Moyes So Far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Most of them have won the lot, massive dosh in the bank & couldnt give a shit.. lettin Moyes take all the flack. They wont say it verbally, but its feckin obvious that they're not playin for him & most importantly the club.

Players still playin for the the club: Rooney's doin it, Fletch is doin it, Giggsy's doin it, DDG is doin it, Evra is doin it - thats feckin it!
If the players aren't playing for Moyes as you say. Doesn't that show he lost the dressing room which is the cardinal sin as a manager?

mancan92

So what happens when they're unable to make a 5 yard pass or misjudge the flight of a cross or don't follow their man under Manager X? Do we continue to sack and hire until we find a manager under whom Valencia can cross a ball or Cleverley isn't a spineless coward?
Yes when literally 80 % of the team go to shit it is the managers fault it's simple when you have the likes of mata unable to make simple passes then you know all is not right behind the scenes. Confidence and morale absolutely can destroy a players ability and make them look terrible.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
A few of them - Young, Valencia, Cleverley and Evra for large chunks were serving up only slightly better performances this time last season. What is their excuse?
Slightly confusing as Evra is apparently "doin' it" for the manager. Last season most players at the club played with a deal of confidence, this season sadly not and the likes of Cleverley and Valencia look completely devoid of any confidence this year.

Enigma_87

You know who
Bar 6-7 players I don't think the squad contributed that massively to the league win.
I think this is bollocks and you know why. 6-7 players don't win you 38 games.

In your age section you've listed half our central defensive options and half of our left back options, our only decent central midfielder and the guy who's goals won the title last season. They're pretty big shoes to fill.
And in the second part is their replacements(as in defensive options). Being down to 1 left back option again Moyes should take the credit for. RvP - 17 goals in 25 games, statistically he's doing better than last year, also he's 30, by no means past it, for one he should be in his prime right now.

Also our only decent central midfielder is Carrick? Well wait don't we have a multimillion option in Fellaini for central midfield? Didn't we add one of the best playmakers in the league as well 3 months ago?

But ok, we keep Moyes. What has to be done then to improve results?

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Did you think Mata was mediocre when we bought him?! Really? You're now just talking bullsh*t to be honest with you.

Oh and if a manager can't control the players, then I don't think the solution is replacing the players, especially when the example you mentioned was the one Moyes offered crazy money just to keep!
He was havin a mediocre season - of course he was! Form is temporary tho..

I'm not talkin bullshit - i just think you lot are jumpin on the bandwagon & not thinkin for yourselves. I also think that some football fans think a manager has some magic wand from the side-line & makes the players better than they are on the field of play, even though they're up against a seriously brilliant team like City were tonight. Give City some feckin credit for Christ sake & Liverpool too.. That pains me to say that, but its the truth. Both teams have evolved into great teams this season - put that shit into perspective!

Plugsy

We spent months playing the same way to no avail, refusing to change. We have one good performance vs West Ham and immediately we change.

Why?

Dobba

I think this is bollocks and you know why. 6-7 players don't win you 38 games.
Yes they do. 6-7 players win you the title, especially when the league is as weak as it was and your first choice midfield comprises of a midfielder - a passenger - a winger who can't cross and another who spends more time flying through the air.

And in the second part is their replacements(as in defensive options). Being down to 1 left back option again Moyes should take the credit for. RvP - 17 goals in 25 games, statistically he's doing better than last year, also he's 30, by no means past it, for one he should be in his prime right now.
How exactly? Fergie shipped Fabio out on loan so the options at left back were as limited under him last season as they are now. Robin has also had more injuries than he had last season. He's almost certainly done for the season now.

Also our only decent central midfielder is Carrick? Well wait don't we have a multimillion option in Fellaini for central midfield? Didn't we add one of the best playmakers in the league as well 3 months ago?
Fellaini is crap and Mata isn't a central midfielder.

But ok, we keep Moyes. What has to be done then to improve results?
Once again, where have I said keep Moyes? I want him and the deadest of the deadwood out together.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
We've become a bit of a circus this season, haven't we? One to rival Real Madrid as well. We should have our own soap.

Enigma_87

You know who
Yes they do. 6-7 players win you the title, especially when the league is as weak as it was and your first choice midfield comprises of a midfielder - a passenger - a winger who can't cross and another who spends more time flying through the air.
Having only 6-7 players is what makes Arsenal challenge fall short year after year. Most of the players contribute for wining the title and did last year.

How exactly? Fergie shipped Fabio out on loan so the options at left back were as limited under him last season as they are now. Robin has also had more injuries than he had last season. He's almost certainly done for the season now.
Evra is on the wane. Moyes had the whole summer to bring in replacement. He fell short with Coentrao and Baines. Fergie shipped Fabio but had Buttner in, granted he's shite at defending but he at least got him as replacement. Moyes removed Fabio once again, didn't address the LB issue.

Fellaini is crap and Mata isn't a central midfielder.
Then why bring them both in when there is a glaring need of CM? that's 60m that are available? We spend close to 40m on Mata - player surplus to requirements for Chelsea, yet bid 25m for Fabregas who is starter for Barcelona, then ended up with 27m Fellaini?

Once again, where have I said keep Moyes? I want him and the deadest of the deadwood out together.
Then we're on the same page.

The change has to begin with Moyes. Otherwise what's the use of him bringing new players in, failing with results then a new manager to come in and again having to rebuild the squad to his needs.

This set of players are good enough for the top four. It needed a colossal managerial feckup to finish 7th. I can't imagine any manager doing any worse than this tbh. I don't think it's in the realms of possibilities.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
I think you need to get real. Nigh on every player thread in the United forum is full of negativity barring De Gea, Januzaj and at times Rooney.

You can sprint around all you want but if you're completely clueless when you get the ball, you're never going to score. I don't think we'll ever score another goal at Old Trafford unless Moyes gets his finger out and appoints some progressive coaches, because him and Phil Neville couldn't arrange a piss up in a brewery.
Finally someone said something for themselves, instead of the same aul spout being chucked around, to hop aboard the bandwagon of the Moyes out campaign..

I've said that shit from day one (and got my arse served on here for saying it), that Moyes gettin rid of the backroom staff should never have been allowed. The only person in should have been Moyes - end of!

We didnt agree to complete overhaul. We agreed mostly, to Moyes coming in on Fergie's recommendation. That was it!

But i still dont agree with the players not gettin any flack - its all Moyes' fault time & time again with United fans. Ask non-United fans & they'll say its a combination of both. They're not feckin children for Christ sake - they should be able to motivate themselves in a Derby or a Pool game, without a word being said by the manager. Fergie said so himself!

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Maybe, just maybe, if we all imagine it hard enough he'll be sacked in the morning. You have to truly believe!

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
He was havin a mediocre season - of course he was! Form is temporary tho..

I'm not talkin bullshit - i just think you lot are jumpin on the bandwagon & not thinkin for yourselves. I also think that some football fans think a manager has some magic wand from the side-line & makes the players better than they are on the field of play, even though they're up against a seriously brilliant team like City were tonight. Give City some feckin credit for Christ sake & Liverpool too.. That pains me to say that, but its the truth. Both teams have evolved into great teams this season - put that shit into perspective!
Do you think Liverpool would have done as they have this season with Hodgson or Dalglish still in charge?

Cal?

CR7 fan
We've become a bit of a circus this season, haven't we? One to rival Real Madrid as well. We should have our own soap.
Real Madrid would have fired him 2-3 times already for these results.

Revan

Assumptionman
Do you think Liverpool would have done as they have this season with Hodgson or Dalglish still in charge?
Of course. Hodgson especially. They should have given him 4 years (or was it 6) for that to happen though.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
So last year they were good enough this year they suddenly are not?

Age for Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, RvP ok, but also DDG, Rafael, Jones, Evans, Smalling, Hernandez, Kagawa, Welbeck are more experienced and entering their prime.

Injuries? Like we didn't have every year in the last 20 years?

60m spent, to assess squad weaknesses.

Fabio loaned out with the clear mind we don't have a cover for Evra?
The top teams have strengthened since last season & their teams have matured also.

We won the league because of Chelsea & City being in disarray & we bought RVP. Both now have a settled structure, not to mention Liverpool clicking also!

If Jones, Rafe, Evans, Smalling, Hernandez are entering their prime - my sums are totally fecked up then! They're not gonna take us back to to the top of the tree any season soon!!

Plugsy

In about 9 months time, which is when I reckon is the earliest time the board will consider sacking him should there be no improvement. I honestly do not believe £200 million worth of players could save this team now.
A good manager wouldn't need £200m

Enigma_87

You know who
The top teams have strengthened since last season & their teams have matured also.

We won the league because of Chelsea & City being in disarray & we bought RVP. Both now have a settled structure, not to mention Liverpool clicking also!

If Jones, Rafe, Evans, Smalling, Hernandez are entering their prime - my sums are totally fecked up then! They're not gonna take us back to to the top of the tree any season soon!!
We have "strengthened" as well. We spent 60m, so lets not find that excuse.

Chelsea, currently top, have Cech, Cole, Ivanovic, Torres, Terry, Lampard, Eto'o 30 years and older, who are their key players and generally older squad than us. They were in disarray because they didn't have a manager(much like us now).

The reason why they have a settled structure is because they have new managers, and neither of them is Moyes.

Jones, Rafael, DDG, Smalling, Hernandez, Kagawa - you can open a thread last year and see the comments in it, if you think they are bad players.

Cal?

CR7 fan

We have spent as much as Chelsea since the end of last season, both now have a much better manager than we do, there is our biggest problem.

Chelsea and City do not look like they'll match our points total last season.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
A good manager wouldn't need £200m
No one has ever spent that in one season, yet we are apparently set to. It boggles the mind that the Glazers are well known for being tight on spending, yet would prefer to give £200 million to a man who shows no signs of deserving it over hiring someone else who could bring more success on a third of that money.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Good point man & i totally agree.

I've always maintained an open perspective about how things have gone to shite. Just dont agree that its all down to Moyes - maybe i'm wrong & i'm open to criticism. I'm not a fair-weather fan or person in general.

The players should have the same attitude as Rooney has. Thats instinct - good players react to adversity. They're a feckin disgrace - apart from Evra tonight, he was fantastic i thought for the most part. Kagawa played decent aswell.. That was it, that i can think of!

Plugsy

I'd rather have Klopp and not sign anyone this summer, or Mourinho and have to sell 50m worth of players than Moyes spending 200m.
With you there.

No one has ever spent that in one season, yet we are apparently set to. It boggles the mind that the Glazers are well known for being tight on spending, yet would prefer to give £200 million to a man who shows no signs of deserving it over hiring someone else who could bring more success on a third of that money.
And it'll solve nothing as it's not the tools but the workman that's the problem. We'll invest heavily and still look dire.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
In about 9 months time, which is when I reckon is the earliest time the board will consider sacking him should there be no improvement. I honestly do not believe £200 million worth of players could save this team now.
I seriously dont even know what the feck is goin on anymore dude. Its feckin frustrating. He should never been allowed to get rid of the backroom staff. I'm more annoyed about that, than anything to be honest.

Round, Lumsden, Woods & Phil - WHAT'S YOUR CREDENTIALS IN COACHING A TITLE WINNING MACHINE?

Thought so!!

Status
Not open for further replies.