Moyes So Far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal?

CR7 fan
With you there.

And it'll solve nothing as it's not the tools but the workman that's the problem. We'll invest heavily and still look dire.
Mata as a right winger most the time, what next? Sign Kroos and play him as a false 9 and Rooney in midfield?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I seriously dont even know what the feck is goin on anymore dude. Its feckin frustrating. He should never been allowed to get rid of the backroom staff. I'm more annoyed about that, than anything to be honest.

Round, Lumsden, Woods & Phil - WHAT'S YOUR CREDENTIALS IN COACHING A TITLE WINNING MACHINE?

Thought so!!
I understand why he did it, but I was completely against the idea, as was Fergie apparently who told him to keep the stability by maintaining meulensteen, Steele, Phelan etc. It can be a good thing to have your own confidantes by your side when entering a new area, but this isn't any old club: it was the biggest hotseat in the world opening up, and he needed as many personal aides who knew the club inside out as he could.

When you watched Fergie on the bench with Phelan, he was constantly discussing what he thought of the game, looking down at his notepad and often going to the touchline to voice out commands for him when needed. Whenever you see Moyes on the bench, it is always him saying things to Round and Neville, and those two sitting there as if they are just spectators to the game. It really does not show any sign of leadership or authority from this bunch, and I can't imagine their coaching qualifications are helping us much either, as qualities to our game are seriously lacking such as finishing, crossing and zonal marking. For those who play the game regularly yourselves, you know how vital tactical and technical training is, and even the top players need world class training week in, week out to maintain a level of consistency. Our training levels do not show on the pitch under Moyes and his crew, and this supposed "intense fitness" regime he has imposed doesn't show any improvement towards the last 20 either, but in fact has prohibited us from pushing intensely at all (hence why we haven't scored hardly any important goals in the final 20). The only coach who has earned his spot here is Woods who has seemed to have done a great job carrying on de Gea's progress.

To this day I think that was the first major error Moyes has made, and could even be the most fatal of all in the end.

Triple.Threat

money given to Moyes to spend with his mid-table/19th century game plan is money wasted period. How could us spectators see that yet the money men are sticking by him and are actually willing to backup him up and give him funds to spend.

Moyes problem isn't personnel, it's his inability to motivate his players, adapt to a massive club's mentality and expectations and he's obviously incapable of altering his tactics or making right substitutions to swing games into his favor.

I totally lost all faith in him, i got the feeling he could have Thiago Silva, Pogba, Vidal, Kroos, Ronaldo on top of what we currently have (minus the deadwood) and he wouldn't know how to use them correctly.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just for a summary, 3-0 home defeats to biggest 2 rivals, 6 home league defeats out of the first 15 games, miles off the top 4, top 6 looking doubtful.

Oh dear.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Mata as a right winger most the time, what next? Sign Kroos and play him as a false 9 and Rooney in midfield?
Thing with Mata is, against west ham he was BEHIND the striker.

Against City he was in a 4-3-3 as a right winger, again ineffectual.

I agree with you with positions, yes we could opt for a different manager but the board won't, the glazers won't they don't realise football has moved on since the bygone era of SAF, a manager of Moyes quality cant stay for 10-20 hours hes like a lamb to the slaughter right now.

Cal?

CR7 fan
money given to Moyes to spend with his mid-table/19th century game plan is money wasted period. How could us spectators see that yet the money men are sticking by him and are actually willing to backup him up and give him funds to spend.

Moyes problem isn't personnel, it's his inability to motivate his players, adapt to a massive club's mentality and expectations and he's obviously incapable of altering his tactics or making right substitutions to swing games into his favor.

I totally lost all faith in him, i got the feeling he could have Thiago Silva, Pogba, Vidal, Kroos, Ronaldo on top of what we currently have (minus the deadwood) and he wouldn't know how to use them correctly.
We could have the entire Bayern squad with Messi and Ronaldo and I'm convinced he'll not win the title against Mourinho's Chelsea next season.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Thing with Mata is, against west ham he was BEHIND the striker.

Against City he was in a 4-3-3 as a right winger, again ineffectual.

I agree with you with positions, yes we could opt for a different manager but the board won't, the glazers won't they don't realise football has moved on since the bygone era of SAF, a manager of Moyes quality cant stay for 10-20 hours hes like a lamb to the slaughter right now.
Surprise surprise he had one of his only good games in a United shirt playing in his preferred position...

Sam

A mate text me earlier saying we haven't scored a goal from open play against any team in the top 8 this season. I have no idea if its true, surely its not?

If it is, well, i just don't know what to say tbh.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Should be some interesting reading on Wednesday, I think it is fair to say Moyes has lost the fan's and the journalist's.

Pscholes18

In about 9 months time, which is when I reckon is the earliest time the board will consider sacking him should there be no improvement. I honestly do not believe £200 million worth of players could save this team now.

I wouldn't trust that muppet with the $5 in my wallet much less 200 mil.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
A mate text me earlier saying we haven't scored a goal from open play against any team in the top 8 this season. I have no idea if its true, surely its not?

I think Hernandez got a goal from open play when already 3-0 down against Chelsea, only one that comes to mind,
It's not hard to see we're clueless on how to break teams down or play through sides though, Moyes and his dogs of war approach wasn't ever going to cut it here in an attacking sense.

Cal?

CR7 fan

Moyes out? :angel:

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Good point man & i totally agree.

I've always maintained an open perspective about how things have gone to shite. Just dont agree that its all down to Moyes - maybe i'm wrong & i'm open to criticism. I'm not a fair-weather fan or person in general.

The players should have the same attitude as Rooney has. Thats instinct - good players react to adversity. They're a feckin disgrace - apart from Evra tonight, he was fantastic i thought for the most part. Kagawa played decent aswell.. That was it, that i can think of!
Not all down to him I agree, no matter how bad a motivator or man-manager someone is, players should always be working hard to do their best. But I tend to go with Occam's Razor on stuff like this - is it likelier that our squad have decided to turn shit over the space of a few months out of spite, or is Moyes just out of his depth? Obviously that's a simplification, but Ferguson left a club where the manager was pre-eminent, and Moyes is now quite clearly not the person to fill that void. We needed a personality, someone that can imprint a vision into the club - take the foundations Fergie laid and build another great side. We should be challenging Bayern, not worrying that they're about to put double figures past us. We'd never have thought like this last year, with this same side. We'd think it would be tough but that there was a way past them. That confidence has been trashed in 7 months. We've gone from thinking we're a few signings away from competing with anyone in europe to hoping that £100m of signings will be enough to get us back into europe.

As a club, we still have the potential to take on anyone, and the right person with the right vision could turn us into an attacking outfit that would scare people again. I've tried to believe that Moyes is that man in the past, but let's be honest, he can try all he wants, he's not going to be it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

It's not true...
We scored off a rebound vs Chelsea, Welbeck scored a pretty nice goal vs Spurs, Rooney scored a pretty scrappy goal away to Spurs too. Erm... that's it.
More telling is that we have 2 wins against top half sides. 1 of those wins is home to Stoke after coming back from 2-0 down, the other a 1-0 against Arsenal. Then there is a draw away to Arsenal, home to Chelsea, home to Southampton, and the rest are losses. 2 losses to City, 2 to Liverpool, 1 to Chelsea, 1 to Everton, 1 to Newcastle, 1 to Southampton. Away trips to Everton, Newcastle and Southampton to come... I really can't see us winning any of those.

Nights

I'd rather have Klopp and not sign anyone this summer, or Mourinho and have to sell 50m worth of players than Moyes spending 200m.
Yep.

The idea of giving someone like Moyes, the biggest summer transfer spend we've had in the last two decades, is a frightening proposition.

KiD MoYeS

Remember when we dicked Arsenal 8-2? Well, I'm expecting something similar on Tuesday. The Bayern scout at last nights game must have been pissing himself laughing writing up a report.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Remember when we dicked Arsenal 8-2? Well, I'm expecting something similar on Tuesday. The Bayern scout at last nights game must have been pissing himself laughing writing up a report.
Us scoring 2 against Bayern? :nono:

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Any team thats pressed high and retains possesion of the ball has made us look very uncomfortable and gotten a good result aganst us, and Guardiola is the master of it, so I expect nothing less than a convincing humbling next up, they'll probably however take pity on us and take their foot off the gas before it becomes an 5+ job, conserve energy and time... German efficiency and all that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Any team thats pressed high and retains possesion of the ball has made us look very uncomfortable and gotten a good result aganst us, and Guardiola is the master of it, so I expect nothing less than a convincing humbling next up, they'll probably however take pity on us and take their foot off the gas before it becomes an 5+ job, conserve energy and time... German efficiency and all that.
It'll probably be like 6-1 on aggregate. Can't see it being much of a contest, they'll score an early goal then just be in control of both games and just take it easy. Consolation goal in one of the games for us.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
It'll probably be like 6-1 on aggregate. Can't see it being much of a contest, they'll score an early goal then just be in control of both games and just take it easy. Consolation goal in one of the games for us.
Yup, my take on it as well, away from home, I'd see them relaxing as "job done" at around 3-0, and eventually we''d lose on aggregate 5-6... except I can't see us even scoring a consolation from open play.

KiD MoYeS

I don't see us scoring against Bayern anytime over the two legs. Olympiacos would've provided a sterner contest for Bayern.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
From the BBC. http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26742897
David Moyes: Man Utd boss takes responsibility after Man City loss
Manager David Moyes took responsibility for Manchester United's dramatic decline this season after a dismal home defeat to Manchester City.

The reigning champions are seventh, 18 points adrift of leaders Chelsea after City inflicted United's sixth home league loss of the season.

"I am the one who picks the team," Moyes said. "I take responsibility and always will do. It is disappointing."

A rapid decline at United

After 31 league matches last season, United topped the table on 77 points - 12 clear of City. After the same number of games this season, the Red Devils are 26 points worse off, 15 behind their rivals who have two games in hand

"I thought it would be a tough year but I hoped it would be more competitive."

The defeat means United have now lost more league games at home this season than in the previous three campaigns combined.

In nine matches against the Premier League's top five, they have won just once, against Arsenal in November.

Despite reaching the quarter-finals of the Champions League, United have fallen well short of the consistency which saw them win the title by 11 points under Sir Alex Ferguson before his retirement last summer.

"Everybody knows this is a job that is going to take a little bit of time to get the way we would like but that is the job," added Moyes, 50.

"Other clubs have had to do rebuilding jobs - we hope it won't take as long as some others but we have a period of time to get to that level.

"There are a lot of really good players in the squad, a lot of internationals, who, on their day, can be a match for most players."

United against the Premier League top five
  • Chelsea: 0-0 draw (home); 3-1 defeat (away)
  • Man City: 4-1 defeat (away); 3-0 defeat (home)
  • Liverpool: 1-0 defeat (away); 3-0 defeat (home)
  • Arsenal: 1-0 win (home); 0-0 draw (away)
  • Everton: 1-0 defeat (home); away fixture 20 April
The former Everton boss admits he hoped United would be "closer to the top of the league than we are at the moment," but believes his side did not "lack effort or commitment" against their local rivals.

City, who were the last team to deny United the title in 2012, scored through Edin Dzeko after 43 seconds at Old Trafford and the Bosnian doubled the lead before Yaya Toure struck a third late on.

"We never came out of the blocks," added Moyes. "We never got started. For Manchester City to score inside the first minute gave them a really big lift.

"I told the players at half-time that we wanted to start the second half stronger and that we needed to play in their half but we never really got that."

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
From the BBC. http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26742897
David Moyes: Man Utd boss takes responsibility after Man City loss
Manager David Moyes took responsibility for Manchester United's dramatic decline this season after a dismal home defeat to Manchester City.

The reigning champions are seventh, 18 points adrift of leaders Chelsea after City inflicted United's sixth home league loss of the season.

"I am the one who picks the team," Moyes said. "I take responsibility and always will do. It is disappointing."

A rapid decline at United

After 31 league matches last season, United topped the table on 77 points - 12 clear of City. After the same number of games this season, the Red Devils are 26 points worse off, 15 behind their rivals who have two games in hand

"I thought it would be a tough year but I hoped it would be more competitive."

The defeat means United have now lost more league games at home this season than in the previous three campaigns combined.

In nine matches against the Premier League's top five, they have won just once, against Arsenal in November.

Despite reaching the quarter-finals of the Champions League, United have fallen well short of the consistency which saw them win the title by 11 points under Sir Alex Ferguson before his retirement last summer.

"Everybody knows this is a job that is going to take a little bit of time to get the way we would like but that is the job," added Moyes, 50.

"Other clubs have had to do rebuilding jobs - we hope it won't take as long as some others but we have a period of time to get to that level.

"There are a lot of really good players in the squad, a lot of internationals, who, on their day, can be a match for most players."

United against the Premier League top five
  • Chelsea: 0-0 draw (home); 3-1 defeat (away)
  • Man City: 4-1 defeat (away); 3-0 defeat (home)
  • Liverpool: 1-0 defeat (away); 3-0 defeat (home)
  • Arsenal: 1-0 win (home); 0-0 draw (away)
  • Everton: 1-0 defeat (home); away fixture 20 April
The former Everton boss admits he hoped United would be "closer to the top of the league than we are at the moment," but believes his side did not "lack effort or commitment" against their local rivals.

City, who were the last team to deny United the title in 2012, scored through Edin Dzeko after 43 seconds at Old Trafford and the Bosnian doubled the lead before Yaya Toure struck a third late on.

"We never came out of the blocks," added Moyes. "We never got started. For Manchester City to score inside the first minute gave them a really big lift.

"I told the players at half-time that we wanted to start the second half stronger and that we needed to play in their half but we never really got that."
Interesting.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
David Moyes is basically Lt. Sobel from Band of Brothers. He's apparently a hard-working disciplinarian who doesn't have a clue when it comes to actually winning and playing good football.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke

As I said in the other thread, he speaks constantly about what a huge job he has to do and how he has to rebuild the squad, as if he took over a shambolic club. He took over the champions FFS. I wish someone in a presser would call him out on this.

In the very next sentence he goes on to say that we have many good players. Which only points to one thing, not having a good manager.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
No one has ever spent that in one season, yet we are apparently set to. It boggles the mind that the Glazers are well known for being tight on spending, yet would prefer to give £200 million to a man who shows no signs of deserving it over hiring someone else who could bring more success on a third of that money.
There is no way we'll spend that amount, that was just a PR move to calm down the masses. It won't reach that sum when you combine the next summer and winter transfer windows.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
This club is in freefall, you need to avert this crisis with a manager like Guus Hiddink before it's too late. People seem to forget how much money a club loses when they don't partake in the CL. This thing could become a vicious circle very fast.

I'm 100% sure Hiddink is the best man for the job at United in the state you are at the moment, he's free too I believe. He won't come cheap, but will worth it in the long run.

I know it's not the United way to sack managers mid season but sometimes you have to do ugly things to keep a beautiful club's existence. It's about time you cut your losses and get the right man in to turn the tide. I honestly think it's what your owners are waiting for now, see if he can pull a miracle Cl win or past Bayern at least or else he's out. It'll probably be the last straw for him, and righly so.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
During press conferences or interviews, why are journalists so nice to him (not that I want them to tear him apart) ? He's barely been asked tough questions, where is Shreeves :lol: ?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Why hasn't he been sacked yet?!

Lessons learnt for the Moyes debacle: Strong godfathers are a prerequisite to take any job. Moyes only proves just how important it is as results arent everything.

Champions last season to (lucky to be) 7th within 10 months.

Ronnie O'Sullivan

This club is in freefall, you need to avert this crisis with a manager like Guus Hiddink before it's too late. People seem to forget how much money a club loses when they don't partake in the CL. This thing could become a vicious circle very fast.

I'm 100% sure Hiddink is the best man for the job at United in the state you are at the moment, he's free too I believe. He won't come cheap, but will worth it in the long run.

I know it's not the United way to sack managers mid season but sometimes you have to do ugly things to keep a beautiful club's existence. It's about time you cut your losses and get the right man in to turn the tide. I honestly think it's what your owners are waiting for now, see if he can pull a miracle Cl win or past Bayern at least or else he's out. It'll probably be the last straw for him, and righly so.
I would even welcome Benitez to replace this clown.... seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.