Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I think it's becoming clear Nasri has his heart set for a move to Old Trafford.
if thats the case then I will be delighted the club have him, if he signs obviously. I love when a player has the desire to play for United.

I wonder if paddy evra has been in his ear.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
@howardnurse
Howard Nurse
Lots of people asking about #Nasri. BBC Sport told today that #MUFC lodged a bid with #Arsenal two weeks ago. From impeccable source.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
@howardnurse
Howard Nurse
Lots of people asking about #Nasri. BBC Sport told today that #MUFC lodged a bid with #Arsenal two weeks ago. From impeccable source.
Muppet hat on: ^This^ means that Arsenal are getting a Nasri replacement before selling him to us.

Muppet hat off: Arsenal are pretending that nobody's bid for Nasri...the sneaky twits.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Muppet hat on: ^This^ means that Arsenal are getting a Nasri replacement before selling him to us.

Muppet hat off: Arsenal are pretending that nobody's bid for Nasri...the sneaky twits.
They're very close to Mata according to Spanish Media, so maybe they're waiting for concluding that deal.

Lance Uppercut

They're very close to Mata according to Spanish Media, so maybe they're waiting for concluding that deal.
Who is better, Mata or Nasri, in your opinion? I have seen very little of Mata.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
"@howardnurse
Howard Nurse
Lots of people asking about #Nasri. BBC Sport told today that #MUFC lodged a bid with #Arsenal two weeks ago. From impeccable source."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Arsenal's Samir Nasri remains Manchester United target

Manchester United remain hopeful of signing Samir Nasri although Arsenal say they have not received a formal bid for the French midfielder.

BBC Sport can confirm reports that United made a near-£20m bid for the 24-year-old within the last fortnight, and that the bid remains on the table.

Arsenal say no official bid has been made, just an expression of interest.

Nasri has so far refused to extend his Arsenal contract, which has only 12 months to run.

He is expected to meet Arsene Wenger for talks within the next 24 hours.

Wenger is already facing the prospect of losing captain Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona, having sold Gael Clichy to Manchester City on Monday.

The Arsenal manager is determined not to sell Nasri to United but knows the player could leave for nothing if he sits out the last year of his deal.

Chelsea and Manchester City have also been strongly linked with Nasri, and Wenger is reluctant to see one of his key performers, and a player he would like as a cornerstone of a rebuilt Arsenal team, move to one of his Premier League rivals.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, however, is determined to strengthen his midfield after the retirement of Paul Scholes and with Ryan Giggs coming to the end of his career.

Tottenham's Luka Modric and Inter Milan's Wesley Sneijder have been touted as possible Ferguson targets, but the fact that United have made a firm offer for Nasri suggests they are optimistic that a deal can be done, despite Wenger's determination not to sell - and especially to Old Trafford.

Arsenal have offered Nasri an improved, long-term deal at the Emirates and were confident he would sign towards the end of last season, but doubts have grown throughout the summer and suitors are encouraged they can now prise him away from Arsenal.

BBC Sport - Arsenal's Samir Nasri remains Manchester United target

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
I'd find it very hard to believe Mata would go to Arsenal, when he's bound to have bigger clubs after him next Summer or the Summer after that. If Arsenal sell Fabregas & Nasri - Mata's gonna be tryin to fill the void of two players, they could struggle big time for a Europa League spot if heads continuingly drop over the course of the season. Thats two massive players that might not be there by the start of next week - Arsenal are settin off on their pre-season tour of Pattaya on Sunday...

Name Changed

weso26
I doubt it was me, but if it was, I was clearly wrong. We'll see what happens, but I'd love to see the odds on both Cesc and Nasri to start the season as Arsenal players.
If they have anything to do with it, they won't be. Certainly not Fabregas anyway. If Arsenal get a 20m bid for Nasri, they should take it rather than lose him to nothing. I'm not saying I think we'll get him, because I don't.

alastair

ignorant
If they have anything to do with it, they won't be. Certainly not Fabregas anyway. If Arsenal get a 20m bid for Nasri, they should take it rather than lose him to nothing. I'm not saying I think we'll get him, because I don't.
I would take a lesser fee for Nasri if we could get him abroad, but your point is fair. I think we've actually reached a situation where it's more likely Nasri will go than Cesc, simply because Barcelona aren't putting in an offer anywhere near high enough to make us sell.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Who is better, Mata or Nasri, in your opinion? I have seen very little of Mata.
I'm no expert of Juan Mata bit I have seen him more then a dozen times for Valencia. Maybe it's better to wait for more accurate info from Ekeke. He's our Spanish expert. But until then here you go.

IMO they are different type of players. Nasri is IMO stronger and maybe a little bit better with the ball to his feet.

Mata is a very intelligent player who use smart movements to create space for himself and his teammates. He can play more or less in all attacking positions and is comfortable wherever you put him. As far as I can see his passing is very good and his end product is more then OK.

I let Ekeke give his version before I write to much but I think both are very good players but Nasri is proven in PL, that's an advantage.

Eugenius

Mata? Benzema?

It's like Wenger refuses to address the centre back and goalkeeping situations and just buys creative players and french strikers.

Dave89

Makes sense, the buying club's need is an important factor in a player's price, if they obviously need to replace Nasri they'll be expected to pay more.

Name Changed

weso26
I would take a lesser fee for Nasri if we could get him abroad, but your point is fair. I think we've actually reached a situation where it's more likely Nasri will go than Cesc, simply because Barcelona aren't putting in an offer anywhere near high enough to make us sell.
It seems clear that Sanchez is their number one target. At the moment, they don't need Fabregas although they will eventually buy him, it's just a matter of when. Arsenal need to get as much money as they can. They don't need to sell him as much as they do Nasri, with Nasri only having a year left on his contract. The problem is that the biggest bids Arsenal may receive for Nasri will probably come from English clubs. So what can they do? Either try and ship him abroad for a lower fee, or lose him to a rival. Convincing him to sign a new deal would obviously be the best thing to do but from all reports (which is only speculation) he wants to leave. Catch 22.

Transfer United Till I Die

I am totally in the know, honest
Incredible developments. I genuinely think now that nasri did agree to join us in June and that arsenal are trying to get in a replacement before revealing that he'll join us. Mental.

Name Changed

weso26
Barcelona are playing the long game and are determined to get Fabregas for the best price they possibly can.

He's gone in my view.
Arsenal have nothing to lose really if they deny him his transfer. Barcelona are bidding so little (allegedly) that they'll probably bid the same next season. At the moment, it seems like he's worth more to Arsenal if they keep him.

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
I'm no expert of Juan Mata bit I have seen him more then a dozen times for Valencia. Maybe it's better to wait for more accurate info from Ekeke. He's our Spanish expert. But until then here you go.

IMO they are different type of players. Nasri is IMO stronger and maybe a little bit better with the ball to his feet.

Mata is a very intelligent player who use smart movements to create space for himself and his teammates. He can play more or less in all attacking positions and is comfortable wherever you put him. As far as I can see his passing is very good and his end product is more then OK.

I let Ekeke give his version before I write to much but I think both are very good players but Nasri is proven in PL, that's an advantage.
He had an excellent few months before disappearing into the abyss. Nasri is excellent when it comes to retaining the ball but there's not really a lot else other than that. He doesn't really get in behind or penetrate defences as much as he should..he was doing that to great effect early on in the season, but after January he looked like the Nasri of old again. He's a good player, but is definitely not worth the money he supposedly wants. For what it's worth, I'd sell him for anything aorund the £25M figure being quoted..would be excellent business seeing as he's only got a year on his contract to run.

alastair

ignorant
To be honest, it wasn't Nasri's fault that he didn't appear as good towards the end of last season. When the whole team fades around you, it takes an unbelievable player to come out of that still looking great.

Name Changed

weso26
He had an excellent few months before disappearing into the abyss. Nasri is excellent when it comes to retaining the ball but he doesn't really get in behind or penetrate defences as much as he should. He's a good player, but is not worth the money he supposedly wants. For what it's worth, I'd sell him for £25mil..would be excellent business seeing as he's only got a year on his contract to run.
He hardly disappeared into the abyss. That's a bit of an exaggeration.

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
To be honest, it wasn't Nasri's fault that he didn't appear as good towards the end of last season. When the whole team fades around you, it takes an unbelievable player to come out of that still looking great.
Nasri was more content to hide behind Sagna rather than take players on, as he was doing earlier on in the season. His success earlier on in the season was down to him making intelligent runs across the fullback and centre-half. He rarely did that in the second part of the season when he found the ball in similar situations, opting instead to pass back to Sagna. Arshavin may have his critics, but the one thing you can't fault him for is taking players on and creating goalscoring opportunities. Nasri just doesn't do it frequently enough and is too content to look for the safe option every time. Having a good half-season doesn't warrant such a huge increase in wages in my book..we should get rid and look for other solutions.

Aint gota Kalou

Nasri was more content to hide behind Sagna rather than take players on, as he was doing earlier on in the season. His success earlier on in the season was down to him making intelligent runs across the fullback and centre-half. He rarely did that in the second part of the season when he found the ball in similar situations, opting instead to pass back to Sagna. Arshavin may have his critics, but the one thing you can't fault him for is taking players on and creating goalscoring opportunities. Nasri just doesn't do it frequently enough and is too content to look for the safe option every time. Having a good half-season doesn't warrant such a huge increase in wages in my book..we should get rid and look for other solutions.
That's probably down to him naturally being a central midfielder who is stuck out on the wings, rather than a genuine wing forward like Arshavin. He would fit us perfectly and someone like Mata might fit you a bit better as he's a bit more penetrative and more of a natural wide player.

Could be a good deal for both parties if Nasri comes to us and Mata goes to them.

Transfer United Till I Die

I am totally in the know, honest
what developments???:confused:
confirmation that a bid has been lodged, including from the bbc via united, and the fact that the offer has not been accepted or rejected. multiple sources claiming he wants to join united and the fact that arsenal have denied the bid today, which suggests they are stalling until they get a replacement to appease the fans. and the rumours from good sources in june that united had agreed a deal with nasri.

he'll sign a new deal tomorrow now!

Status
Not open for further replies.