NBA 2017-2018

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Warriors will get all the hatred for making the finals uncompetitive but this Cavs team had the best player in the world,one of the most expensive rosters and multiple number 1 picks in the last decade so to end up with this roster is embarrassing. Rest of the East still not being able to beat them is even worse
To be fair the Celtics went to game 7 without Hayward and Irving.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Curry got robbed this time, no doubt about that.
IMLTHO it could have gone either way to be honest. Steph losing in 2015 though was daylight robbery. He averaged 26.0/5.2/6.3 whereas Iggy averaged 16.3/5.8/4.0. The rationale to give it to Iguodala though was because of his excellent defense - that he was somehow able to stop LeBron James scoring in that series. The irony is that LeBron's points total of 35.8 PPG in 2015 was the highest of any final that he's ever played in.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Wtf Lebron claims he played game 2,3,4 with a hand injury now ?
  • LeBron James played the last three games of the NBA Finals with a severe right hand injury.
  • James reportedly sustained the injury when he punched a blackboard following the Cavs Game 1 meltdown.
  • James hid the injury from plain sight and was wearing a cast when he was out of the public eye.
http://www.businessinsider.fr/us/lebron-james-hand-injury-finals-2018-6

Showed up like this after the game

kouroux

Stephen A. is not bad at all IMO. Skip is just a troll whom I found funny but after years of trolling it has gone boring. Nick Wright IMO is easily the worst.
I can't stand that Nick Wright nor C.C, two obnoxious know-it-all men. I much prefer the dynamic between Skip and Shannon. Shannon bet with Rob Parker 300 chicken wings pieces that the Cavs would win game 4 :lol:

MJJ

• LeBron James played the last three games of the NBA Finals with a severe right hand injury.
  • James reportedly sustained the injury when he punched a blackboard following the Cavs Game 1 meltdown.
  • James hid the injury from plain sight and was wearing a cast when he was out of the public eye.

Watching him play the last three games there was clearly something different about his game, the injury could explain it.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Hilarious. Did he say he punched the blackboard because JR Smith is stupid?

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I can't stand that Nick Wright nor C.C, two obnoxious know-it-all men. I much prefer the dynamic between Skip and Shannon. Shannon bet with Rob Parker 300 chicken wings pieces that the Cavs would win game 4 :lol:
Skip and Shannon are like two guys shooting the breeze down the pub. Neither one takes what the other takes too seriously and they have a laugh about it. Nick Wright and Chris Carter just seem to have a nasty vibe about them.

Skills

Snitch
IMLTHO it could have gone either way to be honest. Steph losing in 2015 though was daylight robbery. He averaged 26.0/5.2/6.3 whereas Iggy averaged 16.3/5.8/4.0. The rationale to give it to Iguodala though was because of his excellent defense - that he was somehow able to stop LeBron James scoring in that series. The irony is that LeBron's points total of 35.8 PPG in 2015 was the highest of any final that he's ever played in.
I remember reading writers were worried that LeBron would win it in 2015 on the back of a split vote. So they decided to only vote between Iggy and LeBron.

LeBron really got robbed though. Was by far the best players in the finals.

MJJ

IMLTHO it could have gone either way to be honest. Steph Lebron losing in 2015 though was daylight robbery. He averaged 26.0/5.2/6.3 whereas Iggy averaged 16.3/5.8/4.0. The rationale to give it to Iguodala though was because of his excellent defense - that he was somehow able to stop LeBron James scoring in that series. The irony is that LeBron's points total of 35.8 PPG in 2015 was the highest of any final that he's ever played in.
Fixed that for you.

Revan

Assumptionman
I remember reading writers were worried that LeBron would win it in 2015 on the back of a split vote. So they decided to only vote between Iggy and LeBron.

Writers are counts. I understand rationale behind a loser not winning it. But there are some extraordinary circumstances like in 2015 when LeBron without his two best teammates managed to win 2 games. Of course when you get swept or lose 4-1, you should not be eligible for it, but if you manage to win 2 or 3 games against a far superior team (and that was back then in 2015 with Cavs missing Love and Irving) with no player in the other team being great (though both Steph and Iggy were very good), you should win the award.

Similarly, very likely Green would have won it in 2016 if Dubs had won, despite that LeBron's performances were arguably the best individual performances from a player in the history Of NBA finals, while Green was just very good.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State

But that's always been the argument between "best" and "most valuable." No one can argue that LeBron has been the best player on the court for the last 4 finals because he's the best player in the world right now and has been for a number of years - no arguments. It's a different story though when you come to most valuable since at the end of the day a loss is a loss is a loss. The whole point of playing is to win and if you don't it doesn't matter how good you are, you are just not that valuable - you lost. That is not just my rationale but it appears the rationale of the final's voters pretty much from day 1. Steph should have won in 2015.

Skills

Snitch
But that's always been the argument between "best" and "most valuable." No one can argue that LeBron has been the best player on the court for the last 4 finals because he's the best player in the world right now and has been for a number of years - no arguments. It's a different story though when you come to most valuable since at the end of the day a loss is a loss is a loss. The whole point of playing is to win and if you don't it doesn't matter how good you are, you are just not that valuable - you lost. That is not just my rationale but it appears the rationale of the final's voters pretty much from day 1. Steph should have won in 2015.
LeBron was also by far the most valuable player in that finals. He won 2 games almost singlehandedly. His contribution to winning those 2 games was bigger than any GSW player winning the other 4.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Quoting Stephan A Smith in here should lead to a temporary ban.
Aren't Stephen A and Max Kellerman just actors anyway?
Stephen A:"blah blah blah"
Max:"I have to say I disagree Stephen A, and here's why, blah blah blah"

Moby

Dick
Hope LeBron doesn't end up on the rockets. I hate James Harden.
He's more or less gone to the sixers. Doubt he leaves the east, even though he would reach the finals if he joins Spurs or Rockets. No chance Warriors stop Pop+Lebron+Kawhi or Paul+Lebron+Harden.

But he's mates with Simmons and it seems a fairly obvious route for him. If Embiid stays fit, that will be one hell of a big 3.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Writers are counts. I understand rationale behind a loser not winning it. But there are some extraordinary circumstances like in 2015 when LeBron without his two best teammates managed to win 2 games. Of course when you get swept or lose 4-1, you should not be eligible for it, but if you manage to win 2 or 3 games against a far superior team (and that was back then in 2015 with Cavs missing Love and Irving) with no player in the other team being great (though both Steph and Iggy were very good), you should win the award.

Similarly, very likely Green would have won it in 2016 if Dubs had won, despite that LeBron's performances were arguably the best individual performances from a player in the history Of NBA finals, while Green was just very good.
I wish people would get off this "far superior team" stuff. Back in 2015 nobody had heard of Draymond, he was just another 2nd round draft pick who finally was getting some minutes in his 3rd season. Prior to the beginning of 2014-15 he had 13 starts. Klay had just come off his first all star performance and was still only 24. The fact that the Dubs were in the final was a huge shock to everyone. They were actually 6th favorites to win it all before the season started. The equivalent of the Washington Wizards before this season kicked off. The talk is that somehow LeBron was playing some super team. In reality he was playing a bunch of kids who had never been there before.

Skills

Snitch
I wish people would get off this "far superior team" stuff. Back in 2015 nobody had heard of Draymond, he was just another 2nd round draft pick who finally was getting some minutes in his 3rd season. Prior to the beginning of 2014-15 he had 13 starts. Klay had just come off his first all star performance and was still only 24. The fact that the Dubs were in the final was a huge shock to everyone. They were actually 6th favorites to win it all before the season started. The equivalent of the Washington Wizards before this season kicked off. The talk is that somehow LeBron was playing some super team. In reality he was playing a bunch of kids who had never been there before.
I agree. The warriors were super lucky to win it that season. If Love and especially Irving had won they would've lost them as they did the following season, against a better version of that team.

Cleveland just had some horrible luck.

Revan

Assumptionman
Cavs second best player was Matthew Dellavedova matey, that is all you need to know about how good Cavs were. If Irving and Love were not injured, obviously Cavs would have been favorites.

And while Dubs were just 6th favourites, they made a big jump and improved a lot during the season finishing with them getting best record in NBA, Steph getting MVP and Cavs losing their second and third best player.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Cavs second best player was Matthew Dellavedova matey, that is all you need to know about how good Cavs were. If Irving and Love were not injured, obviously Cavs would have been favorites.

And while Dubs were just 6th favourites, they made a big jump and improved a lot during the season finishing with them getting best record in NBA, Steph getting MVP and Cavs losing their second and third best player.
They did but how many number 1 seeds have just folded once the playoffs started. James Harden makes an annual event out of it. Can we just mention Tristan Thompson the 4th overall pick in the 2011 draft or Iman Schumpert who also was a number 1 in the same draft (at 17). How about JR, another first round pick. The Dubs also had a few number 1s too but most of their better players were untried, untested kids and they didn't have a leader like LeBron who had been there and done that many times before.

LeBron was also by far the most valuable player in that finals. He won 2 games almost singlehandedly. His contribution to winning those 2 games was bigger than any GSW player winning the other 4.
LeBron scored 40 and 39 in their two wins. Steph scored 37 in winning game 6 and led the team in scoring in 5 out of 6 games averaging 26 for the series. Most importantly - he won!

I agree. The warriors were super lucky to win it that season. If Love and especially Irving had won they would've lost them as they did the following season, against a better version of that team.

Cleveland just had some horrible luck.
It evened out in 2016.

EDIT: At the end of the day I should just be happy the Dubs won. I get way too defensive about this stuff. :wenger:

Last edited:

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
He's more or less gone to the sixers. Doubt he leaves the east, even though he would reach the finals if he joins Spurs or Rockets. No chance Warriors stop Pop+Lebron+Kawhi or Paul+Lebron+Harden.

But he's mates with Simmons and it seems a fairly obvious route for him. If Embiid stays fit, that will be one hell of a big 3.
Personally, think there’s a better chance of LeBron coming to LA. He owns property here, got married in SoCA, Lakers have a ton of cap space, decent young talent, best prep basketball in the nation for his sons, dreamed about playing for the Lakers when he was a kid, etc.

Kaos

I don’t think Philly would be the best fit tbh. On paper it looks great having him team up with two young all stars but the trouble is Simmons seems to be most effective with the ball in his hand since he’s not your conventional big, and I don’t see James settling for a standard SF role if that’s the case.

I actually think Boston would be his best fit providing Kyrie is on board, and if not they’d still probably be the most dominant team in the east even if they make Kyrie the sacrificial lamb and trade him.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Stephen A is just a blowhard but every so often there is a nugget of truth in there. Skip Bayless being a troll is actually a pretty good description. I think many of these other talking heads actually believe some of the guff that they spout but most of what Skip says is purely to attract viewers. I remember hearing something about why people listen to Howard Stern. It basically boiled down to those who hate him listen twice as long as those who like him, the common rationale from both sides being "I want to see what he'll say next." That is Skip Bayless in a nutshell. As to Nick Wright he comes across as a "know it all" who amusingly get things wrong more than any TV analyst currently plying his or her trade. Since he loves LeBron and hates the Warriors I am looking forward to seeing him squirm next week. Much like the haters listening to Stern I suppose. ;):D
Tbf, think that Chris Broussard is easily the best out there. The only one who actually has balanced view while all others have their standpoint already decided and push it whatever happens.
Stephan is not so bad (annoying at times but has some interesting takes). That tweet last night was like he couldn't wait to happen and post it, though.

Revan

Assumptionman

Spurs have nothi
I don’t think Philly would be the best fit tbh. On paper it looks great having him team up with two young all stars but the trouble is Simmons seems to be most effective with the ball in his hand since he’s not your conventional big, and I don’t see James settling for a standard SF role if that’s the case.

I actually think Boston would be his best fit providing Kyrie is on board, and if not they’d still probably be the most dominant team in the east even if they make Kyrie the sacrificial lamb and trade him.
I think that LeBron has hinted that he wants to play off the ball in the future (which is understanding), so Philadelphia is perfect in that aspect.

Houston is the best basketballing decision though and it gives him the best chance to win another couple of rings. I think that Simmons and Embiid need another couple of years at least to actually be ring winners.

Jim Beam

I think that LeBron has hinted that he wants to play off the ball in the future (which is understanding), so Philadelphia is perfect in that aspect.

Houston is the best basketballing decision though and it gives him the best chance to win another couple of rings. I think that Simmons and Embiid need another couple of years at least to actually be ring winners.
You said before and I agree. Houston and LeBron don't seem like the best fit with their style of play.

East is weak, it pretty much guarantees him to get to the final at least 2 more times. He should go to Philly imo.

Revan

Assumptionman
You said before and I agree. Houston and LeBron don't seem like the best fit with their style of play.

East is weak, it pretty much guarantees him to get to the final at least 2 more times. He should go to Philly imo.
What is the point of going to the finals and lose there repeatedly? Better to go somewhere when there is more competition.

Houston looks good on paper, but not sure how it will work with all three of them and with D'Antoni's shoot shoot shoot system. Pop coaching him, Kawhi and Aldridge looks intriguing though.

Jim Beam

What is the point of going to the finals and lose there repeatedly? Better to go somewhere when there is more competition.

Houston looks good on paper, but not sure how it will work with all three of them and with D'Antoni's shoot shoot shoot system. Pop coaching him, Kawhi and Aldridge looks intriguing though.
Seems to me he will have to adapt wherever he goes. Just think it would be much harder to do it in D'Antoni system than somewhere else. Like that idea with Spurs more tbh.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú

No chance lol

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I'm not sure he reaches the finals with either of those options but both put the fear of God in me. LeBron, Kawhi, Pop and (not forgetting) LaMarcus Aldridge I can see working out really well. The Harden/Paul option I'm not sure about. If they can make the pieces fit it has possibly even greater potential although I have my doubts about D'Antoni as a coach. If the Warriors can refocus themselves like last year I still fancy them but if they have similar hiccups to this year I think they could struggle. As to him going to Philly that also could work out, but for me it is the least scary of the options.

Art

Art the artist

More than a claim tbh.

kouroux

Skip and Shannon are like two guys shooting the breeze down the pub. Neither one takes what the other takes too seriously and they have a laugh about it. Nick Wright and Chris Carter just seem to have a nasty vibe about them.
I like watching Skip and Shannon with Joy (:drool:) throwing some petty comments here and there.
And let's not even mention Cowherd and Whitlock. One is about as clueless as one can get and one is about as hateful as one can get. I'll let you guess who is who :D

It will inflate his playoffs stats which will be used as argument that he is better than MJ

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
LeBron should do the only right thing and come to the Lakers. With Paul George. And Kawhi

:drool::drool::drool:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
LeBron should do the only right thing and come to the Lakers. With Paul George. And Kawhi

:drool::drool::drool:
How does that work? Not being sarcastic or argumentative, genuine question.

Would the Lakers be better of snagging George and James and try to get Cousins on some sort of one-year deal?