6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Solid so far. Not impressive, but solid. It's hard to be impressive when you are not pressed. I am curious how is he going to play against teams that will press us. He is so calm and commanding. Love it. Great start of the season!
We played against Real Madrid already and he was our best midfielder. There's no team in the EPL who's harder than Madrid in terms of attacking.

Rake

Because he doesn't need to most of the time. Slide tackling should be a last resort method for defending. There are players who love to throw themselves at any given opportunities.
I`m well aware of that but nobody can be in a perfect position all the time.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I love his little dribbles towards the opposition's deep-set midfield in a bid to provoke them into leaving their positions. He commits the player then passes to a teammate. Carrick, all too often, just passes sideways in those scenarios, and opposition midfields just slide across as a unit. They don't seem like much, but those little penetrative Matic runs make a world of difference. I love how composed he is on the ball. Excellent midfield player.

Hellboy

Solid so far. Not impressive, but solid. It's hard to be impressive when you are not pressed. I am curious how is he going to play against teams that will press us. He is so calm and commanding. Love it. Great start of the season!
He had Okazaki pressing him all the time especially in the first half, couldn't get near him.

arthurka

Chelsea are idiots letting him go and replacing him with B-joko.. Top shelf quality from Serbia..

jem

He's fantastic. He's everything I'd imagined Schweinsteiger would be for us. Absolute steal.

criticalanalysis

Was very very good in his role today but I'm repeating myself here, Mourinho needs to rotate or rather introduce another midfielder sooner into games.

He's done A LOT of ground work our past 3 games and in the 2nd half, it showed the limitations of playing a two with one of them being Pogba and essentially a front 4 ahead of them.

RedCurry

He's been fantastic so far this season. Doesn't do a thing wrong. Early days though.

In my opinion, his biggest challenge will come against teams that press. Liverpool game would be his first real test. But majority of the games we play, he will dominate if he continues playing like he's done so far.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Was very very good in his role today but I'm repeating myself here, Mourinho needs to rotate or rather introduce another midfielder sooner into games.

He's done A LOT of ground work our past 3 games and in the 2nd half, it showed the limitations of playing a two with one of them being Pogba and essentially a front 4 ahead of them.
Agree, we need to use Herrera\Fellaini and Carrick for all our cup matches and easier league matches, I fear we'll run him into the ground, which admittedly you could accuse Jose of doing in his second season with Chelsea in his last stint there.

In big matches his role will be more reserved though since he will be mostly asked to sit, while Herrera does the hustling.

Ban

There were so many reservations about us buying this guy. And look at him now, he slotted in the team like he's been there for ages. Another brilliant display.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Our group looks easy on the paper, so yeah you could be right.
The last time we had Benfica and Basel in the same group we were knocked out in 11/12. The last time we were actually in the CL we were knocked out of the group stage by Wolfsburg. We shouldn't take anything for granted.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
In a window where Oxlade Chamberlain goes for 40m with a year left on his contract Matic is looking a bargain

Dante

Average bang

He's missed only 14 games in 5 years. Matic isn't the type to suffer from fatigue.

criticalanalysis

He's missed only 14 games in 5 years. Matic isn't the type to suffer from fatigue.
His injury record is fantastic but that doesn't mean you can't keep your players more fresh than others. The amount of defensive ground he covers AND the forward runs is not sustainable. Pretty much the whole Chelsea squad suffered this at Mourinho's first two seasons at Chelsea iirc. Of course on his second season he won the title but it was a case of burn bright and fast.

Anyways it's just a minor concern for now. At Utd, he's got a far better squad with plenty of good depth so he has all the opportunities to rotate.

Stoke 2:2 Man Utd

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Kind of hoping for a jinx with this, but gotta say both him and Pogba are very poor today, especially Matic who I thought didn't bring much today at all. His worst game so far for us.

lawliet354

Kind of hoping for a jinx with this, but gotta say both him and Pogba are very poor today, especially Matic who I thought didn't bring much today at all. His worst game so far for us.
Yeah he was really bad today, didn't really do much defensively, and made some of stupid passes going forward, and somehow he keep getting beaten in the air by Shaqiri

Devil may care

I thought he did fine defensively but didn't have much of an impact in possession like he has in the other 3 games.

Minimalist

Did his job which is his defensive duties mainly. I don't expect him to brilliant in all aspects every match.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
not going to lie if he was playing exactly like this for Chelsea i can see why they sold him.

Moiraine

Didn't see first 52 minutes of the game because I had to go to the airport but after that, I can't remember him making any contribution to the team. He rather gave away the ball cheaply a couple of times in the final third and was not effective in tracking back either. I guess he was trying to go in advance positions to force a positive result.

But give the guy a break, let him play for half a season at least (especially group stage matches of Champions League) and then we can criticize him.

Jaybomb

He's a defensive midfielder. He's rarely ever gonna directly make goals for us.

I thought everyone accepted and appreciated that?

izec

He's a defensive midfielder. He's rarely ever gonna directly make goals for us.

I thought everyone accepted and appreciated that?
He started on fire and contributed offensively. He had an average game offensively yesterday, so obviously some are disappointed, even if his main job isnt to shine offensively too

RooneyLegend

His passing like Hererra's contribute nothing to our team offensively which is a shame cause we need to improve in that aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.