6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManuMou

Quietly but clinically effective engine room of the team today.

Barely noticeable because he was so tidy in his possession and distribution of the ball.

Seems like he is the 'Cantona' of Mourinho's United, in that he is unlocking the potential of everyone around him.
This.

A factor that is always "ignored" by people, where they just look at individual performance instead of the big picture, ie how a player influences the his teammates, system and tactic, not just on an individual basis.

ManuMou

Would still like Fabinho as he would compliment Pogba and Matic in a 3 and he's also different from Herrera but could play alongside him as well. If we lost Matic to injury or suspension then with Fabinho the drop off in quality would not be huge and he can also cover Valencia. His signature would add lots of options and really add to our quality in my opinion. Pricey yes but would be a quality addition and could fill Fellaini's squad spot if we were to move him on.
You will never have enough of backup options.

Herrera, Fellaini, Carrick, Perreira are more than enough, in the context of other positions like LB/RB/LW/RW should be prioritized. Unless we are PSG, I don't think it is an issue right now. Also, having too many players can spoil the team chemistry/understanding, a factor that is often ignored by people. Put it this way, it's like you want Real who already has Ronaldo/Bale as starter and backup options of Asensio/Isco, then you want another backup options. (well of course you could argue that Asensio/Isco are young/potential and the future replacement for Ronaldo/Bale, it's not the perfect comparison, but I guess you get what I mean here)

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You will never have enough of backup options.

Herrera, Fellaini, Carrick, Perreira are more than enough, in the context of other positions like LB/RB/LW/RW should be prioritized. Unless we are PSG, I don't think it is an issue right now. Also, having too many players can spoil the team chemistry/understanding, a factor that is often ignored by people. Put it this way, it's like you want Real who already has Ronaldo/Bale as starter and backup options of Asensio/Isco, then you want another backup options. (well of course you could argue that Asensio/Isco are young/potential and the future replacement for Ronaldo/Bale, it's not the perfect comparison, but I guess you get what I mean here)
I'd say it's more like trying to get to the standard of Real who have numerous replacements in most positions of genuine quality.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Impeccable, again. Always where he needs to be, always making the right decisions.

FujiVice

Unreal signing. Just knows what to do every time he's called into action.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Excellent performance imo. Really like how counter-resistant we were with Matic, Leicester are excellent on the counter and more or less build their approach around counter-attacking football and we did a great job nullifying and nipping those growing counters in the bud. Matic was pivotal to that imo.

Moreover, his pirouettes/half-turns on the ball are just so simple, elegant and effective, esp with his physicality, to astutely create that extra bit of space and opening to keep the momentum going instead of passing backwards or sideways.

Art

Art the artist
His ability to diffuse tough situations is disgusting. What a ridiculously calm player.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Probably my favourite moment of his was when he saw the amount of room in Leicesters box, ran into the space where Rashford found him with a nice pass, and just caused some panic. Nothing much came from it (if memory serves me right) but to have our DM do this was just refreshing to see.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I thought he lost the ball on two occasions, one in each half, that could've ended up with real danger. Otherwise he was very good once more, and it's almost unreal to see how much of an improvement he is to our first eleven.

InfiniteBoredom

I gave him MOTM today. Winning everything in midfield and kept us on the front foot for 75 mins. Scholes-esque performance.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
effortless engine room.

He has both the skill and discipline to play the Makelele/Carrick to an even higher level and I love his instant control of a situation resulting almost always in an offensive forward pass.

Likewise, every time Pogba lost the ball in the attacking third and Leicester pumped the ball forward, Matic was always almost at the receiving end.

Still don't understand why the Chavs sold him.

Akshay

Staff
He's so consistent I'm going to end up thinking this is just the expected level for a holding midfielder. Much like De Gea has redefined my standards on goalkeeping. He's one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment. Long may it continue.

OneUnited24

Could have got a assist today had he looked up and not tried to drag it back and have a shot! :@

Red Star One

Flawless, isn't he? Might as well turn out to be our most important transfer of Jose era. Calm on the ball, consistent, positionally impeccable. He gives the team a new dimension, absolutely brilliant.

Devil may care

Another good performance, he's even getting forward well at times and picks the right pass every time.

kotha

I wouldn't say I was over the moon when he signed for us.. I wanted a holding midfielder and was just happy we signed one,I don't watch much of other teams so I had no idea how good he was.. What a buy he has been.. An amazing fit in our midfield and its like he didn't even need the time to settle down.. He is what i expected from Schinderlin or Schweinsteiger..

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Was good today! So far not bad... hope he keeps up these consistent performances. However, will need resting.... don't think we should overplay him..

Paul_Scholes18

solid again. Not spectacular, but he helps the rest of our team. Better than Pogba in midfield for me today.

SATA

Think we don't need him playing in the CL group stages. Let Herrera take his place, Matic covers so much ground per game

Makky

Absolutely bossing it in the DM position, making things tick. Exactly what we have been crying out for some time. People may say these type of performances, especially in his position may be overlooked at times, but it shouldn't. His importance right now to this team can never be overstated.

Rake

He has been great, but he seems a bit reluctant to make sliding tackles. Dunno if it is just me or if some of you guys have noticed the same

Runner

He's exactly what I was hoping Morgan Schneiderlin would be for us. Solid and calm presence in the midfield allowing us to pin teams back like we used to do under Ferguson. Very important player and having a great impact on our title chances.

Devil81

Why did we feck about with the midfield for so long, he's world class in his position.

Why was we buying second tier midfielders?

ExoduS

Solid so far. Not impressive, but solid. It's hard to be impressive when you are not pressed. I am curious how is he going to play against teams that will press us. He is so calm and commanding. Love it. Great start of the season!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He has been great, but he seems a bit reluctant to make sliding tackles. Dunno if it is just me or if some of you guys have noticed the same
Because he doesn't need to most of the time. Slide tackling should be a last resort method for defending. There are players who love to throw themselves at any given opportunities.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Solid so far. Not impressive, but solid. It's hard to be impressive when you are not pressed. I am curious how is he going to play against teams that will press us. He is so calm and commanding. Love it. Great start of the season!
Reckon he will do just fine, especially since in those matches he'll have Herrera in there doing the leg-work, so he will just be asked to sit in front of the back four.

Status
Not open for further replies.