Mourinho to United | Officially Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cina

On the same hysterical, pantomime fan-scale of judgement that also deems 53 year old father of two, and sometime professional football manager Jose Mourinho a "huge prick" too? Yes. Unquestionably.

Considering none of us know the sum-total of bum about any of them anyway, and that the comparative hugeness of their pricks is merely an overwrought argument about "the silliest shit they've done in football", I can't even imagine an argument for the humungous "prick" status that Jose enjoys, that would somehow, also, simultaneously absolve that trilogy of greats from the same swinging prick of judgement... Can you?

I mean, as iconic (and lets be honest, hilarious) it is now, I don't think you've quite registered how utterly ridiculous it was for reigning PFA Player of The Year Eric Cantona, to jump feet first into a stadium crowd, to kick a real life, mostly human opposition fan! Yeah, Mourinho once childishly prodded someone in the eye and then ran away, like Richard Hammond in a Top Gear ruck, but Eric Cantona JUMPED INTO THE CROWD AND HIT A FAN!! He almost took an old woman's head off too!

Then of course you've got Keano, who tried to end someone's career over a bizarre 4 year grudge that originally stemmed from an injury he got whilst TRYING TO FOUL SOMEONE!! .... And that's without dipping into the long, stamp-heavy, disciplinary record of both players, on and off the field.

Fergie, meanwhile, kicked a boot at his own player's head, sold his best defender for a ghost written anecdote about a petrol station, sued his own shareholders over a literal gifthorse, which ultimately contributed toward the Glazer Takeover, goaded a fellow manager into a public breakdown by going on a "disrespectful" rant about another fellow manager, banned scores of critical journos and slammed tonnes of referees, all the while refusing to speak to the BBC for seven years after one show said his son was dodgy, even though United's board at the time basically confirmed it by blacklisting him as an agent soon after!....
Mourinho was admittedly a dick to the only famous club doctor in the league (nay world!) but unless he did it whilst on the triple-prick-score square in Cuntopoly, I'm a bit lost at how he makes up the ground?

I've seen you say in other threads that you "don't get" the love for Mourinho. Well, the same bafflement you get from fans embracing a former rival (like, say Alan Smith, or RVP?) I get from the consistent and stubborn unwillingness to notice (or at least admit) that Jose is, and has always been, the most ball-tazering, lemon buggeringly obvious representation of a modern, Fergie-type manager. In almost every possible respect. The mind games, the calculated provocations, the siege mentality, cult of personalities, deep rooted loyalty followed by explosive media bust ups...Right down to the preferred fast counterattacking style, but the occasional reliance on bland pragmacy in the harder games, no manager shares nearly as many traits with Fergie as Jose does. Not by a country mile.

But of all the traits they share. The best one. The one that really gets me excited about this whole thing, is the trait they both have of being a huge, belligerent, confrontational, arrogant, talented, winning... prick.
Here hear

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
They actually promoted that poster Special One??!! :eek::eek::eek:

Guess the mods are in a good mood today.. Good for that person!! :D:D It took me ages to get to the main forum. I finally had to write a huge post about how one can reduce time wasting in football to get the final two likes to get promoted. It was fun and challenging, but was worth it when I got promoted!! :D:D
I got promoted about a week before the changes that allowed the newbs limited posts in the mains. Spent all last summer writing hugely insightful ramblings to get in and averagely post about twice a week now...but have no talent for clever usernames so guess I deserved it.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
Media led shite? He poked someone in the eye. He destroyed his medical department. He's made sexist comments.

Media led shite?
Media led shite that saw Bobby Charlton dislike him? He doesn't fit in with how I see Manchester United, a fantastic club with ideals to strive towards.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
On the same hysterical, pantomime fan-scale of judgement that also deems 53 year old father of two, and sometime professional football manager Jose Mourinho a "huge prick" too? Yes. Unquestionably.

Considering none of us know the sum-total of bum about any of them anyway, and that the comparative hugeness of their pricks is merely an overwrought argument about "the silliest shit they've done in football", I can't even imagine an argument for the humungous "prick" status that Jose enjoys, that would somehow, also, simultaneously absolve that trilogy of greats from the same swinging prick of judgement... Can you?

I mean, as iconic (and lets be honest, hilarious) it is now, I don't think you've quite registered how utterly ridiculous it was for reigning PFA Player of The Year Eric Cantona, to jump feet first into a stadium crowd, to kick a real life, mostly human opposition fan! Yeah, Mourinho once childishly prodded someone in the eye and then ran away, like Richard Hammond in a Top Gear ruck, but Eric Cantona JUMPED INTO THE CROWD AND HIT A FAN!! He almost took an old woman's head off too!

Then of course you've got Keano, who tried to end someone's career over a bizarre 4 year grudge that originally stemmed from an injury he got whilst TRYING TO FOUL SOMEONE!! .... And that's without dipping into the long, stamp-heavy, disciplinary record of both players, on and off the field.

Fergie, meanwhile, kicked a boot at his own player's head, sold his best defender for a ghost written anecdote about a petrol station, sued his own shareholders over a literal gifthorse, which ultimately contributed toward the Glazer Takeover, goaded a fellow manager into a public breakdown by going on a "disrespectful" rant about another fellow manager, banned scores of critical journos and slammed tonnes of referees, all the while refusing to speak to the BBC for seven years after one show said his son was dodgy, even though United's board at the time basically confirmed it by blacklisting him as an agent soon after!....
Mourinho was admittedly a dick to the only famous club doctor in the league (nay world!) but unless he did it whilst on the triple-prick-score square in Cuntopoly, I'm a bit lost at how he makes up the ground?

I've seen you say in other threads that you "don't get" the love for Mourinho. Well, the same bafflement you get from fans embracing a former rival (like, say Alan Smith, or RVP?) I get from the consistent and stubborn unwillingness to notice (or at least admit) that Jose is, and has always been, the most ball-tazering, lemon buggeringly obvious representation of a modern, Fergie-type manager. In almost every possible respect. The mind games, the calculated provocations, the siege mentality, cult of personalities, deep rooted loyalty followed by explosive media bust ups...Right down to the preferred fast counterattacking style, but the occasional reliance on bland pragmacy in the harder games, no manager shares nearly as many traits with Fergie as Jose does. Not by a country mile.

But of all the traits they share. The best one. The one that really gets me excited about this whole thing, is the trait they both have of being a huge, belligerent, confrontational, arrogant, talented, winning... prick.
Telling it like it is.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

Nope. Not having any of it. Fergie never treated his players as badly as Mourinho. He was a great man.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Media led shite? He poked someone in the eye. He destroyed his medical department. He's made sexist comments.

Media led shite?
Media led shite that saw Bobby Charlton dislike him? He doesn't fit in with how I see Manchester United, a fantastic club with ideals to strive towards.
Why care as long as he brings us another shiny premier league trophy during his time here?

So when Van Gaal signed, we had Oranje Café, what now?
JoMo Cafe of course.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
JoMo is quality. Hats off to whoever come up with that one. JoMo is our leader, JoMo is our leader la la la.......
Me :)

But @JPRouve doesn't like it and he issued a fatwah aided by MI5 to hunt me down. Mixed reaction otherwise.

PS: Love the song .... perhaps it can be sung in the K-Stand next season. .... What do you reckon @Sultan? :p

Ban

This post should be on top of every page of every Mourinho thread.

Riz

Amen

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football

"Flawless Victory. FINISH HIM." /mortal kombat voice

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Brilliance comes with a price lads.
Exactly.

If you want someone who is very well behaved (both in their private and professional lives), then hire Moyes.
Fergie was no angel, despite what some on here say/believe.
IMO, Mourinho was the natural successor to Fergie and should've been hired 3 years ago.

In any case, Jose is here now, whether some people like it or not, so accept it and get behind him.

Sigma

Nope. Not having any of it. Fergie never treated his players as badly as Mourinho. He was a great man.
It's funny how delusional you are. He's just wrote a very thorough, detailed post completely disproving you and then you still think he's wrong.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

But @JPRouve doesn't like it and he issued a fatwah aided by MI5 to hunt me down. Mixed reaction otherwise.

PS: Love the song .... perhaps it can be sung in the K-Stand next season. .... What do you reckon @Sultan? :p
Well done sir, we have to admit defeat. But always check the corners, we might be there...:)

MkPaul

learnt from the best

Fantastic post mate

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
You realise you've kinda just proved @Mockney 's point for him ?
If anyone can genuinely sit there and tell me Ferguson or Cantona is as much of a prick as Mourinho I can't listen to it.

The idea that Cantona kicking some racist prick in the head is anywhere near just constant years of belittling, bitterness and just general lack of all around class is absurd.

Ferguson kept Manchster United at the top by being a world class professional. Did he lose his temper at times? Yes. If the worst thing he did is kick a boot in anger and make Kevin Keegan angry then you haven't got a leg to stand on.

Occasionally yes, Ferguson would fall out with people. However you always felt he did well by the club. The amount of footballers who speak well of him is insane. Players like Shawcross, Eagles, Sompson have all said their careers are down to him.

Mourinho just isn't in the same class. From his comments to Wenger, insulting Benitez's wife, attacking his own medical staff for doing their job, physically assaulting other managers and throwing his players under the bus. This isn't a small thing. It's constant. Everywhere he goes.

I'm not having someone sitting here and saying Mourinho is anything like legends of our club. Just not having it. He's proven himself time and time again to be a nasty man.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Amen!

diarm

@Mockney I'm not going to quote it again or we'll fill up 10 pages of nothing else but that might just be the post of the year so far.

pseudo_canadian

Top notch post.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
It's funny how delusional you are. He's just wrote a very thorough, detailed post completely disproving you and then you still think he's wrong.
Disproving me?

It's a bloody opinion. It wasn't thorough at all, the fact that he had to include Kevin Keegans rant while ignoring countless Jose nightmares just doesn't wash with me.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

I'm not a fan, bro. I much prefer Jose or Mou. Less work on the fingers.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Disproving me?

It's a bloody opinion. It wasn't thorough at all, the fact that he had to include Kevin Keegans rant while ignoring countless Jose nightmares just doesn't wash with me.
Mockney would have needed at least a few hours if he had to resort to writing countless confrontations of Sir Alex, Keane, Cantona. No one is saying Jose is a saint, BTW. They're all prickly characters and that probably made/makes them successful.

Bojan11

Fergie sacked Mike Stone for doing his job. But nobody mentions that.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Not sure where to post this, but given our level of general frivolity, here is as good as any:

If you kill yourself, its called suicide
If you kill someone else, its homicide
If you kills load of people its called genocide
When you can't win the title for a 26+ years .... its called merseyside!

:lol::lol:

Ban

If anyone can genuinely sit there and tell me Ferguson or Cantona is as much of a prick as Mourinho I can't listen to it.

The idea that Cantona kicking some racist prick in the head is anywhere near just constant years of belittling, bitterness and just general lack of all around class is absurd.

I'm not having someone sitting here and saying Mourinho is anything like legends of our club. Just not having it. He's proven himself time and time again to be a nasty man.
Yeah, it's nowhere near. It's way worse than anything Mourinho has done.

Also he had a really bad disciplinary record before coming to United.

And you somehow didn't mention anything about Keane and his actions.

I guess it suits your agenda.

Bojan11

You calling trying to injure someone on purpose a hero?

I love Keano. But his actions that day were shocking.

walkinhop

Exactly.

If you want someone who is very well behaved (both in their private and professional lives), then hire Moyes.
Fergie was no angel, despite what some on here say/believe.
IMO, Mourinho was the natural successor to Fergie and should've been hired 3 years ago.

In any case, Jose is here now, whether some people like it or not, so accept it and get behind him.
I don't believe in natural successors. Everyone leaves their mark one way or another. The goal is one - to maintain the club's sporting and financial success. Both are needed to ensure the longevity of the brand. The history, the style, the philosophy, the traditions, are all fairy tales to attract the symbol minded.

The manager's position is like anything else, a compromise. We want success? We want youth to be given a chance, we want to play good football..etc.. Nobody will deliver on all fronts, especially in 2016 and beyond. The right manager for will be the one that delivers the results while messing up as least as possible on the rest of the agendas.

Status
Not open for further replies.