Nba 2011-2012

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
The Paul trade has been resubmitted to Stern with some reconfigurements.

Does the Nets tampering with Howard mean they are 'banned' from signing him? They were saying that on PTI but I'm not sure if they were being serious.
I have no idea what would happen, but I would give you 99/1 odds that they'll sort it out between themselves and not report it. It's the American way. Ditto with the Paul trade, they'll find a way to sort it out without anyone suing or determining if Stern violated any rules nixing the trade.

I seriously doubt that would prevent them from signing Howard.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
If the Heat get Billups, I fancy them for the title, they lack a big man but they'll have a great squad with Billups.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Magic spokesman Joel Glass says the team has granted New Jersey, Dallas and the L.A. Lakers permission to talk to Dwight Howard's agent Dan Fegan to discuss possible trades.
If lakers can get him and CP3 it will be the best Xmas ever.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Odom traded for 'trade exception', paves way for Howard?

In a somewhat shocking move, the Dallas Mavericks acquired Lamar Odom from the Los Angeles Lakers late Saturday night.

The move comes on the heels of the news that the three-way trade between the Lakers, Houston Rockets and New Orleans Hornets that would have sent Chris Paul to LA is officially dead.

The real question here is why the Mavericks would help the Lakers in this way. Instead of sending out players, the Mavericks sent the Lakers the trade exception they just acquired as part of the Tyson Chandler trade. The Mavs were expected to use that exception to absorb additional salary in a trade for Dwight Howard.

Now it seems the Lakers will have the opportunity to try and do just that.
Lakers Trade Lamar Odom To Dallas | HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors

ha_rooney

Seems we have gotten very little for Odom who will be a loss for us and a good gain for the Mavs. I hope we can get Howard now otherwise it'll be a dreadful pre-season.

Stern has behaved like a cnut and I hope Paul considers some form of legal action against him. Whilst I am disappointed he has not come to the Lakers I'm astonished how Stern can use 'basketball reasons' as justification for killing the trade despite it being a very good trade for all 3 parties. This is probably the equivilent of winning the NBA championship for Dan Gilbert.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Seems we have gotten very little for Odom who will be a loss for us and a good gain for the Mavs. I hope we can get Howard now otherwise it'll be a dreadful pre-season.

Stern has behaved like a cnut and I hope Paul considers some form of legal action against him. Whilst I am disappointed he has not come to the Lakers I'm astonished how Stern can use 'basketball reasons' as justification for killing the trade despite it being a very good trade for all 3 parties. This is probably the equivilent of winning the NBA championship for Dan Gilbert.
I would certainly like to see someone decide whether Stern had the right to do what he did, because it seems pretty clear he didn't.

Who knows, maybe we'll get Paul next season after he stays with the Hornets because Stern won't approve any trades.

I would think the Odom trade means Howard is coming, but who knows with these new rules what the idea is.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
I would certainly like to see someone decide whether Stern had the right to do what he did, because it seems pretty clear he didn't.

Who knows, maybe we'll get Paul next season after he stays with the Hornets because Stern won't approve any trades.

I would think the Odom trade means Howard is coming, but who knows with these new rules what the idea is.
What I can't explain is that he claimed it wasn't due to pressure from other owners, while pressure from the other owners seems to be the only legitimate explanation to me.

Any other owner in the league can step in and nix a trade made by his own GM. So if the owner of the Hornets (the 29 other ownership groups in the league) raises a stink about a trade made by the Hornets GM, then the trade can be canceled in the same manner. I can buy that if that was the explanation.

But noooooo, David Stern tried to be vague for the sake of God-knows-why.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
When the team was sold to the league, Stern came out and said that there was no conflict of interests in the owning of the Hornets, and that the GM would be allowed to make basketball decisions, including trades, without interference.

Of course now it looks like they just said what they had to to get what they wanted.

Now, when it matters, they want to decide Hornet policy. If the other owners have the right to vote up and down any decision by the GM, fair enough, but I don't think anyone has said that's the way it would go. Because there's a huge conflict of interests there.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Pacers sign David West to a 2 year, 20mil deal.

Great pickup for the Pacers, a solid, no nonsense player, extremely underrated. Several good players have signed up poor teams, which I like to see admittedly.

I'm also a Pacer fan, from the old series against the Knicks. I hate Knicks soooooo much.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
When the team was sold to the league, Stern came out and said that there was no conflict of interests in the owning the Hornets, and that the GM would be allowed to make basketball decisions, including trades, without interference.

Of course now it looks like they just said what they had to to get what they wanted.

Now, when it matters, they want to decide Hornet policy. If the other owners have the right to vote up and down any decision by the GM, fair enough, but I don't think anyone has said that's the way it would go. Because there's a huge conflict of interests there.
Yeah it really just looks like Stern just makes shit up as he goes along.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
If the Lakers end up getting Howard instead of Paul because of this nonsense, it will be worth it. As much as I love a good point guard, LA have a tradition of having the best centers, and it's done us very well.

Honestly I think LA was giving up too much anyway. Gasol is a finesse player and thus won't suffer from age as much as others.

ha_rooney

CP3 closing in on moving to the other team in LA. It should be fun to see him link up with Blake Griffin.

Still think Lakers need a PG if we're going to compete against the younger teams.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I don't get it. If Paul is not allowed to move to the Lakers, then why is being allowed to move elsewhere?

Rooney1987

Its all over Twitter now that the CP3 to Clippers deal is dead. Seems like unless you want to deal every asset on your roster to the Hornets, NBA just wont deal him.

I just dont get it. The Clippers were offering a good package with young talent and a draft pick. How is it better that Paul walks at the end of the season, and the Hornets cupboard is completely empty.

ha_rooney

If Stern's killed the Clipppers deal he is a fecking idiot. How can you justify killing this one? The Hornets GM should resign. How the feck is it better for the Hornets to keep him for this season and then lose him to free agency as opposed to get trade picks? It's a joke.

RDCR07

Its all over Twitter now that the CP3 to Clippers deal is dead. Seems like unless you want to deal every asset on your roster to the Hornets, NBA just wont deal him.

I just dont get it. The Clippers were offering a good package with young talent and a draft pick. How is it better that Paul walks at the end of the season, and the Hornets cupboard is completely empty.
I think the Lakers' deal was better as in Hornets would have got a better deal out of that trade. Stern is a cheap ass, corrupt, fecking idiot.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
I think the Lakers' deal was better as in Hornets would have got a better deal out of that trade. Stern is a cheap ass, corrupt, fecking idiot.
No, the Clippers deal was significantly better. In the Lakers deal they got three good players, but it wouldn't have made them contenders, they weren't getting any young players back, and their cap siutation would have been ruined for a long time. That's not what a team losing their only star needs. A rebuilding team needs prospects, picks and cap flexibility. They were getting all of these things with the latest deal, and I can't for the life of me figure out why Stern blocked it. Paul isn't getting traded at this point.

That Clippers deal was great for the Hornets, should have went through. Feel bad for the Hornets in all of this.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
No, the Clippers deal was significantly better. In the Lakers deal they got three good players, but it wouldn't have made them contenders, they weren't getting any young players back, and their cap siutation would have been ruined for a long time. That's not what a team losing their only star needs. A rebuilding team needs prospects, picks and cap flexibility. They were getting all of these things with the latest deal, and I can't for the life of me figure out why Stern blocked it. Paul isn't getting traded at this point.

That Clippers deal was great for the Hornets, should have went through. Feel bad for the Hornets in all of this.
Agree.. Miami looked AWFUL two years ago, and you would think what the hell was Pat Riley thinking?! But they were planning for the future, and suddenly BOOM! To rebuild your team you need flexibility, you need cap space, because cap space will leave you with hundreds of players to choose from, while trading players outright leaves you only with a couple of choices that the other side is offering.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
The Clippers have claimed Billups off waivers, so that sounds like the Paul trade truly dead.

If the Hornets end the season with Paul on their team, Stern should be fired.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I definitely sense a suit being filed by the union on behalf of Paul after today. This ought to be good drama.

Rumor is Stern is killing any CP3 trades for two reasons: 1) he has such an ego that he refuses to take any backlash on his legacy for allowing such a commodity to leave New Orleans (the whole Katrina thing too) and 2) he's hoping to attract a buyer this season.

But it's obvious that CP3 is walking after the season. Still surprised the Knicks have not been involved considering that is the player's ultimate destination. Could the Knicks not swing an Am'are plus extra for him? Or is there simply nothing on the Knicks roster/future draft picks to add in with Am'are? (Assuming the Hornets would even want Am'are)

ha_rooney

Apparently NO will not take Amare in any trade so that's probably why NY haven't looked to make a move for him.

RDCR07

Well Jordan is staying with the Clippers, so is Gasol with the Grizzlies. David West is with the Pacers. Billups is with the Clippers. The Lakers are running out of options for backups.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
The article I just read on ESPN said that 'league officials' are now directing the trade negotiations with the Clippers on behalf of the Hornets! Did Stern trick the owners into buying him a team, that's he's now doing to run himself?

That would be some fecking balls.

The Hornets GM should resign, he looks like an idiot otherwise.

After a seemingly imminent trade routing Paul to the Clippers collapsed earlier Monday, sources told ESPN.com that the league officials negotiating on the Hornets' behalf had aggressively re-engaged the Clippers in talks in hopes of completing a deal as soon as Tuesday.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Well Jordan is staying with the Clippers, so is Gasol with the Grizzlies. David West is with the Pacers. Billups is with the Clippers. The Lakers are running out of options for backups.
I would have settled for Marc Gasol, the Grizzlies will be a force next season. The Lakers claim to be pursuing 'more than one' gigantic mega-trade, but besides Howard I have no idea who that would be.

If they don't use that trade exception in a trade for a frigging player before opening day I'm sending a dirty letter to Jim Buss.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
The article I just read on ESPN said that 'league officials' are now directing the trade negotiations with the Clippers on behalf of the Hornets! Did Stern trick the owners into buying him a team, that's he's now doing to run himself?

That would be some fecking balls.

The Hornets GM should resign, he looks like an idiot otherwise.
I don't think he does. He just looks like the epitome of someone doing their job and getting steamrolled by Stern. If anything, people seem to be sympathizing with him from what I can tell. The blowback is hitting the "league officials" the most.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
The Denver Nuggets have re-signed center Nene to a five-year deal that, according to sources close to the talks, can be worth more than $67 million.

The Los Angeles Lakers continue to loom as a potential destination [for Chris Paul] despite their apparent exit from the Paul sweepstakes on Saturday.

RDCR07

Paul is done with the Lakers. The Clippers just signed Billups and they have Mo for backup. I hope Paul just sticks out this season with the Hornets and then moves as a free agent in the summer.

RDCR07

And I heard Vince Carter is also moving to the Mavs. They are forming a very good team there to defend their title.

ha_rooney

At this point I'd rather we go for Howard than Paul. Signing Howard on his own with Kobe still at the team makes sense, signing Paul with Kobe and hoping to rely on Bynum for the entire season is taking a risk. Everyone can see Howard>>>Bynum but it appears the Buss twat who drafted him in the first place would rather keep Bynum.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
At this point I'd rather we go for Howard than Paul. Signing Howard on his own with Kobe still at the team makes sense, signing Paul with Kobe and hoping to rely on Bynum for the entire season is taking a risk. Everyone can see Howard>>>Bynum but it appears the Buss twat who drafted him in the first place would rather keep Bynum.

I'd say it's more that the Magic would be retarded to trade Howard for Bynum. They need to get a lot more back for him than a slightly overrated, injury prone big like Bynum. Buss would obviously prefer to have Howard, just can't get him with Bynum as the centerpiece.

ha_rooney

Bynum + Gasol should be enough to entice the Magic to trade. Possibly a draft pick as well. I doubt they could get a better deal than that?

RDCR07

Bynum + Gasol should be enough to entice the Magic to trade. Possibly a draft pick as well. I doubt they could get a better deal than that?
That would be a stupid trade now for the Lakers given the fact that they just lost Odom.