6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

prtk0811

Matic and Herrera is enough for me. And Fellaini will probably be picked in such circumstances before Carrick.
Herrera is a ball winner, a proactive one but he cant control the midfeild and Posession as he is a different type of player, big games is very much about midfeild control as we found out against madrid.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Herrera is a ball winner, a proactive one but he cant control the midfeild and Posession as he is a different type of player, big games is very much about midfeild control as we found out against madrid.
We won't have the luxury or ability to control possession against a Real Madrid, and trying to 'do what they do' is an almost guaranteed way to confirm defeat. Carrick and Matic won't be controlling any midfield against Real.

I suspect we will set up to counter their style.

prtk0811

We won't have the luxury or ability to control possession against a Real Madrid, and trying to 'do what they do' is an almost guaranteed way to confirm defeat. Carrick and Matic won't be controlling any midfield against Real.

I suspect we will set up to counter their style.
But , also we wont have to get dominated and try to absorb all the pressure, and wait for counters. If we cant dominate we need to actually kep it to a level where no one dominates the midfeild,

Fellani is a good target man up the pitch , but he can never be that midfeilder we would need to provide that quality in the midfield in possesion.

Prodigal7

Question: I've just noticed he only has 32 caps for Serbia. What's the deal there? Seems like he should have a few more.
If you don't qualify for the euros or world cup then you're restricted to friendlies and qualifiers. Not a huge number of games to play in that event

kentafuji

He did refuse to play for them for about 9 months due to the manager not selecting him to start (though he was in the squads) for a period of time.

So thats probably cost him some appearances too

Swansea 0:4 Man Utd

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Less of a highlight reel performance today, but it's his calm head and sensible yet dominant play that helped Pogba turn the game around, no doubt.

I know it's only 2 games in, but I really think Matic is the dream CM partner for Pogba.

Love this guy as a Utd player, hope the 2 of them stay fit all season - it'll basically define our season I think.

Kapardin

IMO, his intent to always look forwards rather than passing it back contributes a lot to our attack. His confidence when he drives forward with the ball is amazing.

Of course, you can't expect worldies every game like the West Ham one. He was a solid 7/10 today.

mu4c_20le

Great signing. He understands the system and looks like hes been playing for us for years.

Fracture90

He's like a spider grabbing every ball, robbing players of possession left and right! Seriously his reading of the game is top notch, a la Carrick you might say because he's always in the right place in the right time without ever needing to make a sliding tackle.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Thought he was man of the match. Very good at mopping up the lose possession.

goin4glory

Excellent again. Rarely gets credit for his passing from deep but ala Carrick he's always trying to pass forward and start attacks.

3KDré

Always keeps things ticking. A lot better offensively than I would have imagined too.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I've always had a soft spot for Chelsea, even more so after gifting us this gem :drool:

M Bison

Supports
York City
I'm going against the grain but felt he wasn't as dominant as last week and struggled in parts. I thought both he and Pogba were 2nd best in large portions of the game and bringing Fellaini on helped (it hurts to even type that!)

Quizierda

He seems to be truly the "missing piece".
He is like an octopus - everywhere at any time to get a tackle in and win the ball back. Another great performance!

el3mel

Great match again. Calm on the ball, cover the distance in front of the defense and pushing us forward. Pogba is the most one benefiting from having such a great DMF with him.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Was very good but not on the level he was at against West Ham.
Take Matic out today and Pogba would never have turned his performance (and the game) around.

It's Matic's calm head, sensible, yet dominant plays that free Pogba.

Without Matic today that Pogba performance would've spiraled, and I think we'd be looking at a very different game and result.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I lost count on how many times did won the ball back today. It feels so good to have a proper 'cleaning lady' as we call them in Sweden in midfield again.

Robbie Boy

Take Matic out today and Pogba would never have turned his performance (and the game) around.

It's Matic's calm head, sensible, yet dominant plays that free Pogba.

Without Matic today that Pogba performance would've spiraled, and I think we'd be looking at a very different game and result.
Yup as I said, very good today.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I love that he's a mix of Carrick and Schweinsteiger. He's got the passing of Carrick and, like Bastian, he can withstand players pressing him very well with his shielding of the ball and close control, plus he isn't afraid of leaving his position to press/tackle or dribbling when he sees space.

Devil may care

Another good outing, he kept it simple and mopped up in front of the back 4 if Jonesy didn't beat him to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.