NBA 2019-2020

ChrisNelson

The one on the left looks like it's €21.99 for the season as it doesn't say "/mo" like the other one, so it could be that it's €21.99 for the season against €17.99 if you just had it for one month.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
The one on the left looks like it's €21.99 for the season as it doesn't say "/mo" like the other one, so it could be that it's €21.99 for the season against €17.99 if you just had it for one month.
That would be ridiculously cheap though.

Fridge chutney

That's what I thought, but seems too good to be true. Easy choice if that's the case

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'm paying 1 euro a month because for some reason my App Store allows me to purchase subscription for India-based customers, which I am not, and it is almost free.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
So question for anyone who can answer it. I recently found this LeBron James Miami heat jersey on Ebay (I am usually skeptical about picking up jerseys from there). It needs a little bit of restoration nothing to crazy BUT I Think it may be a LEGIT swingman Jersey and not a counterfeit.

I am not 100% though and am curious if anyone here would be able to tell me if it is in fact a legitimate swingman jersey.(I’ll post it once I get home if anyone knows how to tell the difference.)

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
So question for anyone who can answer it. I recently found this LeBron James Miami heat jersey on Ebay (I am usually skeptical about picking up jerseys from there). It needs a little bit of restoration nothing to crazy BUT I Think it may be a LEGIT swingman Jersey and not a counterfeit.

I am not 100% though and am curious if anyone here would be able to tell me if it is in fact a legitimate swingman jersey.(I’ll post it once I get home if anyone knows how to tell the difference.)
Bump

freeurmind

weak willed
13 Euros for the season league pass for me but with the state of the Knicks it's going to be a hard pass though with the time difference I could wake up early and catch the Laker and Clipper games.

Sarni

Draymond Green has signed a 4 year extension with the Dubs. He now gets $118 million over 5 years. I'm sure he could have got more if he had got to free agency next year but it seems that he wanted to stay with the Dubs so a good deal all round.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...00-million-max-contract-extension-per-report/
Other teams would have been able to offer him around $142million for 4 years, so technically he’s giving up on $42million but gets the security of signing the deal a year early so in case of injury or bad season he has his money secured. I think he has made the correct choice, don’t think he would be a max player next season and teams who could offer him a max next year wouldn’t be the most desirable destinations anyway.

Good deal for Warriors as well though the final years of that contract will probably not look that favorable. It’s still 3-4 years away though.

Sarni

The disrespect my Blazers are getting from the media yet again is funny. Most NBA journos mention Nuggets and Jazz as West favorites but rarely Portland, the like most bookies have for us is 44.5.

We won 53 last year and lost Seth Curry, Harkless, Meyers Leonard, Aminu, Turner and Kanter (who was here for about 20 games last season) and replaced them with Bazemore, Whiteside, Hezonja, Gasol and Tolliver. What gets neglected is that we also have Simons who is probably ready to play 16-18 minutes per game now and is a big talent (would have probably gone top 10 this season had he gone to college), Nasir Little who may get some minutes and is quite talented too and Zach Collins will finally get meaningful minutes. Not to mention motivated Whiteside and Bazemore are both good players, and maybe Hezonja will have a decent season too.

We got better I think and if we get Nurkic back before February I can see us fighting for the top seed in West. The big advantage we have over Lakers and Clippers in the regular season is that this group has played together before.

ZDwyr

@Sarni do you see Portland having any potential interest in Gallinari (assuming he stays healthy) at the deadline? I was looking at some potential trades and thought he might be a good fit in Portland.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
@Sarni do you see Portland having any potential interest in Gallinari (assuming he stays healthy) at the deadline? I was looking at some potential trades and thought he might be a good fit in Portland.
He'd be a good fit IMO. But what would you accept as a reasonable trade for him?

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
The disrespect my Blazers are getting from the media yet again is funny. Most NBA journos mention Nuggets and Jazz as West favorites but rarely Portland, the like most bookies have for us is 44.5.

We won 53 last year and lost Seth Curry, Harkless, Meyers Leonard, Aminu, Turner and Kanter (who was here for about 20 games last season) and replaced them with Bazemore, Whiteside, Hezonja, Gasol and Tolliver. What gets neglected is that we also have Simons who is probably ready to play 16-18 minutes per game now and is a big talent (would have probably gone top 10 this season had he gone to college), Nasir Little who may get some minutes and is quite talented too and Zach Collins will finally get meaningful minutes. Not to mention motivated Whiteside and Bazemore are both good players, and maybe Hezonja will have a decent season too.

We got better I think and if we get Nurkic back before February I can see us fighting for the top seed in West. The big advantage we have over Lakers and Clippers in the regular season is that this group has played together before.
I agree that people aren't giving the Blazers enough respect. But it's mainly because the West is now so even and the new sides are more exciting for them to talk about in terms of the narrative - new players, big name trades, etc.

Whereas the Blazers have kept that crew together and added, hopefully a motivated, Whiteside.

Blazers and Nuggets just aren't big news for the mainstream media. Though at least for us the media has interest in talking about the 'young core' narrative. But it doesn't help when shows like Undisputed, etc only ever talk about the LA sides, with a sprinkle of Houston and GSW. They never dedicate any time to our sides.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Other teams would have been able to offer him around $142million for 4 years, so technically he’s giving up on $42million but gets the security of signing the deal a year early so in case of injury or bad season he has his money secured. I think he has made the correct choice, don’t think he would be a max player next season and teams who could offer him a max next year wouldn’t be the most desirable destinations anyway.

Good deal for Warriors as well though the final years of that contract will probably not look that favorable. It’s still 3-4 years away though.
Great move from the Warriors. I'm surprised Green took it this early and didn't even test the FA waters even slightly.

If GSW get playoffs Green this season then they will be right back in the mix at the top end.

Sarni

If it’s for a small price (expiring and a lottery protected first) then maybe, if it’s anything more than that I’ll pass. I am not even sure I would give up a first, maybe two seconds instead. The issue with Gallinari is his health, he’s a good player when available but he’s usually out for 30% of a season.

Love and Aldridge are both more likely trade options. We might be shopping with expiring Whiteside’s contract towards the end of season when Nurkic returns, that has good value as it offers teams ability to clear their cap significantly in a few months. Bazemore is also an expiring but we are going to need some backcourt depth come the offseason.

Sarni

I agree that people aren't giving the Blazers enough respect. But it's mainly because the West is now so even and the new sides are more exciting for them to talk about in terms of the narrative - new players, big name trades, etc.

Whereas the Blazers have kept that crew together and added, hopefully a motivated, Whiteside.

Blazers and Nuggets just aren't big news for the mainstream media. Though at least for us the media has interest in talking about the 'young core' narrative. But it doesn't help when shows like Undisputed, etc only ever talk about the LA sides, with a sprinkle of Houston and GSW. They never dedicate any time to our sides.
Correct, Nuggets do get some recognition but it’s usually associated with their young core and last season’s record. Most outlets talk about LA, Houston, Golden State and Utah (they are the hipster choice nowadays).

They will have to recognize our team when Simons is dropping 25 a night and Collins becomes the defensive monster he’s supposed to be. Past two seasons I felt a bit underwhelmed before the season as we did not make many moves and carried over rather disappointing supporting cast with Harkless, Aminu, Leonard, Turner etc. I am glad we have managed to improve from them, and probably as important that we have gone for high upside picks three years in a row instead of going safe. Collins, Simons and Little may never amount too much (though Collins has arguably already contribute at the top level) but at least they have the potential to be great. I rather that than a ‘safe’ end of the bench player pick.

Sarni

Great move from the Warriors. I'm surprised Green took it this early and didn't even test the FA waters even slightly.

If GSW get playoffs Green this season then they will be right back in the mix at the top end.
I don’t think Green would get materially more next season anyway, looking at it. His max would have had him earn $44.7million into his final year when he’s 34, no way would anyone offer that.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don’t think Green would get materially more next season anyway, looking at it. His max would have had him earn $44.7million into his final year when he’s 34, no way would anyone offer that.
He would have needed to have the season of his life to pretend for more next summer no ? Good decision on his part

Sarni

He would have needed to have the season of his life to pretend for more next summer no ? Good decision on his part
Not necessarily, he’s a very good player and next years free agency sucks. Assuming AD stays with Lakers, Draymond would be the best player available. There will be some good players who may decline their final year player option - Conley, DeRozan, Drummond etc. but nothing special, and there will be some older players like Lowry, Gordon, Gasol and Ibaka but I don’t think there will be many max offers. Someone might have given Draymond his full max (turns out it would have been $151million / 4 years) but the risk is if he had another inconsistent season (last year he only showed up for the final part and playoffs) then those offers wouldn’t have been there. Also from what I remember only a handful of teams will have max money available next year and it will be most uninspiring ones like Atlanta and Phoenix.

Sarni

Russell has to be a trade chip at this point. Not only does he not fit into that team very well when Klay returns (unless you move Klay to a wing), his salary also doesn’t make sense. They will have four max deals which means the rest of that team going forward will have to be minimum contracts. I don’t think it’s that good long term.

ZDwyr

He'd be a good fit IMO. But what would you accept as a reasonable trade for him?
Probably looking for a future first round pick. Not sure on protections/range really though. Presti will probably hope a few teams get to the point where they think adding Gallo will push them up into serious contention and use them against each other for leverage. If he stays healthy I can see him putting up good numbers with Paul running the offense.

freeurmind

weak willed
Russell has to be a trade chip at this point. Not only does he not fit into that team very well when Klay returns (unless you move Klay to a wing), his salary also doesn’t make sense. They will have four max deals which means the rest of that team going forward will have to be minimum contracts. I don’t think it’s that good long term.
I disagree. I think he's an excellent option for them off the bench and can be a ball handler in the 3 guard lineups with Steph and Klay running off screens. Russell running a pick and roll going to the rim with Steph and Klay moving off the ball, trying to get open for 3? Not easy to defend. They'll be vulnerable defensively but you can't have everything in life. I dont see there being a team willing to trade for that contract anyways, not one that would give you anything meaningful back.

Sarni

I disagree. I think he's an excellent option for them off the bench and can be a ball handler in the 3 guard lineups with Steph and Klay running off screens. Russell running a pick and roll going to the rim with Steph and Klay moving off the ball, trying to get open for 3? Not easy to defend. They'll be vulnerable defensively but you can't have everything in life. I dont see there being a team willing to trade for that contract anyways, not one that would give you anything meaningful back.
You cannot keep a max player on the bench because it likely forces you to play not just one but two minimum players next to Curry, Thompson and Green.

I think Minnesota will want him. They were supposed to be favorites to get him even now.

R.E.D.

I know it's a long long long shot but if I'm the Warriors I'd try it. I think they should go after KAT. I know he said he's happy and all that and Minnesota probably won't do it but we saw what happened with PG13. Worth trying.

freeurmind

weak willed
You cannot keep a max player on the bench because it likely forces you to play not just one but two minimum players next to Curry, Thompson and Green.

I think Minnesota will want him. They were supposed to be favorites to get him even now.
In exchange for? I guess Teague and Covington maybe? But I'm not doing that if I'm the Timberwolves.

freeurmind

weak willed
I know it's a long long long shot but if I'm the Warriors I'd try it. I think they should go after KAT. I know he said he's happy and all that and Minnesota probably won't do it but we saw what happened with PG13. Worth trying.
KAT just signed an extension. At some point these teams have to stand up to these players demanding trades. I'd need Russell and 3 first round picks minimum and with those Warriors picks not being of much value, I'm not even sure that would be enough.

R.E.D.

KAT just signed an extension. At some point these teams have to stand up to these players demanding trades. I'd need Russell and 3 first round picks minimum and with those Warriors picks not being of much value, I'm not even sure that would be enough.
They tried to build around KAT and Wiggins and it didn't work. I don't think they can finish even in top 12 in the west let alone making the playoffs. At the same time they're much better than bad teams in the east so they can't get top draft picks. At some point maybe they decide to start over. I'm not saying it happens, I'm just saying it can. OKC decided it won't work with PG13 and Russ, who knows.

Sarni

They tried to build around KAT and Wiggins and it didn't work. I don't think they can finish even in top 12 in the west let alone making the playoffs. At the same time they're much better than bad teams in the east so they can't get top draft picks. At some point maybe they decide to start over. I'm not saying it happens, I'm just saying it can. OKC decided it won't work with PG13 and Russ, who knows.
If it comes to that they will trade him for a big package, not bend over and give him to Warriors for a knockdown price because everyone has to give Warriors whatever they want.

Sarni

In exchange for? I guess Teague and Covington maybe? But I'm not doing that if I'm the Timberwolves.
Expiring Teague and Covington, exactly. I would do that if I’m both teams.

stepic

I decided to pay for the league pass this season for the first time, but going to their website confused me a bit. What's the difference between these two?

did you do this? i'm getting the same thing in the UK - it says £24.99 in the annual bit but that can't be right. it's usually £150 or something like that.

Sarni

did you do this? i'm getting the same thing in the UK - it says £24.99 in the annual bit but that can't be right. it's usually £150 or something like that.
I now realized why it is that way. You aren't buying subscription for 2019-20, you are buying subscription for the remainder of 2018-19 (which is basically August and September, with no games to watch anyway). The subscription is getting gradually less expensive normally during season as fewer months are left, and now is basically almost end of season so you're paying for two months.

stepic

I now realized why it is that way. You aren't buying subscription for 2019-20, you are buying subscription for the remainder of 2018-19 (which is basically August and September, with no games to watch anyway). The subscription is getting gradually less expensive normally during season as fewer months are left, and now is basically almost end of season so you're paying for two months.
makes sense. you're basically just paying for all last year's games on demand.

thought it was too good to be true!

hope you didn't buy it @maniak

stepic

for anyone who has used the league pass before, can you have multiple logins like netflix? or just one logged in at a time?

Sarni

for anyone who has used the league pass before, can you have multiple logins like netflix? or just one logged in at a time?
I think one.

BTW if you subscribe via Apple device, go into App Store subscriptions and check whether you have India subscription available. It's less than 10% of price of the EU/UK/US one and works exactly the same. Not sure why it's available for me in Poland but I've been using it for the last few months and never had any issues.

The standard one is well worth the price anyway, even though it's pretty expensive. Great value during season.

stepic

I think one.

BTW if you subscribe via Apple device, go into App Store subscriptions and check whether you have India subscription available. It's less than 10% of price of the EU/UK/US one and works exactly the same. Not sure why it's available for me in Poland but I've been using it for the last few months and never had any issues.

The standard one is well worth the price anyway, even though it's pretty expensive. Great value during season.
how do I do it, do I need to download the NBA App first?