Moyes So Far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Last edited:

Drifter

American
Not a happy bunny.

Really feel the people behind these interviews have an agenda.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
No one has ever spent that in one season, yet we are apparently set to. It boggles the mind that the Glazers are well known for being tight on spending, yet would prefer to give £200 million to a man who shows no signs of deserving it over hiring someone else who could bring more success on a third of that money.
They won't. The Glazers will end this farce soon, I'm convinced of it. This is £200m we are talking about.

Steven Seagull

Aside from just missing out on CL money, the Glazers will be aware that the longer this goes on, the more the united brand (eughh) is associated with a complete loser. A total laughing stock. It's silly things like twitter/facebook parody accounts getting millions of followers that will hurt them commercially as well.

Not a happy bunny.

Really feel the people behind these interviews have an agenda.
Yeah massive agenda going into work today bad being ripped the p-s out of by City fans.

They should just be happy going to Old Trafford and seeing Liverpool and City walk away with 3-0 wins.

The only agenda they have is wanting United to do better.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
He is quoted by the Mirror as saying: "We have played a very good side, playing at the sort of level we are aspiring to. We need to come up a couple of levels ourselves because at the moment we are not there."

He added: "We didn't start the game well. They were very good but we grew into the game and up into the second goal we had a fighting chance. But we weren't good enough in the end."

The night could have been even worse after Marouane Fellaini was perhaps fortunate not to see red after appearing to throw an elbow at Pablo Zabaleta.

Moyes said: "My first feeling was that Fellaini's yellow card of a foul on Pablo Zabaleta wasn't even a free-kick, but I genuinely haven't seen it again and people have said to me that it was worse than that."
He said: “I take responsibility. I have to be the one who plays them, picks them and that is what it is. I don’t think tonight was in any way [down to] a lack of effort or lack of commitment from the players, in fact I thought they were fully there but in some areas we didn’t come up to scratch.”

Moyes, who has struggled to find reasons for some of United’s other defeats this season, was at a loss to explain why his team began the game so poorly.

Edin Dzeko scored the third fastest goal in Manchester derby history after just 44 seconds before the Bosnian added a second when he escaped from Rio Ferdinand to volley in a corner and then Yaya Toure completed a 3-0 victory.

And Moyes added: “We never started well. We never gave ourselves a great opportunity to get into the game. Manchester City started really fast and conceding a goal after 30 or 40 seconds made it difficult. I think we only touched it twice, a block and we might have kicked one out for a throw in before they got the goal.

“And I didn’t think we started the second half well. We brought pressure on us by our play and in the end we conceded a corner just before that and there was another one and then that let to goal. It was obviously poor marking and we should have done much better.”

Moyes admitted that it is a long-term job to get United, who have been champions 13 times in the past 21 seasons, back to the top.

He said: “You don’t just suddenly change things around. As I said the other day, a lot of other clubs have had to change and they have had to do rebuilding jobs and look at the time it has taken them to do that or get to a level of competing. We hope it won’t take us as long as some of those clubs have taken.

“Everyone knows this is going to be a job which is going to take a little bit of time to get the way we would like it but that is the job and I recognise that.”

And he said that United must now aim to reach the level of neighbours City, explaining: “I think we played a very good side. And it is the standard we need to try and aspire to get to at this moment in time.”
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1764375/david-moyes-city-level-manchester-united-aspire-to?cc=4716

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...d-boss-david-moyes-takes-blame-defeat?cc=4716

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
This club is in freefall, you need to avert this crisis with a manager like Guus Hiddink before it's too late. People seem to forget how much money a club loses when they don't partake in the CL. This thing could become a vicious circle very fast.

I'm 100% sure Hiddink is the best man for the job at United in the state you are at the moment, he's free too I believe. He won't come cheap, but will worth it in the long run.

I know it's not the United way to sack managers mid season but sometimes you have to do ugly things to keep a beautiful club's existence. It's about time you cut your losses and get the right man in to turn the tide. I honestly think it's what your owners are waiting for now, see if he can pull a miracle Cl win or past Bayern at least or else he's out. It'll probably be the last straw for him, and righly so.
Yes, yes, Hiddink would be wonderful.

But he's taking over Holland after the WC, no?

arthurka

OK this speaks for it self:

And 2014 results:

PL
1.jan lost 1-2 vs Tottenham L
11.jan won 2-0 vs Swansea W
19.jan lost 3-1 at Chelsea L
28.jan won 2-0 vs Cardiff W
1.feb lost 1-2 at Stoke L
9.feb drew 2-2 vs Fulham D
12.feb drew 0-0 at Arsenal D
22.feb won 2-0 at Crystal P W
8.mar won 3-0 at WBA W
16.mar lost 3-0 vs Liverpool L
22.mar won 2-0 at West Ham W
25.mar lost 3-0 vs City L

12 matches
Lost 5
Drew 2
Won 5

FA CUP
5.jan lost 2-1 vs Swansea L

1 match
Lost 1

COC(K)
7.jan lost 2-1 at Sunderland L
22.jan won 2-1 vs Sunderland W(L)
LOST in PEN

2 matches
Lost 2

CL
25.feb lost 2-0 at Olympiakos L
19.mar won 3-0 vs Olympiakos W

2 matches
Lost 1
Won 1

So all in all:
17 matches

Lost 9
Drew 2
Won 6

Still think he´s the right man??

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I have decided. 12-0 vs Bayern loss on aggregate would see him lose his job.

I'm all for it.

Woodzy

I just cant believe it. How can a club to fall so far from grace in less than 12 months and the manager not be under any pressure. A decline should not be so rapid. We are a laughing stock.

Yes, yes, Hiddink would be wonderful.

But he's taking over Holland after the WC, no?
Van Gaal then mate. We need a top drawer manager used to holding the reigns at a big team. Moyes isn't that.

finneh

I think one of the most damning things about Moyes' tenure has been the total lack of a response after the pre-game and half time team talks. We often play worse after half time and often start games slowly.

You look at City last night and Liverpool last week and it's clear they've been motivated, they've been told to start on the front foot and put some immediate pressure on us, like greyhounds out of the trap. Last night we were fortunately only 1-0 down at half time, that's where a manager earns his money. We were given the chance to start the second half as they started the first and really get at them. We looked like our half time team talk consisted of a few pats on the back and a few laughs.

Clearly Moyes is unable to motivate these player's. Whether that's because he is a poor manager or whether the player's have completely given up on him after the last 9 months is up for debate. Either of these only really have one ending though.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yes, we are all undoubtedly under the impression that Moyes is not cut out for this level of job. But I feel for him, I really do. He is not a bad manager, he is just not suited to this size club. But his appointment was done in the wrong way. The board messed up. Fergie wanted to appoint Moyes, it was the Boards place to say "we will take your opinion into consideration and we will interview him, but we will be advertising the job."
For all we know, they could have approached Moyes for an interview and he may have said no. We will never know that. Moyes was pretty much thrown in the deep end in being told that he is the next United manager, he had no real choice, as its been said by a few people that he would regret it for the rest of his life if he didnt take it. He should have been offered an interview...not the job outright.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
you obviously know I don't mean in the bloody newspaper...but they do make it known that the position is available and ask for people to make their interest known.
I think Jose did and we fecked him off. Rightly or wrongly. It was quite well known that Ferguson was leaving.

DomesticTadpole

I think Jose did and we fecked him off. Rightly or wrongly. It was quite well known that Ferguson was leaving.
Yeah, so where is the list of other people who were interested...it wasn't only Jose. And that is also down to Bobby Charlton...because he doesn't like him, so great, we have Moyes because the Board doesn't want to go against Fergie and Charlton...great.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Not amongst the players, by all accounts. The club seemed to go to great lengths to stop anyone knowing Fergie was going to retire, after what happened the first time.

I agree that advertising the post would be daft though. You wouldn't put out an advertisement for a senior position like this in any industry.

DomesticTadpole

Not amongst the players, by all accounts. The club seemed to go to great lengths to stop anyone knowing Fergie was going to retire, after what happened the first time.

I agree that advertising the post would be daft though. You wouldn't put out an advertisement for a senior position like this in any industry.
ok, maybe advertising was the wrong word to use, but it is pretty easy to make managers aware that the club is accepting applications if they wish to put their interest forward

Lance Uppercut

I don't know if the Bayern game will change anything. We aren't expected to win. I don't believe that expectation would change if SAF himself were still in charge.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I don't know if the Bayern game will change anything. We aren't expected to win. I don't believe that expectation would change if SAF himself were still in charge.
Yeah, but if we get humiliated and play really badly, it could change the tide.
(this is me more hoping than anything)

Amir

They won't. The Glazers will end this farce soon, I'm convinced of it. This is £200m we are talking about.
I still reckon that because they know nothing about football, they will accept Fergie and Sir Bobby telling them "it could have happened to any manager, he just needs a little more time". And I really fear it. I doubt he'll survive a season year like that, but one? Yeah...

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
Anyone think if Villa get something against us and Bayern tonk us there'll be serious thoughts to Moyes getting the boot?

Ixion

Can't really judge him on the Bayern match if we lose, there's no expectations. He should be judged on the whole season.

Bojan11

The alarm bells started in pre season, when we were losing to Mickey Mouse teams. Folks always take pre season games seriously!

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I still reckon that because they know nothing about football, they will accept Fergie and Sir Bobby telling them "it could have happened to any manager, he just needs a little more time". And I really fear it. I doubt he'll survive a season year like that, but one? Yeah...
They do know about sports management in general, though. I think they'll listen to what SAF/Sir Bobby say but won't be afraid to ignore them.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised at all if SAF himself is running out of patience - no matter what he says to the contrary.

Lu Tze

Hopefully. Bayern will tonk us fwiw. I expect an aggregate of around 5 goals.
Really? That's optimistic. I'm thinking 8-0. Bet you Jones will get himself injured vs Villa and we'll end up having to play Rio.

Lu Tze

No, I expect a 3-0 drubbing at home and then them just relaxing after putting a couple past us at the Allianz Arena.
Yeah, could go that way. If we piss them off by putting in a couple nasty challenges(I'm looking at you, Rafael and Fellaini) they could choose to put up a cricket score.

Bojan11

I think we could be the downfall of Bayern. They had it so easy in the league and will against us. That they might get a shock in the semi finals, when they face a decent team.

Status
Not open for further replies.