armband in the first place.
To make it look like he was trying to make up, it came at a time when rumours of their falling out was rife

OJKernow

Putting whether Mou should stay or go to one side, I fully back him on this.

Pogba is taking the p*** out of our club for the second time! He shouldn't have been given the armband to start with, he hasn't lived up to expectations, despite us signing extra players with the clear intention of 'freeing him up and allowing him to play', and now he's saying things publicly that he knows will cause problems for his manager and the club, whilst also potentially dividing the changing room. SAF was right all those years ago, despite what he says, Pogba does not care about the club and it seems both he and his agent wield far too much power than is healthy.

Ship him out to Barcelona, which is clearly where his head is at already.

People will claim that as before, Mourinho has turned on his players and lost the changing room, but for me, Pogba is just as at fault for any changing room rifts this season as the manager is.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi

Who do you think has more power at Barca Messi or Valverde? It is not always a simple hierarchy.

SER19

Have we ever had an active player publicly criticise our tactics? Even under moyes? What does Paul Pogba think he’s any different. Even that video above, the guy is an absolute queen, he has blatantly skipped right past his manager. He has done absolutely nothing close to warrant feeling better than anybody and I can only imagine a shitty little incident like that magnified over and over in a squad. He’s toxic.

RedStarUnited

Have we ever had an active player publicly criticise our tactics? Even under moyes? What does Paul Pogba think he’s any different. Even that video above, the guy is an absolute queen, he has blatantly skipped right past his manager. He has done absolutely nothing close to warrant feeling better than anybody and I can only imagine a shitty little incident like that magnified over and over in a squad. He’s toxic.
Yeah Jose is great. Pogbas the issue.

redIndianDevil

Amen brother.

Finally someone with common sense.

In every team/company/organisation / you name it there's something that's called hierarchy people.

If I talk shit about my boss or supervisor I know that it won't be long till I see the exit.

I love Pogba but no-one is above Man Utd not even dare I say SAF.
Pogba is no legend around here he has a long way to go to reach that status so he can't throw shit in the fan at every opportunity given. I dont mind Mou either leaves or stays but at this time United is a sick club and the best thing for everyone is to get behind the team. More so if you are one of the captains of the team
What if the boss is stupid and not up to the job at all but kept deflecting his short comings onto the people below him?

redIndianDevil

Didn't Rio call out Moyes when Moyes asking him to watch videos of Phil fecking Jagielka to learn defending?