Nani

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
You think Nani will improve his game no end if he's managed by Mourinho? He's almost 30 and he will only decline from now on. Maybe he can learn some tactical skills. But as they say "you can't teach an old dog new tricks". I'd much rather use your logic and hope Mourinho will improve Memphis to no end so he reaches his potential.

Age is but a number. Nani is still has the speed and fitness to get past players, his age is irrelevent tbh.

look at it this way if nani did come back to United then he would be our best winger (not including martial who isn't even technically a winger). Why would you not want someone that will be the best we have in that postion.

Looks like he's off elsewhere anyway but it wouldn't be such a bad move to get him back especially for the low price.

Impulse

FIFA generation. This has literally happened since about FIFA 11 when any player you signed on Career Mode literally died on their arse once they hit 30.
Eh? I still had Ronaldo banging in a goal a game at 37. Bale was still excellent til about 34 as well. I think it's only really those who peak really young in the game whose stats drop off significantly after 30, and Rooney is a good example of that irl.

Edit: That's really off topic.

United Pro

Age is but a number. Nani is still has the speed and fitness to get past players, his age is irrelevent tbh.

look at it this way if nani did come back to United then he would be our best winger (not including martial who isn't even technically a winger). Why would you not want someone that will be the best we have in that postion.

Looks like he's off elsewhere anyway but it wouldn't be such a bad move to get him back especially for the low price.
Age is but a number indeed and Nani is at an age where most winger's performance start dropping. Whether Nani would be our best winger is also very much questionable. I've seen at United for many years and near the end of his stint here he was so incredibly frustrating to watch and he started to perform at a similar level to what Memphis displayed this season. So to answer the question why would I not Nani back, the reason is because I feel that there are many many better options out there that are younger and will only improve with time rather than the decline that we'll see with Nani in the coming seasons.

Even Memphis will improve and will only get better considering he's just 22. The main problem with Memphis was the pace he lost due to him bulking up over last summer. If he loses some muscle and gets the pace he had at PSV, he has the potential to be very dangerous. Just think about the number of players in recent seasons in the league that have performed well largely due to their pace.

ti vu

Age is but a number indeed and Nani is at an age where most winger's performance start dropping. Whether Nani would be our best winger is also very much questionable. I've seen at United for many years and near the end of his stint here he was so incredibly frustrating to watch and he started to perform at a similar level to what Memphis displayed this season. So to answer the question why would I not Nani back, the reason is because I feel that there are many many better options out there that are younger and will only improve with time rather than the decline that we'll see with Nani in the coming seasons.

Even Memphis will improve and will only get better considering he's just 22. The main problem with Memphis was the pace he lost due to him bulking up over last summer. If he loses some muscle and gets the pace he had at PSV, he has the potential to be very dangerous. Just think about the number of players in recent seasons in the league that have performed well largely due to their pace.
Nani's quoted price is less than 10mil, which is cheaper than some below average Championship level players go nowadays. If we're interested, Nani is short term fix, not in hope he will flourish to Our starting winger for years! (different mindset). Memphis is like a wing forward in the mould of the recent C. Ronaldo than a winger which Nani is. We have Martial as our left wing forward. Memphis is not as good on he right wing. Also for the balance of the team, one of the wing should require more creative (chance creating) & defensive input which Nani trumped Memphis. Martial should be afforded the wing forward role than a winger.

stepic

We can do better than Nani, that's the point. He probably is better than Lingard but that's not difficult. We need someone better than Lingard and Nani.

Aki_United

He is the best player for Portugal in this tournament imo. Miss him...

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I've enjoyed watching him for Portugal, I'd welcome him back. We should never have got rid of him in the first place.

Womp

idiot
He's been very good this tournament, Portugal's best player. I miss those moments of magic he was capable of producing for us. :(

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He has his moments but I don't miss him at all.

... I do miss him during that one season he led our title challenge. Other than that he has been really frustrating to watch.

Donut

I'd like to see it from a different angle to be 100% certain, but from his position there is really no reason for him to try to have a shot like that. Nani also has a tendency for something incredible every now and then.

So with that being said, I'd say it's one of the best passes I've seen in the past few years. Bravo Nani!

Cypriot

Definitely a pass. You don't hit it with that technique otherwise and his eyes went straight to Ronaldo after he attempted it!! Really annoys me when people don't get credit for stuff like this :lol:

clarkydaz

I'd like to see it from a different angle to be 100% certain, but from his position there is really no reason for him to try to have a shot like that. Nani also has a tendency for something incredible every now and then.

So with that being said, I'd say it's one of the best passes I've seen in the past few years. Bravo Nani!
if you watch the reverse angle his eyes never look towards the goal, even following the pass. A shot couldn't be that poor and wide

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nani has always been capable of brilliant moments... he had that 2 year spell where he did it consistently and was up there with any winger in the world. Definitely a pass IMO. Happy for him, he's always the one that steps up for Portugal while Ronaldo makes it all about him.

criticalanalysis

It was definitely a pass imo but I think he probably wanted to lift it with the outside of his foot but instead he toe-poked/scuffed a powerful low ball through the defender's legs :D

I only saw from the 2nd half onwards but thought he was very inconsistent with the ball. Always VERY good touch and control but that decision making was 50/50. I think a manager just needs to tell him, 'do everything without thinking twice. If you're gonna try a shot, beat that player, run into the space (i.e don't go back or slow it down) and shoot. Same with passing and playing through balls/crosses'. Amazing talent sadly not fulfiled enough.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It was definitely a pass imo but I think he probably wanted to lift it with the outside of his foot but instead he toe-poked/scuffed a powerful low ball through the defender's legs :D

Very critical analysis. I tend to agree with this. Now I remember United against Bayern on CL, he did an incredible pass/assist from the left wing with outside of his foot. It was an incredible game, right until rafa's brainfart.

Footyislife

They just don't make two footed players like him anymore with his technical skills. I know he's inconsistent, but he can produce some magical moments. I'd rather have a player like that on the pitch against good defensive teams, than a consistent one who can't produce something great against a good defense.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Very critical analysis. I tend to agree with this. Now I remember United against Bayern on CL, he did an incredible pass/assist from the left wing with outside of his foot. It was an incredible game, right until rafa's brainfart.
Pretty sure you're talking about the 4-0 game against AC Milan. The Beckham game.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Pretty sure you're talking about the 4-0 game against AC Milan. The Beckham game.
You're right. It was still an incredible game. 2009. Feck, that's 7 years ago. That pass was so good, somehow people still remember it.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's definitely capable of it (and a lot more besides) but I'm not convinced that was a pass.

I'd still have him back.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Looked like a pass at first instance.. one of those Ronaldinho look elsewhere and pass type of ones. Upon replay, he mis hits it so it gives of the impression he didn't know what he was doing, so it is a tad confusing.

Fahad Jawaid

It was a shot, Nani does this alot, shifts and shoots, due to the players in front of him, he couldn't connect it properly and it fell for Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.