Mourinho tells Paul Pogba he'll never captain Manchester United again

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Missed a lot of the thread, just to say I for one got it wrong, Mourinho/the club obviously did leak to the press on this occasion. Not so bothered about the decision, but not impressed with the way he/they went about it. No way to build a team for me, he should have let the players know, that was the point, but should also have kept it in-house as much as possible.

Nigel Refalo

Has anyone watched pogba's latest instagram story? it is really a circus now isn't it :rolleyes:

m1tch

It's the right call but I think giving it him in the first place was a really misguided attempt to sort out his attitude. Prima Donna's like Pogba won't respond to the carrot if the stick was used previously.

Quite sure all this only ends with more poor displays on the pitch. Jose needs to find 11 players in the club who'll play for him/the shirt. If he can't then we might as well sack him before we get too far behind in the race for 4th.

Asger

There are no two separate sets of incidents either. A player choosing to leave at the end of his contract isn't an incident.
It's looks more and more this days that Fergie was right about Pogba. I like French players but he is too overrated and too much drama queen. He probably leaked this to the media.

Saicc

I don’t feel Pogba respect the team.
He treat himself as the no.1, not the club.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's looks more and more this days that Fergie was right about Pogba. I like French players but he is too overrated and too much drama queen. He probably leaked this to the media.
There is more chance that Mourinho leaked it since the request to leave was used to justify the loss of captaincy. As for Pogba being overrated, I said it years ago but it has nothing to do with the current situation.

Red_Orchestra

This Mou and Pogba saga is getting worse by the week.
They both need to man up and sort this out.

TheeAma

Supports
Chelsea
The media goes on about oh he's a world cup winner. So effing what. Kante and giroud are world cup winners the ain't doing this. Fabregas, Silva,Xavi,Inesta, are world cup winners they never acted this way.

He's arrogant and if he was a key member of that world cup squad he could talk. Winning a world cup doesn't mean your a prick. He feels he has reached the pinnacle of football. Only PSG i believe will take him, He won't replace Rakitich or Coutinho at Barca. Not better than Kroos or Modric. Raiola is his agent and we already know how Bara and Madrid think about him.

Skills

Snitch
The media goes on about oh he's a world cup winner. So effing what. Kante and giroud are world cup winners the ain't doing this. Fabregas, Silva,Xavi,Inesta, are world cup winners they never acted this way.

He's arrogant and if he was a key member of that world cup squad he could talk. Winning a world cup doesn't mean your a prick. He feels he has reached the pinnacle of football. Only PSG i believe will take him, He won't replace Rakitich or Coutinho at Barca. Not better than Kroos or Modric. Raiola is his agent and we already know how Bara and Madrid think about him.
So he can then

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Wait, some of you guys were doubting it was true?! You don't seem to know your own manager, he's petty as feck. How are you surprised?

mancan92

Look mourinho needs to go. This is beyond ridiculous every club he goes to he makes it a complete circus and has terrible man management ability. It's like he gets some kind of sick fetish from just messing with people.

Grande

Wait, some of you guys were doubting it was true?! You don't seem to know your own manager, he's petty as feck. How are you surprised?
The doubt has mostly been about wether Pogba’s recurrent quotes have been correct. Mourinho made him captain (vice captain) and he repays the trust by that. No manager can let a player saying those things continue to wear the srmband.

Nigel Refalo

What does it involve?
Pogba filming pereira and shaw having a laugh whilst getting knocked out by derby. He posted it straight after the penalties as well but could be due to a lack of signal at OT. The video may had been taken early during the match, however not a very wise thing to post on social media at this moment!

Last edited:

Martial

Lol at the "Fake News" lot, next they'll be saying Mourinho's live TV interview where he confirmed the story was fake too :houllier:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

He will easily get into Barca midfield. Better than all of them and not exactly young in Busquets,Vidal,Rakitic

Rolaholic

Or Conte, or Allegri. Just about happens that he's undermining a manager who has a history of falling to pieces at his last 2 clubs.
Jose loyalists don't give a damn about precedent,everything is always the fault of the other parties involved when things aren't going smoothly. Forget the fact that this happens at every damn stop...

Can't wait for my club to be rid of both them and their ringleader,United deserve so much better than to be embroiled in another trademark Mourinho trainwreck

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Jose loyalists don't give a damn about precedent,everything is always the fault of the other parties involved when things aren't going smoothly. Forget the fact that this happens at every damn stop...

Can't wait for my club to be rid of both them and their ringleader,United deserve so much better than to be embroiled in another trademark Mourinho trainwreck
Well, you can't blame them, they're only doing what Jose does so brilliantly.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Both Mou and Pogba need to go. Mou is easier to get rid of at this juncture, so let him go first and then figure out what to do with Pogba. I actually like both guys, but their egos aren’t living up to their performances at this point. Just not worth the trouble.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Pogba filming pereira and shaw having a laugh whilst getting knocked out by derby. He posted it straight after the penalties as well but could be due to a lack of signal at OT. The video may had been taken early during the match, however not a very wise thing to post on social media at this moment!
Ugh, he has the emotional maturity of a 13 year old girl.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
How the feck did people fall for this? it's a made up quote. 20 pages now. Just stop.

"The only truth is that I made the decision of Paul not to be the second captain anymore" so basically when Valencia is absent, Pogba will no longer be the second choice.

NOT

"Paul Pogba will never captain ManUnited again".

It's a different context. The clickbait is disgusting.

Last edited:

Tarrou

How the feck did people fall for this? it's a made up quote. 20 pages now. Just stop.

"The only truth is that I made the decision of Paul not to be the second captain anymore" so basically when Valencia is absent, Pogba will no longer be the second choice.

NOT

how do you know its made up?

el3mel

NOT

:lol:

You're trying too hard to not believe it aren't you ?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
how do you know its made up?
:lol:

You're trying too hard to not believe it aren't you ?
Read the article, not the title of this thread. If anything, some of the people here react based on titles not the actual contents of articles or threads. Why would I try hard not to believe? both Jose and Pogba can feck off. Couldn't care less but this is just another attempt of clickbait journalism, which I'm really sick of.

el3mel

Read the article, not the title of this thread. If anything, some of the people here react based on titles not the actual contents of articles or threads.
He said he won't be the second captain anymore. Isn't "anymore" = "Never" ?

Tarrou

Read the article, not the title of this thread. If anything, some of the people here react based on titles not the actual contents of articles or threads. Why would I try hard not to believe? both Jose and Pogba can feck off. Couldn't care less but this is just another attempt of clickbait journalism, which I'm really sick of.
what article?

Tarrou

I dunno, ask ESPN sources.
there's no need to be obtuse, you are the one who didn't answer my question.. if you want me to read an article tell me which one and I'll read it, its in about 10 different places

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
there's no need to be obtuse, you are the one who didn't answer my question.. if you want me to read an article tell me which one and I'll read it, its in about 10 different places
The one in the OP obviously :rolleyes:.

el3mel

Will no longer be the second captain, not "won't be a ManUnited captain for the rest of his life".
No one said for the rest of his life though. It's only as long as Mourinho is here.

Last edited:

Tarrou

The one in the OP obviously :rolleyes:.
okay, your post makes sense if you believe we're all talking about one specific article in ESPN, but we're not.. The story is everywhere, and there are multiple sources like the BBC and The Guardian reporting Mourinho has told Pogba he'll never captain United again

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
okay, your post makes sense if you believe we're all talking about one specific article in ESPN, but we're not.. The story is everywhere, and there are multiple sources like the BBC and The Guardian reporting Mourinho has told Pogba he'll never captain United again
Then read the actual Mourinho's quotes, obviously every media are gonna pick the most sensational headlines. But everyone and their mothers know Jose and Pogba are having problems. The faster one of/both of them go, the better.

Tarrou

Then read the actual Mourinho's quotes, obviously every media are gonna pick the most sensational headlines. But everyone and their mothers know Jose and Pogba are having problems. The faster one of/both of them go, the better.
I saw the Mourinho quotes live after the match. The story broke hours before that though, and the fact Mourinho confirmed himself a watered-down-version of events just lends authenticity to the entire story.

Mourinho also said there was no problems with Pogba in the same interview, do you believe that too? The guy has been playing politics with the press his entire career.

AngliaRed

Yeah, because Mourinho is really going to do that to his best player when he needs him to perform every week for the next year. Can't these kind of 'sources' be banned from the forum?
Agree, you’d think common sense would prevail with some people but obviously not! Should be a bannable offense.

Logic: Pogba is the seasons best player scoring and/or creating in most of our games this season after leading the French team to a world cup win. Jose calls a squad meeting to tell everyone he isn’t captain material.

Jose has warned our fans time and time again about listening to the press and yet some people don’t listen!! Bumholes!

el3mel

Agree, you’d think common sense would prevail with some people but obviously not! Should be a bannable offense.

Logic: Pogba is the seasons best player scoring and/or creating in most of our games this season after leading the French team to a world cup win. Jose calls a squad meeting to tell everyone he isn’t captain material.

Jose has warned our fans time and time again about listening to the press and yet some people don’t listen!! Bumholes!
You're too late to the party ? Mourinho already confirmed this.