Mourinho tells Paul Pogba he'll never captain Manchester United again

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
There was a 15/16 season? I've "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless minded" that particular season so don't know what you are talking about.
I’ve done that with every Premier League season since I started watching Liverpool. I have odd flashes here and there like 2005.

I thought I was ready to stop in 13/14 but...

ErranMorad

Seriously thinking I picked a wrong career. Should have went into football journalism. Just need make shit up and add 'sources have told' or ' x is understood to have said that'. They're taking the piss.
Dudeeeeee, Jose like... I mean confirmed in his post match comments that he has stripped Pogba of the club's vice captaincy.

mu4c_20le

Seriously thinking I picked a wrong career. Should have went into football journalism. Just need make shit up and add 'sources have told' or ' x is understood to have said that'. They're taking the piss.
:lol:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Sorry but there is evidence even in this thread that he does in fact cause drama, teaming up with his lovely agent. @JK-27 put it well...
He wanted to start his career, it wasn't happening at Manchester United. The fact is he was right in his move to Juventus, and came back here the most expensive player in the world at the time. There's no debate he was right to do what he did (maybe not to United fans, but to anyone else at least), but besides that exit which is all articles quoted by SAF who I'm pretty sure was not unbiased in his comments, where else has Pogba ever been a trouble maker? It's just not the type of person he is, he wouldn't have survived at Juventus or with Deschamps otherwise.

UncleBob

No issues at Juve? Yeah thats why the United deal was in the works for 2 years before he left Juve. Also its a one team league and winning hides a lot of shit. Not to mention the GOAT was sick of his and his agents nonsense by the end of his first stint here.
Not sure where you have that info from. Our interest in signing Pogba came via Mourinho, he tried to sign him when he was at Chelsea in his last stint but Raiola&Co weren't going to get anywhere with Juventus.

SuperiorXI

He wanted to start his career, it wasn't happening at Manchester United. The fact is he was right in his move to Juventus, and came back here the most expensive player in the world at the time. There's no debate he was right to do what he did (maybe not to United fans, but to anyone else at least), but besides that exit which is all articles quoted by SAF who I'm pretty sure was not unbiased in his comments, where else has Pogba ever been a trouble maker? It's just not the type of person he is, he wouldn't have survived at Juventus or with Deschamps otherwise.
He has been at three clubs and caused trouble twice. National teams are always a different atmosphere, usually it's more difficult to create tension in National teams because they're a product of how well the players do for their respective clubs and if a player is causing trouble/is in bad form and not playing, they don't play for the National team.

Only those involved in the club directly will know what happened... many things could have taken place. On one hand Pogba would have had an opportunity had he knuckled down. He tried to force the hand of one of the greatest and was rightly shown the door. You could also argue Pogba forced the move, one day we may know for sure.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He has been at three clubs and caused trouble twice. National teams are always a different atmosphere, usually it's more difficult to create tension in National teams because they're a product of how well the players do for their respective clubs and if a player is causing trouble/is in bad form and not playing, they don't play for the National team.

Only those involved in the club directly will know what happened... many things could have taken place. On one hand Pogba would have had an opportunity had he knuckled down. He tried to force the hand of one of the greatest and was rightly shown the door. You could also argue Pogba forced the move, one day we may know for sure.
Pogba hasn't played for three clubs and he hasn't caused trouble twice.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Okay... two separate stints at United and is causing trouble both times. If you want to get pedantic... you knew what I meant.
There are no two separate sets of incidents either. A player choosing to leave at the end of his contract isn't an incident.

UncleBob

You need to read up. Pogba was an Ed Woodward production and was in the works for some time.
Read up on what. Do you have anything substantial to back up your claims with, apart from "read up". Mourinho wanted Pogba at Chelsea. People like to make claims about a lot of things, but backing claims up with anything useful seems to be somewhat boring

Red00012

As much as I find it hard to like pogba if you’re thinking of the future and you’ve to pick one there’s only going to be one winner.

AndyJ1985

They would need to spend crazy money so doubt it. If they did we can invest in other areas
Do you actually have confidence in our club to reinvest the money wisely? Most players we buy end up being disappointments.

minoo-utd

Feck them both now, that is not a circus. Someone has to stop that. Why the feck Jose talks about it publicly? Proud and wants that he controls the big boys? Wtf is this!

Addled

I was hoping Pogba was going to come on Sky after Jose’s interview and give his side of the story. Now that would have been drama.
Also, what was the story with Pogba at the game. We are 1-2 and he gets up and leaves. Did he know the cameras were on him and did it for show? Also I am guessing that he went to the dressing room rather than leave the ground. Anyone have any insight?
All in all an unsightly spat that does nothing for either party and more importantly does even less for the club.
Sort yourselves out ffs.

Oldyella

I was hoping Pogba was going to come on Sky after Jose’s interview and give his side of the story. Now that would have been drama.
Also, what was the story with Pogba at the game. We are 1-2 and he gets up and leaves. Did he know the cameras were on him and did it for show? Also I am guessing that he went to the dressing room rather than leave the ground. Anyone have any insight?
All in all an unsightly spat that does nothing for either party and more importantly does even less for the club.
Sort yourselves out ffs.
Think there was only a few minutes left so all the players left to get down to meet those who played then the board went up for 6 minutes and equaliser meant pens. Don't think it was any more than that.

It seems to be a true story; we'll soon find out. The club is a soap opera at the moment, with rumours, bust ups and so many distractions. It's is sad to see.

We'll just need to wait and see what happens: whether either of them will still be at the club come the end of the season. Bad times.

sam147

Pogba the only world class outfield player we have and seems to be the only one with enough courage to stand up to Jose. He is right when he says attack. Jose sets us up defensively first even against smaller clubs. And our pressing is half arsed not due to laziness but because its a reactive safety first press which if anything is more dangerous than an actual proper press. Shambolic coaching paired with absolute hapless dross like Jones is a disaster

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is all so typical of Mourinho managed clubs. There's a pattern and it's happening here. Shit performance, followed by bad results, leads to public criticism of players which eventually leads to public fall outs with the best players at the club. It's happening again and some fans don't seem to see it.

We just lost but this is the headline news. Jose got what he wanted

Skills

Snitch
This is all so typical of Mourinho managed clubs. There's a pattern and it's happening here. Shit performance, followed by bad results, leads to public criticism of players which eventually leads to public fall outs with the best players at the club. It's happening again and some fans don't seem to see it.

We just lost but this is the headline news. Jose got what he wanted
I think the vast majority get it, but you must remember:

Those who fall on the far left of this distribution will always be slower than the rest to 'get it'

Oldyella

This feels exactly like he end of his second Chelsea stint. Mixed results, press rants, falling out with his big name players. Oh how we laughed when we were warned of the 3rd year meltdown.

pascell

We now have a manager vs player situation, this isn't going to end well.

We're a mess on and off the pitch, we're a brand instead of a football club.

UncleBob

In terms of Pogba, it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that Raiola is starting to push for an exit. He was never going to stay for more than 3-4 seasons, no matter if they were a success or not, i'd be very surprised if he doesn't leave next summer. It's all about the $

PlayerOne

This feels exactly like he end of his second Chelsea stint. Mixed results, press rants, falling out with his big name players. Oh how we laughed when we were warned of the 3rd year meltdown.
Difference being we have enough time to salvage something out of this season if we react quickly and unlike Chelsea we don't owe him anything, he's not coming off a title winning season.

PlayerOne

Those who fall on the far left of this distribution will always be slower than the rest to 'get it'
That's a bit harsh! Some fans are just blinded by their support I think. We had fans defending Moyes on here when it was clear he wasn't good enough and never will be. A lot of fans are just trying to support the club through troubled times. Unfortunately, their supported is wasted, Mourinho is done for.

fezzerUTD

Read up on what. Do you have anything substantial to back up your claims with, apart from "read up". Mourinho wanted Pogba at Chelsea. People like to make claims about a lot of things, but backing claims up with anything useful seems to be somewhat boring
Riaola confirmed it so yeh read up.

Oldyella

Difference being we have enough time to salvage something out of this season if we react quickly and unlike Chelsea we don't owe him anything, he's not coming off a title winning season.
Agreed. My only worry is its so early in the season targets might be difficult to get.

vangagal

This kind of subtle insult post always fascinating. An elegant way to say if you are not in my camp you are stupid folks without getting warning.