Naby Keita

Sure he is buddy, I’m certain you have seen him play lots of times. Not based on YouTube-clips or wishful thinking at all, because Leipzig-games are on the telly all the time. At least this year, although Knob Keita hasn’t figured much because of all his red cards.
Can’t believe somebody actually fell for that bait. :lol:

So, is he actually any good? Over at RAWK he's a better version of KDB and Pogba combined.
From all accounts, he's supposed to be quite brilliant. I'm hoping that hype is unjustified but I doubt it. Looks to have loads of natural talent at the very least.

Came up with an huge reputation with loads of people on Caf itself rating him incredibly high.

He's been very, very average so far. If he was a Manchester United player, 75% of this board would've already written him off.

I think Fabinho has been worse.

Probably not as bad as another Monaco product in Bakayoko but still :lol:

About time they had a few flops.

Some posters who watched the Bundesliga claimed he was overrated in the summer. Maybe they were right.

Some posters who watched the Bundesliga claimed he was overrated in the summer. Maybe they were right.
Imagine labelling someone a flop after less than two months at a new club, my word :lol:

Imagine labelling someone a flop after less than two months at a new club, my word :lol:
Don't take it too personally, we label our own players flops quicker than rival players. Lindelof was the record I believe.

Worth remembering Ox had a slow start last season as well.

Kieta has said he’s struggling with the pace of the league and trying to adapt. I think he’s shown he can dribble quite well but has shown little else. I certainly wouldn’t write him off as there are glimpses. I think Fabinho is a dud though, like Bakayoko, he just isn’t very good.

Hmmm. He doesnt look up to much, does he. Early doors I guess but I thought this guy would be insanely good and so far he's struggling to even nail down a starting berth over the guys he was meant to displace.

Fabinho, even worse. Funny how that one is flying under the radar isn't it - he's featured even less than Fred, yet people are focused on Fred's lack of impact and gametime.

He will come good. The biggest problem with him is his reckless passing. Similar to Gündogan when he first arrived. I think he'll require another 3-4 months until he'll cement his place as a starter.

Kieta has said he’s struggling with the pace of the league and trying to adapt. I think he’s shown he can dribble quite well but has shown little else. I certainly wouldn’t write him off as there are glimpses. I think Fabinho is a dud though, like Bakayoko, he just isn’t very good.

I think Fabinho is just a poor fit for what Liverpool are trying to do. With the way they play they do not really need a pure holding midfielder.

I remember posting a nonsense quotes from a Pool ex legend who said he's better than Kante and laughed at it, just to get opposed by some. :lol:

He's definitely a very good player, but when you overhype someone to that level you'll be left disappointed at some point. Just evaluate him as what he's.

He is good player, still adapting to the pace of the league.

It's funny though when some Liverpool fan said Keita didn't take time to adapt at all and was good from the word go. Forgot which thread it was in.

Wouldn't write him off just yet, such early days. If he's still looking this average in a years time, then maybe it'll be fair to gloat and mock him.

Barely noticed him playing. Offers nothing on performances so far, despite apparently being bona fide world class when he arrived.

I actually think Fred and Keita are very similar in style and stages in their development, but Fred is starting from a lower physical base. Obviously expected coming from Shakhtar

My Liverpool supporting mate scoffed at me, after the palace game, for saying that as well. I think they’ll both end up being really good signings for both clubs. I think it’s easy to call people flops because of the money we spent on both of them.

Came up with an huge reputation with loads of people on Caf itself rating him incredibly high.

He's been very, very average so far. If he was a Manchester United player, 75% of this board would've already written him off.

I think he’s very talented but half this board would absolutely despise him here if he was a Mourinho signing.

Fabinho and Keita both havent impressed yet
Like someone above said, I don’t think Fabinho fits Liverpool’s team. He was a product of Jardim’s counter attacking system. He’ll have a hard time transitioning I think just as Bakayoko did.

Fabinho and Keita haven't looked great, but Alisson definately gives them a calmness they needed. He rarely doesn't secure the ball, or is badly positioned.

Dear god he’s shite. But then again I didn’t think he looked particularly good in Germany either.

I watch a lot of Bundesliga and I can safely say (and have said) he isnt close to being a world beater.

But he really hasn't hit any gear, he isnt even getting red cards regularly. He is better than what he has shown but not close to being the player Liverpool fans thought he was .

He's the archetypal Klopp midfielder. Runs a lot. Brainless. Loads of energy and stamina. Quick. Poor creatively.

Worth remembering Ox had a slow start last season as well.

This isn't an Ox thread and I'm an Arsenal fan so I'm probably biased but I really did not see all of the hype with Ox last season, overrated.

In fact for all of Klopp's talk about adapting to his system and playing his way. I didn't see a different Ox to the one that played for Arsenal. Yes he had a few great games but he did that for us as well. He didn't need to "unlearn" the Arsenal style of "pass-pass-pass" because he was never that type of player.

I'm not sure if he can ever fulfill his potential because he just keeps on getting injured.