Naby Keita

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Wonder how much they've paid on top of the release clause to reach an agreement now.
Also wonder why the player would agree to go to Liverpool now when he might have options of top clubs after another good season for Leipzig...
£7m was reported in the transfer tweets yesterday

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
£7m was reported in the transfer tweets yesterday

Only losing out on £11m is also pretty good business for Leipzig considering they really want to keep him for another season.

RooneyLegend

From what I've seen which admittedly isn't much. Liverpool are getting rinsed on this one.

TheReligion

Abusive
He looked like he couldn't be arsed tracking back for the first goal. Obviously he must be a decent player but was dismal the other night.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC

Shit now, apparently.
Gotta wonder how much of it is mentally knowing you're off somewhere else.
If I knew I had a months notice to work before going to a company that'll pay me more in better surroundings I'm not 100% sure but pretty much certain my workrate and quality would drop massively. Same as the last week at School before the summer holidays you'd just fartarse around and barely put any effort in.

He's been fantastic for two seasons, nothing has changed this season apart from the fact he knows he's off so it's gotta be something affecting his mind rather than his talent.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If I knew I had a months notice to work before going to a company that'll pay me more in better surroundings I'm not 100% sure but pretty much certain my workrate and quality would drop massively. Same as the last week at School before the summer holidays you'd just fartarse around and barely put any effort in.

He's been fantastic for two seasons, nothing has changed this season apart from the fact he knows he's off so it's gotta be something affecting his mind rather than his talent.
Wonder how his attitude will be in a few seasons if a big team comes knocking.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

To be fair footballers need to retain a good form, while in other jobs you can easily take a break and return to the job after without it seriously affecting your performance. So the comparison isn't great.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Wonder how his attitude will be in a few seasons if a big team comes knocking.
Probably exactly the same, not many players around that perform to the same level despite wanting to move or knowing they're about to. I'm under no illusions that if he comes to Liverpool and performs like he did last season that if a Barca/Real/PSG came knocking he'd wanna be off as fast as Coutinho did. It's human nature, even me as as a fan can't blame players for wanting to reach the pinnacle (PSG aren't imo but #Neymar)

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
To be fair footballers need to retain a good form, while in other jobs you can easily take a break and return to the job after without it seriously affecting your performance. So the comparison isn't great.

Why does he need to maintain good form? He's already moving and knows he's on a fat contract, he's already a mainstay for his country that won't drop him. He could sit out the season watching Game of thrones as long as he keeps himself fit, he's golden. If he was linked heavily to a club and started playing badly, then fair enough the club might move on. But the deals done, same as it was with Origi who absolutely bombed the season he stayed in France and got voted one of the worst players in the league. He certainly wasn't before he knew he was offski.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Why does he need to maintain good form? He's already moving and knows he's on a fat contract, he's already a mainstay for his country that won't drop him. He could sit out the season watching Game of thrones as long as he keeps himself fit, he's golden. If he was linked heavily to a club and started playing badly, then fair enough the club might move on. But the deals done, same as it was with Origi who absolutely bombed the season he stayed in France and got voted one of the worst players in the league. He certainly wasn't before he knew he was offski.
Because if he won't maintain the same level of intensity in his training and play, he's going to underperform in the next season?

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
When you guys get into these discussions where you compare professional Football with your day jobs underestimate Footballers' pride and their will to win. Even during training games or when they were growing up playing in the park they were trying to win every match. Not the same as answering e-mails at the office.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Because if he won't maintain the same level of intensity in his training and play, he's going to underperform in the next season?
Isn't that why managers wax lyrical about getting players in early for pre-season? He's playing, just not 100%. I don't think he'll have much problem getting back to peak form if he can actually be arsed, I could be wrong but he's probably playing on auto-pilot counting down the days til he moves.

Saying that I haven't seen him play once this season so it could just be he's off form or fitness isn't right. But I do think these buying a player and leaving them at their old club for a while deals can be counter productive. Perhaps part of his brilliance last season was eagerness to get a move, now it's happened he's just eased off. Who knows.

AshRK

If that's the case then I really question his attitude and professionalism. So according to your theory when things go wrong he will be the first to run away and look for next option.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
If that's the case then I really question his attitude and professionalism. So according to your theory when things go wrong he will be the first to run away and look for next option.
I've already said I fully expect that though, there's zero loyalty in 99% of modern footballers and I'm under no illusion the lads coming to Liverpool as a stepping stone to another club. As did Coutinho, as I think Mane will be off after another great season or two, as I think Can will be soon enough too. The trick is to get the best out of them while they're here, and definitely not sell them and keep them - more refuse to sell them and promise them a move the following season on the proviso they perform (As I'd wager is the deal Coutinho is on) and Suarez before him. Keita knows already he's bought and paid for, and will probably have a contract signed and wages agreed whereas Coutinho hopes he's going, and hopes he's getting a mega wage but he could feck that up if he plays like a donkey for a year, Keita doesn't have that worry as he's on a promise. Play well, play bad, doesn't matter as long as he stays fit and injury free. Coutinho also has to stay on form to keep his Brazil place. Keita doesn't have that issue.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Look at our very own Nemanja Matić, I wonder if you are you still questioning his attitude and professionalism? He was truly awful in that Mourinho season in 15/16 when things were going really wrong for Chelsea. Even forgetting that it's only been 7 games in of the current season, it doesn't really indicate that Keita is going to be a bad signing because his performance levels dip for a bit in a club he knows he won't even play for very soon.

Oakie

What you want to be hearing is he is a Model Pro who gets on with it as this shows poor mentality, Also its not like leaving Germany to live in Liverpool is a great prospect either so maybe he feels like he choose to soon after your recent form as right now i would not be happy i was having to play in that side next year.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
What you want to be hearing is he is a Model Pro who gets on with it as this shows poor mentality, Also its not like leaving Germany to live in Liverpool is a great prospect either so maybe he feels like he choose to soon after your recent form as right now i would not be happy i was having to play in that side next year.
Oh behave fella, Liverpool is no St Tropez but isn't some slum either and the premier league is a far more exciting prospect to a player used to two fizzy pop teams. I think you're forgetting Pogba, Falcoa, Ibrahimovic and Martial all chose to go to Manchester, when they were in far worse form than Liverpool are now. Unless you're in denial that United weren't utterly terrible under LVG and Manchester is a beautiful city ;)

johnamiri

Supports
Liverpool
Oh behave fella, Liverpool is no St Tropez but isn't some slum either and the premier league is a far more exciting prospect to a player used to two fizzy pop teams. I think you're forgetting Pogba, Falcoa, Ibrahimovic and Martial all chose to go to Manchester, when they were in far worse form than Liverpool are now. Unless you're in denial that United weren't utterly terrible under LVG and Manchester is a beautiful city ;)
Howszat ? Out:D

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Just watched a 'highlights 17/18' video of him.

I can honestly say Bundesliga appears to have some of the worst defending I've ever seen (from this video). The full backs don't seem to do anything. Scuffs his shots a couple of times, every goal is replayed like 3 times. Some good finishes and good passing. But 75M? No.

Video length 3:42. Pogba's is 6:52 and he's missed the last 6 games.

Not particularly worried about this guy.

Last edited:

johnamiri

Supports
Liverpool
He looks a very good player. The thing he lacks and what he can't have is the physical presence. At about 5ft 6in he is almost a foot smaller than an awful lot of players. Winning headers of any description in midfield will be extremely difficult for him. All will be revealed come January or July1st , whenever he is allowed to move

Nanook

I can honestly say the Swiss league appears to have some of the worst defending I've ever seen. The full backs don't seem to do anything. Scuffs his shots a couple of times, every goal is replayed like 3 times. Some good finishes and good passing. But 75M? No.

Swiss League?

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
He looks a very good player. The thing he lacks and what he can't have is the physical presence. At about 5ft 6in he is almost a foot smaller than an awful lot of players. Winning headers of any description in midfield will be extremely difficult for him. All will be revealed come January or July1st , whenever he is allowed to move
I didn't realise the league average was now 6'6..
In any case we could really do with him in January instead of the summer, absolute zero quality in depth atm.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

I can honestly say Bundesliga appears to have some of the worst defending I've ever seen (from this video). The full backs don't seem to do anything. Scuffs his shots a couple of times, every goal is replayed like 3 times. Some good finishes and good passing. But 75M? No.

Yes. Watching pre season highlight videos and comparing lengths is how the pro scouts do it as well.

Was it Wenger who once said in "modern football you can't buy anyone under 5 minutes anymore"?

Last edited:

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

Rafateria

I guess you've never been to Leipzig or Liverpool then.

TBH I'm with Hullyback, the vast majority of footballers are both dumb as feck and are money grabbing mercenaries. If you have a rosy star-eyed view of them as some sort of role-models you're deluding yourself. So long as he performs at or close to his form of the past few seasons that's all I'm concerned about.

Rafateria

Clearly the obvious and correct way to judge a player. Let's ignore the opinion of fellow pros and managers in the BL entirely and stick with what we know and love, YouTube.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic

Not particularly worried about this guy
:lol::lol::lol:

forevrared

Well Simon & Benjamin reckon he's shit, so I am not worried about him in the slightest. The new Possebon.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Not seen him so far this season, but Whoscored have him rated overall noticeably higher in Bundesliga this year than last, with consistently good ratings. And Squawka stats don't suggest he's been that far off, looks like he might have dropped off a bit defensively (lower overall defensive score, less interceptions, but more tackles won) but be contributing more from an attacking standpoint (more chances created and key passes, more successful take-ons at a higher %).

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Yes. Watching pre season highlight videos and comparing lengths is how the pro scouts do it as well.

Was it Wenger who once said in "modern football you can't buy anyone under 5 minutes anymore"?
Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.
Clearly the obvious and correct way to judge a player. Let's ignore the opinion of fellow pros and managers in the BL entirely and stick with what we know and love, YouTube.
I'm taking the piss. Relax.

Oakie

I guess you've never been to Leipzig or Liverpool then.

TBH I'm with Hullyback, the vast majority of footballers are both dumb as feck and are money grabbing mercenaries. If you have a rosy star-eyed view of them as some sort of role-models you're deluding yourself. So long as he performs at or close to his form of the past few seasons that's all I'm concerned about.
Yes i have been to Liverpool many, many times to the Mara-tine Museum(and other places) and it is a SHITHOLE only place ive lived that i think is worse is feckin stoke lets not kid our selves most of the north is run down and a crap hole.

he could of waited and been picked up by Monaco or any of the spain teams all would be better places to live,we still pull players as a team we are a known Trophy winning team the same can not be said for liverpool you are living on a name built 20 years ago you win next to nothing and celebrate finishing second you in the terms of world football are not relevant any more 1 trophy since 2005 is not the form of a so called big club.

Rafateria

Yes i have been to Liverpool many, many times to the Mara-tine Museum(and other places) and it is a SHITHOLE only place ive lived that i think is worse is feckin stoke lets not kid our selves most of the north is run down and a crap hole.

he could of waited and been picked up by Monaco or any of the spain teams all would be better places to live,we still pull players as a team we are a known Trophy winning team the same can not be said for liverpool you are living on a name built 20 years ago you win next to nothing and celebrate finishing second you in the terms of world football are not relevant any more 1 trophy since 2005 is not the form of a so called big club.
And what about the millions and millions of fans who support clubs that will never win anything, in leagues arund the world ? I fecking hate glory hunters who use the 'you're not relevant because you haven't won anything in x years' crap.

And yeah, clearly you know Liverpool as well as you know my arse.