Moyes So Far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He actually said we aspire to play like City? He really says the stupidest fecking shit.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Pool got rid of their clown just after New Year. It's April and he's still on the job. It appears that Pools board is more ambitious than ours and by larger scale.

I mean champions by healthy margin. Kept all players and 60m more spend and we're 7th with no chance for higher position in the league, out of all competitions (given some time - two weeks) and still not sacked. He must have some bullet proof contract...

Our board consists of footballing dinosaurs who've put a guy in charge who plays early 90's dogs of war football with an underdog mentality, and champion him on despite the fact we look 20 years behind the times. Bobbys sure, he's certain of it boys.

Loon

:lol:
Pool got rid of their clown just after New Year. It's April and he's still on the job. It appears that Pools board is more ambitious than ours and by larger scale.

I mean champions by healthy margin. Kept all players and 60m more spend and we're 7th with no chance for higher position in the league, out of all competitions (given some time - two weeks) and still not sacked. He must have some bullet proof contract...
Dippers had noted agitators working the background. At the moment, that doesn't seem to be the case with us.

Amir

The Villa game is big now.....lose that in limp fashion and then Bayern piss over us and the pressure will be intense.
We'll beat Villa, and Bayern will still piss all over us. That's the way it is. The quality we have in the squad can normally do well against the lesser sides. The big games, when you need quality coaching... It's just not there.

The pattern is so bloody clear. And it's not changing. It's getting worse.

Plugsy

He saw what was probably our best attacking performance in a long time in the league last Saturday and, being the world class manager he is, instantly thought "must make changes"

Comsmit

Anybody dependent on the results already wants Moyes out.

The only support he has now is from people who don't care about our results, even if we were 10th. They just think that any manager should get 2-3 years by default no matter how bad he performs on his first year.

That's why I say it's a meaningless game in that regard.
Understood. I suppose I'm trying....trying to put myself in the headspace of those who will decide the man's fate.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
He actually said we aspire to play like City? He really says the stupidest fecking shit.
Fergie "I'll knock Liverpool off their perch."

Moyes "City are at the level we aspire to be."

Amir

Our board consists of footballing dinosaurs who've put a guy in charge who plays early 90's dogs of war football with an underdog mentality, and champion him on despite the fact we look 20 years behind the times. Bobbys sure, he's certain of it boys.
Fergie kept us floating for an incredible long time but his retirement showed we're a club that's stuck a little behind the times.

Comsmit

I think he said they play at a level we aspire to?

But yeh it is stupid feckless shit whichever way you dress it up.

Enigma_87

You know who
I don't get this. Yes Glazers are far and away from all footballing matters, I get this. But we get every week a major financial blow, yet they do nothing to cut the losses? They should be at least astute businessman. How the hell would they give another penny in the Summer? The results and game is not becoming better, it's gradually worse since new year.

Regardless of playing style, just the results should have been enough long ago for the board to kick him out.

The only thing I can see is the contract and some clause that will kick in after the season is closed...

Malva

you know, all i'd say about moyes is that he seems a little naieve to how the media twists words. he didn't really say what you are all lamenting about in this thread, just that we need to play to a level like city to win the game, and that's just honesty.

it's not like we weren't like this last season, we lost 4-1 to city and 6-1 the season before. our football was poor, we needed a midfielder, and evra was shit. what's different? the only difference i see is that our clutch players are injured or out of form (van persie/chicharito), or simply too old and past it (vidic/ferdinand), and when your two best goalscorers, and your two best defenders, the core that lead you to the title by beating the teams outside of the top 4 consistently is past it... well... i don't see it as moyes flipping everything on it's head and ruining a perfect haven of a club. we had issues that would inevitably lead to this situation even under fergie.

Red Stone

A small part of me dies every time he says something to the media. Does the man even listen to himself? I can't believe someone at the club hasn't had a word with him about it yet. The message he's sending out is appalling.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
I can't wait to hear his excuses next year....Picture it, our opening three fixtures will be against Swansea, Palace and Sunderland, all at home and Moyes will say;

"I find it hard to believe the balls came out like that. These teams will be out to prove they are not relegation fodder. I hope they aren't trying to make it hard for us as we are Manchester United!"

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
you know, all i'd say about moyes is that he seems a little naieve to how the media twists words. he didn't really say what you are all lamenting about in this thread, just that we need to play to a level like city to win the game, and that's just honesty.

it's not like we weren't like this last season, we lost 4-1 to city and 6-1 the season before. our football was poor, we needed a midfielder, and evra was shit. what's different? the only difference i see is that our clutch players are injured or out of form (van persie/chicharito), or simply too old and past it (vidic/ferdinand), and when your two best goalscorers, and your two best defenders, the core that lead you to the title by beating the teams outside of the top 4 consistently is past it... well... i don't see it as moyes flipping everything on it's head and ruining a perfect haven of a club. we had issues that would inevitably lead to this situation even under fergie.
He said the exact thing being talked about in this thread. Nobody twisted anything. That's literally what he said, I just heard him say it.

Plugsy

SSN1 now isn't exactly helping. Football's Greatest Teams - Manchester United 98/99. :(
Today it'd be the story of a United side who went 1-0 in the first few minutes who resolutely went on to keep the score at a respectable 2-0 defeat as Bayern lifted the trophy. Throwing on David May in the last 15 to sure things up.

Gerald G

Nobody can honestly say they thought that last summer. Some might have been impartial with him or thought he could come good, but I seriously doubt anybody actually wanted him to replace Sir Alex (well anyone other then Sir Bob and Sir Alex, who appear to be clueless and useless directors).
I agree. I mean now does anyone think Moyes was the right man for the job?

Moyes consistently done a good job for Everton. Maybe he wasn't number one choice but he deserved his chance to see if he could do well with a better squad and more money. But looks out of his depth sadly.

Malva

He said the exact thing being talked about in this thread. Nobody twisted anything. That's literally what he said, I just heard him say it.
there was no comparision to city, he just said it's the "sort of standard we need to aspire ourselves to get to at this moment in time."

then he said city are a good side.

it is indeed different from how people are interpreting this in this thread.

Plugsy

When so many of our players look so shit on such a regular basis, I'm loathed to blame any of them, even those I'd have called shite at the start of the season and would under normal circumstance now.

Crono

If we leave it up to the bigwigs it looks like he will incomprehensibly have another season here.

It's up to us to take our fate into our own hands and express visible and vocal dissent at the matches.

The least anyone can do without even being at the match is flooding the f**king SEF/Tufty Twitter pages with demands of taking that stupid f**king flag down. They can't keep ignoring it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Not even Bayern Munich cheated us with Hargreaves or Mendez with Bebe as much as you cheated us with him and Fellaini :lol:
You must be delighted we took Moyes and Fellaini off of you..
I love Fellaini, disappointed that he isn't doing better. :( He's been fairly criticized in the big games but he has been good apart from that in the games i've seen him in.

In terms of Moyes i feel a bit sorry for him but it's harder and harder to defend him every week.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
there was no comparision to city, he just said it's the "sort of standard we need to aspire ourselves to get to at this moment in time."

You know what, what he said is actually a little worse than talked about here..

"It's the sort of standard and level we need to try and aspire ourselves to get to this moment in time."

Try. Fecking try.

And he was talking about City. (@ 1:23)

Plugsy

Whenever I feel sorry for him I just think back to his refusal to learn lessons, respond to circumstance or even throw shit at a wall and see if it sticks.

RustyS

"sort of standard I need to aspire myself to get to at this moment in time" would have been more apt. We had been at that standard for 20 years before he came in.

He is the one learning at the job and trying to reach the level of the likes of Mourinho, Pep, Ancelotti...

Steven Seagull

Nope, that was only a few months ago. We beat this City team last year. Astonishing. Fell off a cliff.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante

Yeah. Half these people on here are misquoting him. We should be aspiring to play like them coz they're up there chasing the title and playing good football. We're not and we're not.

Status
Not open for further replies.